Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias sure seems to me to be a straight up crazy killer. What a story!

Thanks Nancy for the link to the press conference. Her answer to the question about the camera, really creeped me out. It was around 19:19 on the video, when asked about the camera, her first answer is it was his camera and that the LE told her the camera went off by itself and it appears the pictures were taken on the floor. Interesting, how a camera that went off by itself, showed up in the washing machine.

I also agree about her eyes, when you look at her, it's like looking at a person with no soul.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. We haven't seen the pictures, but I think that in this rare instance, Jodi might actually be telling the truth about the photos taken of the dying Travis. The murder scene was messy and not restricted to one small area; if Jodi expected to kill him with a single shot, this small-statured women was confronted instead by a wounded man struggling frantically to stop her assault. It's entirely possible, I think, that the last, apparently indistinct pictures of Travis on the floor were snapped inadvertently (easily done with some digital cameras) after the camera fell to the floor, perhaps as Jodi pulled the bloody sheets from the bed. (It's possible that she pulled them off the bed to better drag Travis to the bathroom.) I hypothesizing here, but to me, it's entirely possible that in the excitement, Jodi misplaced the camera in the tangled sheets, which this small item ended up in the washing machine rather than her taking it with her.

As you note, there is something peculiarly soulless about her demeanor.

Wash the sheets, but lose the camera and leave a bloody handprint on the wall ...
There was some dicussion about her cell phone and it's ability to be tracked via GPS. I wonder if LE tried to retrace her route to look for discarded weapons.

Wash the sheets, but lose the camera and leave a bloody handprint on the wall ...
There was some dicussion about her cell phone and it's ability to be tracked via GPS. I wonder if LE tried to retrace her route to look for discarded weapons.

Hi, Knox, you're so right. For such a demure, self-composed young woman, she obviously went haywire at the murder scene. Perhaps she was frightened that the sound of the gun would attract neighbors, but her actions were half rational (she brought the weapons with her; washed the sheets for fear of DNA traces; had a general alibi) and half frantic (the handprint, her blood elsewhere at the crime scene, not searching for camera, which apparently had visible time stamps).

At point, one wonders, did she realize that camera was still at the apartment? It's like a scene from a murder mystery or movie thriller.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. We haven't seen the pictures, but I think that in this rare instance, Jodi might actually be telling the truth about the photos taken of the dying Travis. The murder scene was messy and not restricted to one small area; if Jodi expected to kill him with a single shot, this small-statured women was confronted instead by a wounded man struggling frantically to stop her assault. It's entirely possible, I think, that the last, apparently indistinct pictures of Travis on the floor were snapped inadvertently (easily done with some digital cameras) after the camera fell to the floor, perhaps as Jodi pulled the bloody sheets from the bed. (It's possible that she pulled them off the bed to better drag Travis to the bathroom.) I hypothesizing here, but to me, it's entirely possible that in the excitement, Jodi misplaced the camera in the tangled sheets, which this small item ended up in the washing machine rather than her taking it with her.

As you note, there is something peculiarly soulless about her demeanor.

Hi Chanler, it's possible she was telling the truth about the camera, though I just found her response very chilling, and the amount of detail she gives, makes me think she's making it up as she goes along, though that's just my opinion. I do agree with you, it's very possible that she used the sheets to drag Travis to the bathroom and didn't realize the camera got caught up in the sheets at some point. I'm not a pyschologist, though she definitely seems like a sociopath to me.

Hi Chanler, it's possible she was telling the truth about the camera, though I just found her response very chilling, and the amount of detail she gives, makes me think she's making it up as she goes along, though that's just my opinion. I do agree with you, it's very possible that she used the sheets to drag Travis to the bathroom and didn't realize the camera got caught up in the sheets at some point. I'm not a pyschologist, though she definitely seems like a sociopath to me.

The camera being mussed up in the sheets makes a lot of sense. Why else would a "skilled" photographer (not that she was trained, but she claims to be comfortable behind a camera) leave the memory card behind?

The more I think about this case, the more I am inclined to think that Jodi really doesn't care about her freedom, she may want the death penalty to live in "eternity" with Travis.

She seems so odd to me. (IMO.)

The camera being mussed up in the sheets makes a lot of sense. Why else would a "skilled" photographer (not that she was trained, but she claims to be comfortable behind a camera) leave the memory card behind?

The more I think about this case, the more I am inclined to think that Jodi really doesn't care about her freedom, she may want the death penalty to live in "eternity" with Travis.

I agree with your opinion, she is odd. The fact that she forgot all about the camera, left a bloody handprint, yet conveniently had her purse beside her so she could escape, and then calls Travis while on route somewhere else, knowing that he's not able to answer (no doubt this was to give herself an alibi that she was not at his house that day), is very odd indeed.

She may not get her wish of the death penalty to spend "eternity" with Travis. I seem to recall at the end of 48 Hours, a mention of her lawyer looking at an insanity plea.

Hi Boyz Mum. The pictures that I've seen by her aren't bad, but aren't really professional quality. I found it interesting that her blog illustrations don't show either the beautiful landscape that West and Midwest have (and we New Yorkers envy) or friends or family.

You might well be right about her death wish. After the event, she did very little to prepare a fall back alibi, although she should have known that she was a likely suspect.

I agree with your opinion, she is odd. The fact that she forgot all about the camera, left a bloody handprint, yet conveniently had her purse beside her so she could escape, and then calls Travis while on route somewhere else, knowing that he's not able to answer (no doubt this was to give herself an alibi that she was not at his house that day), is very odd indeed.

She may not get her wish of the death penalty to spend "eternity" with Travis. I seem to recall at the end of 48 Hours, a mention of her lawyer looking at an insanity plea.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. I think that selling an insanity plea might be next to impossible. She doesn't seem to have any previous history of mental illness; she isn't out of touch with most of reality; her actions show rage and cunning, not confusion about right or wrong.

And one last thought: I don't that Jodi's ego would allow her to beg for incarceration with the criminally insane, which is where she would be destined if such a plea were successful.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. I think that selling an insanity plea might be next to impossible. She doesn't seem to have any previous history of mental illness; she isn't out of touch with most of reality; her actions show rage and cunning, not confusion about right or wrong.

And one last thought: I don't that Jodi's ego would allow her to beg for incarceration with the criminally insane, which is where she would be destined if such a plea were successful.

Hi Chanler, I agree with you about the insanity plea and Jodi's ego. I was just mentioning what I recall hearing on 48 Hours. I don't live in the USA, so I'm not sure what the laws are like as opposed to Canada, which is where I live. I have noticed in the United States, that the general public is a lot more privy to details on an ongoing investigation unlike Canada. where we hear next to nothing until the time of trial. Jodi definitely knew what she was doing, though didn't cover her tracks very well, so hopefully the LE has tons of evidence against her, and she'll have to sit in a jail for the rest of her life, which I think would be a far greater punishment for her, then the death penalty.

nobodyzgirl, I was following the abduction of Tori for a while, need to go back and get up to speed. So what's a Canadian's view of our legal system, do cases move forward quicker in the US than in Canada?

Does somebody have time to put the facts/links in chronological order? It would be nice to have it organized in one post and brought forward. I'll have time this weekend if not : )

nobodyzgirl, I was following the abduction of Tori for a while, need to go back and get up to speed. So what's a Canadian's view of our legal system, do cases move forward quicker in the US than in Canada?

Does somebody have time to put the facts/links in chronological order? It would be nice to have it organized in one post and brought forward. I'll have time this weekend if not : )

Hi, Knox. I know of no single timeline, but until we hear more, it will be essentially uncomplicated; certainly not as complicated as the timeline for the Caylee Anthony murder or the Natalee Holloway disappearance. It's summarized in the 48 Hours write-up, and in articles like this:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/05/48hours/main4845724.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/125240

(It only occurred to me after you mentioned the timeline to check the date that Jodi and Travis first met; apparently it was in 2007, just one year before the June 2008 murder! That surprised me because of both the apparent intensity of this on-and-off involvement and the number of trips they seemed to have taken together. Travis' last MySpace note to her was only a month before she murdered him.

It would be interesting to learn when Jodi called his house after the murder and whether the point of origin could be determined. It might better pinpoint the time of murder.

Hi Knox, as you see from following Tori's case, there is very little information that the public has heard,generally, very little information gets leaked or released until the time of trial, which is supposedly to get an impartial jury. It seems to me from the cases I've followed and am following in the US, they move about the same, maybe a little bit quicker in the US The biggest difference is the amount of information that is available to the public, and the fact that certain states have the DP, which we do not. The judges in Canada are not elected by the public, they are appointed. I would say those are the biggest differences between our two legal systems. I did notice that Jodi and Travis' my space pages are available and, and in the Tori's case, the two that are accused, their facebook pages were wiped clean, very shortly after their arrest, which everyone assumes is by LE.

Of course being a WS'er I advocate public disclosure :)
But release of information is according to individual State Laws and discretion of LE and the Judge. Contrast the Casey Anthony and Melissa Huckaby cases. Well maybe CA case is not a good example (Sunshine Law), but you get my point.

Wonder why LE would wipe out the FB accounts for the two arrested in Tori's case I wonder?

I agree with the public disclosure, and thanks for passing on the information that it's at the discretion of the LE or Judge. I was actually surprised at how much information was available for CA (phone calls from jail, etc.), from following that case through the newpapers online and through WS. I can only assume in Canada they don't do that, because they are concerned about getting an impartial jury.

I'm not sure why they wiped the two accounts clean, though it occurred right after the arrests. I was checking out Jodi's myspace account and noticed that her younger sister mentioned her, though didn't say she was in jail or anything, just the family was dealing with things with her older sister. They certainly have stayed very quiet through all this, though after watching CA's family, it's no wonder other families wouldn't want to be in the spotlight.

I agree with the public disclosure, and thanks for passing on the information that it's at the discretion of the LE or Judge. I was actually surprised at how much information was available for CA (phone calls from jail, etc.), from following that case through the newpapers online and through WS. I can only assume in Canada they don't do that, because they are concerned about getting an impartial jury.

