Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

I've heard of serial monogamy, but serial bigamy???

:eek:

And then there's the AY marriage overlaid from 1998 to 2008???

Sooo-at what point should AB have contacted the Australian Consulate or Mom and said "Help-I've been flim-flammed, bamboozled, hoodwinked, deceived, double-crossed, betrayed, duped, tricked, misled and f'd over by this woman!! Get me and my daughter outta here!!":banghead:
And why didn't he?:furious:

Here is a question to ponder over. Not only did EB tell AB that AY was her brother, the entire family did. They also told their neighbors he was too. They guy lived across the street from them and was part of their lives. What was in it for everyone to fool AB into thinking AY was EB's brother?

Yep I have been pondering over that one even more so now we know even the neighbours thought AY was her brother. I just can't wrap my head around

1) Why they would want to live so close to each other and maintain such a close relationship? (AY & EB) And doesn't the timeline infer EB was chatting up AB on IMVU while still in a relationship with AY? Why on earth would you want to hang out with your ex and her new Aussie hubby and pretend to be siblings!?

2) Why everyone went along with it? (did AB come here with a large sum of money? , hence they were all partying on his dime?) IMO there had to be a good reason or something in it for everyone, to play along.

Okay so this is what I got from ancestry.com for EB's divorces...

North Carolina Divorce Index, 1958-2004
Marriage & Divorce

Name: EW******
Spouse: JW******
Marriage: Sept 14, 1985 - North Carolina
Divorce: Jan 29, 1986 - Caldwell, North Carolina

Name: EPr*****
Spouse: JDPr*****
Marriage: Sept 5, 1987- South Carolina
Divorce: Feb 6, 1992 - Burke, North Carolina

Name: EH*****
Spouse: AH*****
Marriage: Apr 7,1991 - South Carolina
Divorce: Dec 14,1995 - Lenoir, North Carolina

Name: EPu****
Spouse: DPu****
Marriage: 4 - South Carolina *
Divorce: Nov 22, 1999 - Cleveland, North Carolina

*note* This one is missing the marriage date in the records. It just has the number 4 listed. 1994? She is listed as Elisa Pu**** in other records (address and arrest) in 1995 so she would have been married to him at least since then.

These are from divorce records. Interesting to note there was no record of divorce for Elisa Allred. I suppose there is no guarantee that these are all actually her, these are just based on the aliases she was using during those time periods.

So if she was never divorced from Allred when married in 1997, then all marriages after that were null and void.

Okay so this is what I got from ancestry.com for EB's divorces...

North Carolina Divorce Index, 1958-2004
Marriage & Divorce

Name: EW******
Spouse: JW******
Marriage: Sept 14, 1985 - North Carolina
Divorce: Jan 29, 1986 - Caldwell, North Carolina

Name: EPr*****
Spouse: JDPr*****
Marriage: Sept 5, 1987- South Carolina
Divorce: Feb 6, 1992 - Burke, North Carolina

Name: EH*****
Spouse: AH*****
Marriage: Apr 7,1991 - South Carolina
Divorce: Dec 14,1995 - Lenoir, North Carolina

Name: EPu****
Spouse: DPu****
Marriage: 4 - South Carolina *
Divorce: Nov 22, 1999 - Cleveland, North Carolina

*note* This one is missing the marriage date in the records. It just has the number 4 listed. 1994? She is listed as Elisa Pu**** in other records (address and arrest) in 1995 so she would have been married to him at least since then.

These are from divorce records. Interesting to note there was no record of divorce for Elisa Allred. I suppose there is no guarantee that these are all actually her, these are just based on the aliases she was using during those time periods.

Okay, let me try to get this straight...she's been married 6 times, including AY and AB?!

And most of these marriages appears to have lasted less than 4 years, with the exception of her 10 year marriage to AY?

:waitasec:

Bringing over my post from the Criminal History & Aliased thread...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118937"]Criminal History & Aliases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Good stuff, Kamille - thanks!

Adding to this..

She married (1) A. Winkler in 1985 (Caldwell County) and the marriage was soon annulled. [Source]

(2) Harris, (3) Putnam, (4) Proctor , (5) Allred [1997]

(6) Young [marriage record? apparently there is a divorce record showing August 21, 1009 per J. Moxley 11/17]

(7) Baker [July 2008, per photos with marriage license in Australia]

(8) Damien [forthcoming] ? j/k :crazy:

Okay, let me try to get this straight...she's been married 6 times, including AY and AB?!

And most of these marriages appears to have lasted less than 4 years, with the exception of her 10 year marriage to AY?

And if these are all indeed her, she had 2 marriages going on at once at least one time and sure didn't follow the one year waiting period before divorce on others.

Would it not mean that AY and EB were living as husband and wife during her online chats with AB? Also that they (AY & EB) were living as husband and wife up until she left to Australia? Then EB and AB returning to say they(AY & EB) are brother and sister....This makes me think a whole bunch of things.

So was AY unaware of these other marriages? (IMO, um, NO.) I totally understand about not sleuthing peripheral figures--but what do we do with a ten year marriage that overarched several OTHER marriages, the final one of which began with the lie that AY was not a husband but a brother (EB must have run that story past not only AY but all the relatives who helped perpetuate the lie), and ended with the death of the "extra" husband's disabled child... :banghead:

Soup. Need soup.

All the below were in 1997???:banghead: Sorry if I am being a total ditz here but colored me way confused.

No, sorry.. use Kamille's post above for the dates.

I didn't have marriage dates for the ones in between '85 and '97 when I posted.

I cannot follow these dates and marriages any more...I'm so confused. I need to see actual marriage and divorce records now in order to get my mind wrapped around it all. lol

Would it not mean that AY and EB were living as husband and wife during her online chats with AB? Also that they (AY & EB) were living as husband and wife up until she left to Australia? Then EB and AB returning to say they(AY & EB) are brother and sister....This makes me think a whole bunch of things.
I have for a good while believed the EB & AY Dynamic was off the charts bizarre. **IMO**

My goodness this is crazy and confusing! I am on my second marriage and although I love my husband, if we ever split up, I can't EVER see myself getting married again. It would have to be someone incredibly extraordinary for me to even consider it.

So if she was never divorced from Allred when married in 1997, then all marriages after that were null and void.

Actually if the last two are correct she hasn't been "legally" married since JDPr***** in 1987. :crazy:

can someone explain ABC to me? For example

1st marriage=legal
2nd marriage=legal
3rd not sure or not legal

etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics