GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, finally tuning in to watch yesterday and today's testimony. Anything I MUST see?

The entire day!
Her Doctor who prescribed a lot of that stuff was on the stand all day.
Watch just after lunch for JS yelling at the Dr. from the defendants table :eek:

Is anyone else thinking she may be insane and NGRI?

Is Nancy Schenecker on the Defense's witness list? I would like to know more of what she was like on a daily basis from family and friends.

Her outburst may have helped her actually. I wonder if the jury understood what she said and if they did, what doctor would say have 2 drinks with 2 oxycontins? That alone sounded nuts IMO.

I don't think she was on oxycontin, that is not regularly prescribed, I think it was oxycodone (vicodin)? Vicodin is a much less powerful drug.

I was but after today's testimony it bugs me she wasn't having psychotic symptoms such as delusions, hearing voices etc...

As of now no but I will save judgement till the trial is over. I would like to believe she was insane because its inconceivable a mom could execute her children in cold blood. Why didn't she kill the cat too if she was insane? The kids were the only targets. IMHO

I don't think she was on oxycontin, that is not regularly prescribed, I think it was oxycodone (vicodin)? Vicodin is a much less powerful drug.

Vicodin is hydrocodone/APAP. It is not oxycodone. There are numerous combinations of hydrocodone and acetaminophen under various brand names, including Vicodin

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/mobileart-rx.asp?type=search&searchtype=rx-desc&search=hydrocodone

Oxycodone is a generic for Percocet

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/mobileart-rx.asp?drug=percocet&monotype=rx-desc&monopage=1
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iirc in "suicide" journal she did contemplate overdosing on oxy but alas had none

I went back and watched the parts where my Internet cut out and did not see the first time. WAT had it up immediately which was nice. Dr. obregon stated she had a suicide attempt "5years ago" which I assume means 2009? Or 5 years prior to his assuming care?

There was a woman with Dr. obregon who looked like an attorney, who left the courtroom with him. I truly hope, after all of this, that he documents a whole lot better than he did as a third year. He stated he assessed her suicidal ideations in the phone call on 1/4/11. Not sure I am buying that either. His risk reduction of allowing alcohol 1 drink per day was an error IMO. In this litigious age, IMO, he should have written No ETOH".

The State sure did hammer on the ETOH abuse. It made me revisit and give more weight to her psych diagnoses. What the State did do IMO, was to highlight how PS reached out to her physician and how concerned and caring he was at that time. JMV

This "Dr" was just awful in practice and on the stand and did nothing for the defense. One of the worst things I heard is when he said he "recommended hospitalization" and she declined and he did not document that. Just unbelievable. I think he stands to lose his license so he better have an attorney with him. I also think he lied on the stand...he did give her the impression she could drink and take the meds. Just awful

This "Dr" was just awful in practice and on the stand and did nothing for the defense. One of the worst things I heard is when he said he "recommended hospitalization" and she declined and he did not document that. Just unbelievable. I think he stands to lose his license so he better have an attorney with him. I also think he lied on the stand...he did give her the impression she could drink and take the meds. Just awful

She is a very smart woman that's why I wonder is she thought since he young and inexperienced she might be able to manipulate him into pain prescriptions. It's very odd to ask your psych Dr for pain meds.

If you really want to kill yourself. Theirs always hanging yourself or swallowing poisonous household cleaners. You don't have to use pain pills.

She is a very smart woman that's why I wonder is she thought since he young and inexperienced she might be able to manipulate him into pain prescriptions. It's very odd to ask your psych Dr for pain meds.

I think it is clear with an experienced doctor she would have had a better chance of getting some help. The supervising doctor never even saw her and this guy never followed up with her other therapist. It is a classic case of a patient just not getting proper care and he was really still a student. Sure she spotted this and asked him for drugs etc. He should have realized this case was "over his head" and referred her to someone much more experienced.

A couple of years ago I must have done something funny to my back because the pain was awful. The doc prescribed oxycodone. Isn't that for pain? So what justification would JS be telling the doc to try and get that script filled?

One of the TBO news articles said that she'd had several surgeries in the past year or so, and had chronic pain. They didn't say what sort of surgery.

Please do not poke fun at the defendant or the victims in this case, nor the expert witnesses.

Also, please do not post large, blinking pictures/images. They are very distracting to those that are trying to read the posts and keep up with what is happening.

Thanks,

Salem

Next go round I will issue TOs to anyone posting pics/jokes and to anyone that quotes them. Please stay focused on the trial.

I know it is important to be able to show a little humor, but poking fun at the defendant or others isn't appropriate.

Two children died here, at their mother's hand.

Thanks,

Salem

Criteria*for*involuntary*exam*are*that*the*individual:*
o Appears*to*have**advertiser censored*mental*illness;*
o Presents***advertiser censored*danger*to*self*or*others;*and*
o Refuses*voluntary*exam*or*is*unable*to*understand*need*for*
exam*

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/samh/mentalhealth/docs/Baker Act Overview 2013.pdf

Your only held 7 days or less until your deemed stable by the Dr if your ordered longer its another 2 weeks. If a family member applies for a conservatorship while the loved one is in the hospital it keeps them in much longer around 60 days or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd