GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

Here is an article about decomp. If you are squeamish don't read it. It seems putrefecation occurs about 4 days after death as this will be when the odor is fairly extreme. Of course, it would have been sooner out in the open. But in general it gives you a good idea what happens.

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Rigor-Mortis-and-Other-Postmortem-Changes.html

Unknown variables in this case:
1) Body found in bathtub- was body exposed to water for a period of time?
2) Temperature of room.
3) Whether there were any wounds to the abdominal area. Intestinal bacteria spill from an abdominal wound can affect rate of decomp.

CP...maybe YOU could give me a good idea instead???!! For some reason I don't want to read it! Just tell me what appears true in this case...death on the 12th or 13th...or later? Thanks.

OK, IMO the death occurred around the 16th or very early the 17th. The odor was prevalent on the morning of the 21st. This takes into account that the air conditioning was on in the room and the windows and doors were closed preventing some insect activity. The bacteria/enzymes would still be advancing but the conditioned environment would slow it down by a day or so. This is taking into the picture that this process normally occurs at 4 days. So a day or so later wouldn't be that unusual.

What is going on with the dentists down there? I just saw the post about the murdered dentist from Charlotte. How far is Charlotte from Fort Bragg? Doubt there's any connection but it sure is weird.

This might have been brought up b4..if it has, my bad..

I noticed one of the things retrieved from the scene was a cig lighter...

makes me wonder, did the deceased smoke cigs?

if she did,(not saying she did) but if she did, wouldnt the le retrieve any cig butts from the ash tray for dna? or wouldnt le retrieve cig pack?

so this leads me to belive that the deceased doesnt smoke, mo, for if she did, surly le would have cig pack, cig butts, mo

now, if the deceased didnt smoke, why would she have a cig lighter?

i wouldnt imagine that there would be any candles in the room, as most hotels,motels wouldnt allow such ,jmo

so, could this cig lighter belong to the perp? who ever that may be? or does cig lighter belong to maid service? motel/hotel staff? mo, again,

im thinking out loud, if im not making sense, then so be it...

just wondered about the cig lighter...all this is in my head, not rumor, not fact, just me thinking aloud...

What is going on with the dentists down there? I just saw the post about the murdered dentist from Charlotte. How far is Charlotte from Fort Bragg? Doubt there's any connection but it sure is weird.

According to Mapquest, Charlotte to Ft. Bragg is 2hours and 45 minutes.

I've read and reread the letter and am beginning to think maybe the author had nothing to do with her death. Whoever wrote it says "the dead body" and there is nothing personal about the crime. Why not say something only known to the killer? Why not say "the dead girl"? Almost sounds like a sick grab for attention.

I've read and reread the letter and am beginning to think maybe the author had nothing to do with her death. Whoever wrote it says "the dead body" and there is nothing personal about the crime. Why not say something only known to the killer? Why not say "the dead girl"? Almost sounds like a sick grab for attention.

If that were the case how did the letter writer know that the same mark was found on the mirror written in lipstick? That detail wasn't announced until today.

Sorry if this was already posted...
Police search home of person who could be linked to murder...

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=297975

Thanks for the link as we haven't seen this until now. LE isn't
officially calling this a murder investigation but have a "suspect" and are treating this as a "homicide".

Haven't named the person or where the home is located.

I am glad they have a suspect..should be interesting if it is the baby's daddy or someone else who killed her perhaps in a rage...like a wife or girlfriend of the baby's daddy.

They say they took evidence from the house of the suspect..so that means they found some things they were looking for..like a typewriter, a certain type of paper and envelope, bloody clothing?

Also my bet is this person has been caught on some of the security cameras aroungd the hotel. It would be impossible to escape being caught on atleast one of them.

I agree DD. It sure is strange...the size of the lid they are able to keep on the search of a suspect's house. Perhaps they have known all along who the killer is but the fay~observer released that letter which is where most of the hoopla is coming from. In other words, perhaps le had such a huge lid to keep it low key so the suspect wouldn't run. If I were to hypothesize for a moment that could possibly be because the suspect has a passport and/or ability to be a real flight risk. It could possibly be an officer or soldier that was an inappropriate relationship situation per military policy (which can include but is not limited to fraternization with an officer or someone higher ranking in the chain of command.)

Do we have any idea who the suspect is yet? Nevermind...I watched the video. Wish we knew who the suspect was...would warrants be public record?

Found this on another site, going to go see if i can find anything on the names.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...-pregnant-soldier-found-dead-in-a-hotel-room/

Anibal Says:
June 28, 2008 at 4:46 am
This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma….her boyfreind name was Sgt Edgar Patino..He is station in Fort Brag. He is aslo marry to Heileen Patino. He was also station he in Bamberg, Germany. I spoke to her the day before she left and she told me that was his baby and she was seven months pregnant. He was a buddy of mind. We were both assigned to 54th Egineer Batallion.This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma.

Found this on another site, going to go see if i can find anything on the names.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...-pregnant-soldier-found-dead-in-a-hotel-room/

Anibal Says:
June 28, 2008 at 4:46 am
This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma….her boyfreind name was Sgt Edgar Patino..He is station in Fort Brag. He is aslo marry to Heileen Patino. He was also station he in Bamberg, Germany. I spoke to her the day before she left and she told me that was his baby and she was seven months pregnant. He was a buddy of mind. We were both assigned to 54th Egineer Batallion.This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma.

Great find. Now we will see if this pans out. Married lover/father of her child.

Thanks SuziQ, I was hoping he would cover this one.

What I'm having a hard time figuring out is why detectives are not calling this a murder investistigation, but they are treating it as a homicide. I didn't realize there was a difference. Could someone explain that to me?

LE investigates mosts suspicious deaths as a homicide (if they don't, they should) until foul play can be ruled out. However, in this case I'm pretty sure LE knows it's a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back