IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I want to point out that there seems to be some speculation that has turned into 'fact' over time.

The idea that JR said LS turned the corner and there's no way he could've seen that so he must be guilty or somehow being disingenuous assumes more than he couldn't have seen her turn the corner somehow. It assumes that is what he actually said. Isn't this just what it's been reported that he said by others? IOW- classic hearsay. And how possible is it that what he said and what that person repeated/reported is slightly different?

And further, unless he's just blatantly adamant that he saw her walk to the corner and turn, then how much of a stretch would it be to say he just misremembered exactly when she left his view leaving the apartment?

Of course I might've lost track myself of who said what... But based on what we've heard this isn't exactly smoking gun territory even if he did say it exactly as been said here.... let alone going by what other people have said he said...

I read the post, and I do not agree. People have asked, for example, "who is MB?" and a poster almost always will tell them who it is, soon after. If someone was confused, I would hope they would just ask for help understanding the "lingo" here, especially if they had an important tip. Better yet though, anyone with an important tip should be going to police, not posting it here.

I continue to come on here every single day, and I have since probably June 10th or so. I don't think anyone here would purposely try to confuse people, or throw off a jury, we all have one common goal. And that's to find LS (Lauren Spierer).

The problem with those scenarios is that would be plenty for the police to make an arrest and figure the rest out later. They'd have at least one guilty party on video caught red-handed. That would be plenty leverage for them to start writing a laundry list of charges and offering some leniency for cooperation.

So, I have a hard time believing the 2:51AM video shows anything of note. At best (as evidence) it might call into question LS' ability to be walking home 90 mins later or even be coherent but it's clearly not the smoking gun or else this case would be much further along. There may be some useful info on it that could impeach someone's future testimony. But that would assume someone is talking (or will talk) and clearly that's not the case right now.

Apparently, what's on the video isn't even bad enough to call into question MB's story because you'd think if she was not at least somewhat coherent in the video then that would put MB in a bad position with him saying she walked in his place, stayed for awhile, wanted to 'party' and left for JR's (assuming that is actually the statement he gave police).

Personally, I think this case is on the verge of going extremely cold. The landfill search, where they apparently found nothing, pretty much IMHO tells us LE has nothing. That appears to have been a hail Mary. Much of the speculation these days can't be accurate or else someone would already be in trouble. Things like the 2:51AM video showing 'something' nefarious... the alleged cell ping in Martinsville... These are things, that if they existed, the police could act upon. The only way I think there could be a cell ping in Martinsville that the police wouldn't act upon would be if that POI had already admitted to being in that area (or someone with their phone) and had a reason LE can't immediately discount. If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.

Is this case really going cold or is it being poorly served by an inept law enforcement unit that failed to use the resources (DEA, FBI, ATF) available to them when the evidence was fresh and now they find themselves in a hell of a quagmire. Unless the reach out and admit NOW, this is too big for them to handle, this case will go cold. None of the POIs should have been able to leave that town on June 3 and after without clearance by FBI/DEA and I mean a thorough search of apartments and cars - not to forget the MPOI Tweeting his mouth off as if to say "here I am, come get me."

The Spierers have been more than patient. I'll give LE some credit in that we, the public, don't know everything that is going on behind closed doors. We, as in the public, only see 10 POIs going about their lives as if June 2-3 never happened. That is what enrages me.

This is a college campus and a small town in the summer. This isn't Chicago, Indy, NY. When a police force is too small or inexperienced to handle this alleged homicide case, they resort to the coumy, state and federal law enforcement for assistance. In this case, the whole investigation should have been assisted from day one. The first 72 hours.

Is it me or does anyone else feel like the Spierers got a raw deal?

No one has found any connection between AA and anyone else in the case. I came up with "MPOI," and am quite sure it is not AA, and pretty sure it is DB.

So, thinking on this angle, has anyone heard if DB visited JR before/often? I remember HT saying that they (she and LS) spent a lot of time at JR's at some point. The question then was why they hadn't met CR before? Maybe another question is whether they had met DB?

Yet another article with info we haven't heard before. I am surprised to see it in The Daily Beast. I'm a subscriber so my version may be customized, not sure; but on my end LS is the first U.S. News article, even before Bill Clinton. This is an exclusive interview with CS by Evie Salomon, the IDS writer who posted the commentary the other day.

About the perp: “I don’t have a visual; I just wonder what this person’s doing with himself all day every day …"

About JW: “He is still close to us, and I feel bad that he’s suffering,” CS added.