I'm not sure why they wiped the two accounts clean, though it occurred right after the arrests. I was checking out Jodi's myspace account and noticed that her younger sister mentioned her, though didn't say she was in jail or anything, just the family was dealing with things with her older sister. They certainly have stayed very quiet through all this, though after watching CA's family, it's no wonder other families wouldn't want to be in the spotlight.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. I'm in a paradoxical, perhaps even hypocritical position. I favor the more strict approach that British, Canadian, and most European governments follow. I think that widespread pre-trial publicity tends to reinforce people's early intuitions or perceptions about the case, many of which are wrong. Such breaking news information makes us think in sloppy ways, encouraging us to connect dots that really aren't there. In the Natalee Holloway case, for instance, the Kalpoe brothers were often indiscriminately grouped early on with Joran Van Der Sloot as drug date rapist killers when the evidence about them specifically speaks quite differently. In the Arias case, it seemed at first that Jodi had taken macabre shots of Travis dying when it now seems possible that those pictures were recorded accidentally.

I think she is guilty. The website quick trips to hell, has a video on it of her speaking and she is soooo calm though the whole thing and could come across as being very believable to some. I watched it and her composure is shocking and the way she speaks. http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/

sounds like the NC, Jeffey Mc Dondald case from the military in the 70's...

bunch of sociopathiccccccccccs!

ugh.. i just cant believe some of these crimes and the evil weirdos who think they will get away with it...

some are so dumb... others are careless...

MOST lie about eveything in life

death for em all

and send the prisoners & gangbangers.. not jail.. to Iraq.. and Afgannystan ;) and lets see how cool they are about turf and disrepect and drugs and money....

ugh... oh..and their stupid lil machine guns ... aka/AK/47's

Gotta go now... i dont want to get to much mad..
No wanna be bannedddddddddddddddd

Hi, nobodyzgirl. I'm in a paradoxical, perhaps even hypocritical position. I favor the more strict approach that British, Canadian, and most European governments follow. I think that widespread pre-trial publicity tends to reinforce people's early intuitions or perceptions about the case, many of which are wrong. Such breaking news information makes us think in sloppy ways, encouraging us to connect dots that really aren't there. In the Natalee Holloway case, for instance, the Kalpoe brothers were often indiscriminately grouped early on with Joran Van Der Sloot as drug date rapist killers when the evidence about them specifically speaks quite differently. In the Arias case, it seemed at first that Jodi had taken macabre shots of Travis dying when it now seems possible that those pictures were recorded accidentally.

I agree with you about early perceptions and a lot of information being wrong. I just think in Canada, we should have public disclosure during the trial, a lot of times in Canada, when there is a big trial (i.e., Paul Bernardo), we had a publication ban in Canada, though the United States was able to hear daily about the trial, we had to wait until the outcome. I know that the publication ban is likely for the family members of the victim, because I'm sure it's hard enough to sit through a trial and hear all the evidence, let alone, having every person in the world, know exactly what happened to the victim. If Jodi, actually took pictures of Travis dying, she is a very sick individual (even worse than what I think of her now) though I've heard of stranger things and like it was mentioned in this thread, it's easier for pictures to get taken accidently with a digital camera. I still think she's guilty and did sloppy job of getting rid of evidence, which is good for the prosecution's case, and hopefully she'll be in jail for the rest of her life.

I agree with you about early perceptions and a lot of information being wrong. I just think in Canada, we should have public disclosure during the trial, a lot of times in Canada, when there is a big trial (i.e., Paul Bernardo), we had a publication ban in Canada, though the United States was able to hear daily about the trial, we had to wait until the outcome. I know that the publication ban is likely for the family members of the victim, because I'm sure it's hard enough to sit through a trial and hear all the evidence, let alone, having every person in the world, know exactly what happened to the victim. If Jodi, actually took pictures of Travis dying, she is a very sick individual (even worse than what I think of her now) though I've heard of stranger things and like it was mentioned in this thread, it's easier for pictures to get taken accidently with a digital camera. I still think she's guilty and did sloppy job of getting rid of evidence, which is good for the prosecution's case, and hopefully she'll be in jail for the rest of her life.

Hi, nobodyzgirl, thanks for your interesting note. I can certainly understand your position, especially because interested Canadians can still tap into American internet sources.

As for Jodi, I think that the trial evidence will make her guilt even more clear. There seems to be a lot of blood evidence that connects her in the struggle and, as far as we know, nobody else's blood or bloody handprints.

I'm hoping for a life sentence too: I notice from Jodi's MySpace write-up that she is interested in Eternal Progression, the Mormon doctrine that she might interpret as offering her brighter opportunities after execution. I think that sometimes even a few years behind bars serves as a freezing-water refresher course.

Thanks Chanler and nobodyzgirl, interesting posts. Good point Chanler about Canadians accessing US websites for case info, lol. Ban what ban? The photo's of an injured/dying Travis ... How do you think they were taken by accident?

After reading about "eternal progression" and her comment about preferring the DP to Life ... I think you nailed it. She does not fear death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288