GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

As ridiculous as the motion to sequester Dr. Petit is, if I was Dr. Petit and or the prosecutor I would maybe consider consenting to it. This defense counsel is absolutlely shameless in the tactics he uses. The defense will be very inflamatory and likely very offensive to Dr. Petit. I could see the defense counsel intentionally trying to provoke Dr. Petit into an outburst to get a mistrial.

As ridiculous as the motion to sequester Dr. Petit is, if I was Dr. Petit and or the prosecutor I would maybe consider consenting to it. This defense counsel is absolutlely shameless in the tactics he uses. The defense will be very inflamatory and likely very offensive to Dr. Petit. I could see the defense counsel intentionally trying to provoke Dr. Petit into an outburst to get a mistrial.

I don't think the defence counsel is being disrepecrful, he is doing what he is sworn to do defending his client to the best of his ability

and this defence team has made it known that they will be challenging Dr Petit and his testimony, Komisarjevsky has already made known his contempt for Dr Petit in his letters he sent and in other statements, if Dr Petit chooses to sit in court throughout the trial he will hear things he would never wish to have to listen to, that is his right if the Judge waives the sequestration rule for Dr Petit

I don't think the defence counsel is being disrepecrful, he is doing what he is sworn to do defending his client to the best of his ability

and this defence team has made it known that they will be challenging Dr Petit and his testimony, Komisarjevsky has already made known his contempt for Dr Petit in his letters he sent and in other statements, if Dr Petit chooses to sit in court throughout the trial he will hear things he would never wish to have to listen to, that is his right if the Judge waives the sequestration rule for Dr Petit

I am hoping the judge does waive the sequestration rule for Dr. Petit. I also say many prayers for this man that he can keep the strength required to go through this again

I am hoping the judge does waive the sequestration rule for Dr. Petit. I also say many prayers for this man that he can keep the strength required to go through this again

I think he will, if he was allowed to sit through Hayes trial he should be allowed to sit theough this one,

Isnt this the same defense counsel that either was, or nearly was, held in contempt for his little "press conference" mid-way thru the Hayes trial?

Isnt this the same defense counsel that either was, or nearly was, held in contempt for his little "press conference" mid-way thru the Hayes trial?

the very same, they are staunch anti DP advocates and are doing all they can to try to ensure that he does not get the DP, if only all defendants got this level of advocasy,

all these motions and hearings are to ensure a long appelatte record as they must realsise they have a very high mountain to climb to not see him get the DP,

I dont consider violations of rules of professional conduct and violations of court orders to be admirable advocacy. His statements were very self serving and delivered in such a way that he knew would be available to potential jurors and could not be directly contradicted by opposing counsel.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/1c2ad19465c04fc69ceda4fefca94f73/CT--Home-Invasion/

Komisarjevsky wishes to make a statement in response to something Dr Petit has said about him, judge will make a ruling after looking at all facts

Komisarjevsky is determined to challenge Dr Petit at every turn, he has already called him a coward for not trying to protect his family, and said that Dr petits testimony about what happened is not truthful as far as he sees it,

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/1c2ad19465c04fc69ceda4fefca94f73/CT--Home-Invasion/

Komisarjevsky wishes to make a statement in response to something Dr Petit has said about him, judge will make a ruling after looking at all facts

Komisarjevsky is determined to challenge Dr Petit at every turn, he has already called him a coward for not trying to protect his family, and said that Dr petits testimony about what happened is not truthful as far as he sees it,

This is just awful. Komisarjevsky hasn't taken enough from him already and destroyed him enough - now he taunts him and wishes to make statements? This guy has no soul. I hope that Dr. Petit is being prepared as emotionally as one can prepare someone for this upcoming trial - it appears it will far more an ordeal than the last one - and for the life of me I don't know where he found the strength to get through that one. What an utterly despicable "human being" Komisarjevsky is.

I support the Petit family in whatever they want. This 's taunts are nothing compared to what has been done to that poor Petit family. This sub-human is angry that Dr. Petit survived. You see, he was supposed to die too. That makes him a 'coward' in this 's crazy mind. Let him taunt. It doesn't change a thing.

Death is too kind for those cowardly torturers.

I hope someday Dr. Petit will be able to have some peace in his life. He compared his ordeal to being a Holocaust survivor and that is probably a very apt description. The horror is beyond comprehension and the extermination of his family is as cruel and heartless as any that suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Maybe spending some time with those who lived through this same kind of horror could be helpful for him, I don't know. They would certainly understand his pain.

I disagree with the blogger/attorney. Hey Joshua, I don't much care what a crap childhood you had or what Ghandi said that might benefit you now. You agreed to dance with the devil and you are subject to the laws of the land and are subject to getting the book thrown at you because of the shear heinous nature of your actions. You want to speak? Get on the stand in your sorry defense. I guess you should not have picked on Mr. Petit's family huh? You knew the job was dangerous when you took it - now deal with it and our justice system which currently includes the death penalty. Actions = Consequences. I will look forward to your conviction.

I also disagree with the Pattis blogger. Dr. Petit has every right to want (and talk about) the death penalty for the monsters who murdered his family, whoever they may be.

IF J.K. happens to be legally guilty of that murder, then it will be proved in a courtroom and a jury will decide his fate.

Telling the victim of a crime they do not have the right to discuss their own case, their desires regarding the DP in general and specific to their case, their beliefs, etc, is simply wrong. Of course they have the right!

I would disagree with the Pattis blog. As an attorney myself, I find his areguments to be legally flimsy. The gag order is in place for the benefit of the defendant. But Dr. Pettit is a private citizen and is entitled to his first amendment rights. He was the victim of a horrible crime and has every right to discuss that crime however he sees fit. As an attorney, Pattis knows that the jury voir doir will select a jury that is capable of fairly deciding the case. That is what the law requires. It does not require that a jury panel have no knowledge whatsoever. Remember, Pattis is an anti death penalty activist. So his writings are not unbiased in anyway. He is an advocate, not a journalist. One benefit of this whole motion issue is that it makes it much less likely that JK could sucessfully argue that there was bias in the jury panel since he has now also had is own statement released.

I would disagree with the Pattis blog. As an attorney myself, I find his areguments to be legally flimsy. The gag order is in place for the benefit of the defendant. But Dr. Pettit is a private citizen and is entitled to his first amendment rights. He was the victim of a horrible crime and has every right to discuss that crime however he sees fit. As an attorney, Pattis knows that the jury voir doir will select a jury that is capable of fairly deciding the case. That is what the law requires. It does not require that a jury panel have no knowledge whatsoever. Remember, Pattis is an anti death penalty activist. So his writings are not unbiased in anyway. He is an advocate, not a journalist. One benefit of this whole motion issue is that it makes it much less likely that JK could sucessfully argue that there was bias in the jury panel since he has now also had is own statement released.

he hasn't had his statement released, the judge unsealed the motion requesting he be allowed to make a statement,

he hasn't had his statement released, the judge unsealed the motion requesting he be allowed to make a statement,

Komarsarjevski's statement is in the motion itself, which now back in the public record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back