"And despite Spierer’s disappearance, several persons of interest have been spotted at football tailgates and around campus drinking and partying. RS questioned how people involved in the case could so easily reengage themselves in normal life."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sappears-her-parents-exclusive-interview.html

Yet another article with info we haven't heard before. I am surprised to see it in The Daily Beast. I'm a subscriber so my version may be customized, not sure; but on my end LS is the first U.S. News article, even before Bill Clinton. This is an exclusive interview with CS by Evie Salomon, the IDS writer who posted the commentary the other day.

About the perp: “I don’t have a visual; I just wonder what this person’s doing with himself all day every day …"

About JW: “He is still close to us, and I feel bad that he’s suffering,” CS added.

"And despite Spierer’s disappearance, several persons of interest have been spotted at football tailgates and around campus drinking and partying. RS questioned how people involved in the case could so easily reengage themselves in normal life."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sappears-her-parents-exclusive-interview.html
Found it interesting that this article quotes CR lawyer saying CR had bruises on his face since we have an article in the journal news saying A friend said Rossman looked groggy but OK several hours afterward and was aware that Spierer was missing.Said he ran into Rossman at a CVS pharmacy the afternoon of June 3 and saw no redness or bruising on his face.Seams like their is someone to contradict every statement this lawyer makes.

And what of Jesse Wolff, Spierer’s boyfriend of two years. whose friends allegedly attacked Corey Rossman? By Charlene and Robert’s account, Wolff had a healthy relationship with their daughter, and both parents are supporting him.

“He spent many nights at our house and Lauren spent many nights at his house. They were very close,” Robert Spierer said.

“He is still close to us, and I feel bad that he’s suffering,” Charlene Spierer added.

This is probably worth quoting in full, since many of us have speculated about the seemingly tense relationship between JW and the Spierers and JW and Lauren's relationship. I'm glad to see their take on things.

My key takeaway from the article (aside from the JW stuff, which was obvious to me a long time ago): "There is nothing to prove that Spierer was high or drunk that night, but there is proof to support that she was hanging out with a fast crowd."

It should be noted that this is the author's statement, not the family's. And it may be incorrect: the video of her stumbling would seem to be to the contrary.

But it does suggest the possibility that, while there are people who have testified (in the colloquial sense at least) to the habits of the people involved, no one in a position to know (meaning none of the POIs) has been willing to talk about the drinking/drugs that were done that night. That suggests in turn that the POIs (to the extent they are knowledgeable) may regard this as the, or one, cause of death, and one for which they may be responsible.

Found it interesting that this article quotes CR lawyer saying CR had bruises on his face since we have an article in the journal news saying A friend said Rossman looked groggy but OK several hours afterward and was aware that Spierer was missing.Said he ran into Rossman at a CVS pharmacy the afternoon of June 3 and saw no redness or bruising on his face.Seams like their is someone to contradict every statement this lawyer makes.

I believe the article in question was the one that had an obviously incorrect date and might have meant to refer to June 4th (or 3rd, correct, but it said "4th"). Not that this necessarily makes a difference with regard to bruising.

I do not speak for anyone else obviousilly but I have to say from my own perspective I have almost completely stoped coming and reading this thread and this case all together now because of the use of just the initals and short form and internet lingo its made tchis ase way to confusing ...

Please don't feel discouraged about contributing to this discussion. If you're willing to spend the time and energy to help a cause, that type of dedication tends to pay off or make a difference in some small way. Here's a link (story dated 6/30) that should help to serve as 'cheat sheet' regarding individuals connected to this case: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto

it does suggest the possibility that, while there are people who have testified (in the colloquial sense at least) to the habits of the people involved, no one in a position to know (meaning none of the POIs) has been willing to talk about the drinking/drugs that were done that night. That suggests in turn that the POIs (to the extent they are knowledgeable) may regard this as the, or one, cause of death, and one for which they may be responsible.

I should add that if LS started "partying" before she left SW (an assumption, but one that I believe to be correct based on what I've read elsewhere), that group may include DR and perhaps HT, though I believe at least one person at SW has talked to non-LE sources on this topic, which suggests that they may have also talked to LE. Again, this could be a semantic issue or an error on the part of the author's.

Based on a photo in this video (made for the Spierer's and shown at the concert) I would say DR is in their good graces. It's a beautiful photo of DR and Lauren that IMO communicates friendship, love, trust, warmth, protection.

http://maloriejanasek.com/

This is not the "documentary" video shown at the opening of the concert.

Is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest that DB was at JR's that night? Not in Bloomington, but actually at JR's, Sports or with Lauren at any time? Or is the "MPOI" status still based on Chickjustin's facebook/ twitter sleuthing alone?

Is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest that DB was at JR's that night? Not in Bloomington, but actually at JR's, Sports or with Lauren at any time? Or is the "MPOI" status still based on Chickjustin's facebook/ twitter sleuthing alone?

None that I am aware of, but I *think* AE said he believes it (DB was JR's guest that night) based on a comment made by a poster on a different form.

My key takeaway from the article (aside from the JW stuff, which was obvious to me a long time ago): "There is nothing to prove that Spierer was high or drunk that night, but there is proof to support that she was hanging out with a fast crowd."

It should be noted that this is the author's statement, not the family's. And it may be incorrect: the video of her stumbling would seem to be to the contrary.

But it does suggest the possibility that, while there are people who have testified (in the colloquial sense at least) to the habits of the people involved, no one in a position to know (meaning none of the POIs) has been willing to talk about the drinking/drugs that were done that night. That suggests in turn that the POIs (to the extent they are knowledgeable) may regard this as the, or one, cause of death, and one for which they may be responsible.

Is it is necessary to prove Lauren was on drugs because someone likely gave her these drugs, she didn't obtain them on her own; therefore, someone is responsible and someone knows something, yes? Without evidence of drug use, there is no drug supplier, there is no criminal, no crime...no Lauren.

Based on a photo in this video (made for the Spierer's and shown at the concert) I would say DR is in their good graces. It's a beautiful photo of DR and Lauren that IMO communicates friendship, love, trust, warmth, protection.

http://maloriejanasek.com/

This is not the "documentary" video shown at the opening of the concert.

Thanks. I also see HT (repeatedly), JW (more than once), and an apparent buddy of DR's there as well. I should add that in the early interview, DR's demeanor suggested to me that he was a well-meaning dude truly concerned about finding LS.

None that I am aware of, but I *think* AE said he believes it (DB was JR's guest that night) based on a comment made by a poster on a different form.

I believe it based on their high school, fraternity, twitter, and close facebook connections, in combination with HT's statement that JR had a guest from home. I wasn't aware that CJ had produced any evidence other than the Btown tweet (not the twitter connection), if that's in fact the case.

In reply to questions regarding the use of initials versus names, in the opening post of each thread in this case is a link to "Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case". Included are Lauren's parents, friends who have spoken to media, and individuals LE has established were in Lauren's company the night she disappeared and/or their attorneys. The parties in that article can be referenced by name, but the use of initials is preferred out of respect for their privacy. If you put yourself in their shoes I'm sure you'll agree that is only fair. Each time a name is posted the chances of it turning up in a search are increased, and innocent parties should not be forever linked to a disappearance or crime of which they had no part. Individuals mentioned in blogs and other message boards who have not been established by LE as being involved in Lauren's case can be referenced here only by their initials. As always, please proceed with caution. The above is standard WS policy for all cases.

Each member has the responsibility to familiarize him/herself with the rules and policies of this site. To make it as easy as possible for the many new members following this case, a list of things to know about posting is in the OP. Links to TOS and Threadiquette are included, as well. If you're still in doubt, address your question to a mod in a pm. This ensures that your question will be answered in a timely manner. Posting questions about rules in the thread interrupts the flow of the discussion. Moderators have the option to remove these posts where they see fit. Please remember that if you reply to a post that is later removed, your post is subject to removal as well.

After a rocky start, Lauren's threads have been moving along smoothly lately. Thanks to all of you for doing a great job and for your dedication to bringing Lauren home. :tyou:

I believe it based on their high school, fraternity, twitter, and close facebook connections, in combination with HT's statement that JR had a guest from home. I wasn't aware that CJ had produced any evidence other than the Btown tweet (not the twitter connection), if that's in fact the case.

You believe that he was visiting JR, or that he was specifically around that night and involved? I'm just wondering because despite all of the rumors about this case, I have not heard anyone suggest that DB was actually there (with Lauren and JR) or seen any indication that he is on the radar of LE, the media, or really anything at all to suggest he is a POI.

You believe that he was visiting JR, or that he was specifically around that night and involved? I'm just wondering because despite all of the rumors about this case, I have not heard anyone suggest that DB was actually there (with Lauren and JR) or seen any indication that he is on the radar of LE, the media, or really anything at all to suggest he is a POI.

I believe that he was visiting JR that night, per HT's comment. He tweeted that he was still in Btown the next morning/afternoon.

LE has said that there are about 10 POI, and that there may be POI who were not known to LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie