**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me a bit confused, no music at all?
I've been reading this thread because I didn't watch the killvideo, I thought the New Order song was played while the murder took place and it could be heard in the background with a low volume almost like ambient sound. But besides this 'far away' distant True Faith track, there is another louder clean one mixed / overlayed on top of that ambient sounding one. Something like 2 audio channels in the edited video, the same song with different audio volume and a bit out of synch. This is what I understood from reading the graphic description of the video. (forgive me if this sounds confusing, I don't know how to explain but you get an idea!)

Anyway If they have a raw version of the video with absolute no music at all, only background sounds like stabbings, walking, dog bark, cough, sniffing, etc this means that Luka didn't play True Faith while he was killing and dismembering, right? So no loud music was played to distract the neighbours and disguise the killing sounds. All the music was added afterwards when the video was edited. Do I make sense? can any expert give me some insight here? sorry for being annoying! TIA

Yes, I believe they are referring to the loud overdubbed True Faith song for the first 5 1/2 mins. The ambience noise in the room would include all background noises including the distant True Faith song playing out of a speaker nearby. While it would be interesting to see the differences the 15 min video contains, its doubtful we as the public ever will.

This just made me wonder...what WOULD Magnotta have done if someone DID come to the door? Not answer I suppose? I lived in a large apartment building with an intercom system, but I still got randoms knocking on my door all the time.

A question: Was LM's clothing in the video visibly blood stained? (I haven't watched the video)

No, there didn't appear to be any blood stains at all on his clothes or hands, surprisingly. The clothing was dark and the room dimly lit, but still I saw nothing of the sort. It appears he may have used that black cloth to cover the throat area perhaps to contain the blood to the sheets/mattress of the bed. Because it normally could even hit the wall behind.
*GRAPHIC* Ordinarily, when you cut the jugular of the throat, blood will initially spurt out rapidly in no particular direction, and to the beat of your heart. This was seen in a scary incident in NHL Hockey several years ago, where a goalie for the Buffalo Sabres had his throat cut by a skate of an opposing player. Blood POURED out in a matter of seconds, it was horrifying.
(Good news, yes, he survived thanks to the quick thinking of the teams trainer who applied pressure to the area to stop the bleeding) .

*GRAPHIC* Ordinarily, when you cut the jugular of the throat, blood will initially spurt out rapidly in no particular direction, and to the beat of your heart.
<rsbm>

That's why i think Lin Jun was dead beforehand ... there would be no blood spatter due to lack of blood pressure.

I just had a thought. What if Luka didn't kill JL? What if he paid someone else to do the difficult part and he took it from there for obvious reasons of noteriety and infamy? That would certainly explain the early portion of the video in question by so many, where he may be pretending to be the live JL. It would explain the small amount of blood everywhere, if he was killed elsewhere and delivered at least mostly drained. Just putting out an alternate theory. It makes about as much sense as any other regarding this crime!

I just had a thought. What if Luka didn't kill JL? What if he paid someone else to do the difficult part and he took it from there for obvious reasons of noteriety and infamy? That would certainly explain the early portion of the video in question by so many, where he may be pretending to be the live JL. It would explain the small amount of blood everywhere, if he was liked elsewhere and delivered at least mostly drained. Just putting out an alternate theory. It makes about as much sense as any other regarding this crime!

I've had that thought aswell ( in the early moments of this case) since there was so bloodspatter on the walls and such. But it isn't really practical or logic ( well if there is any logic in this case :banghead: ) dragging or carrying a corpse to the second floor. But on the other hand... there is no substantial evidence ( cctv ) that JL has entered the building, as in walking. Or did i miss something??

I just had a thought. What if Luka didn't kill JL? What if he paid someone else to do the difficult part and he took it from there for obvious reasons of noteriety and infamy? That would certainly explain the early portion of the video in question by so many, where he may be pretending to be the live JL. It would explain the small amount of blood everywhere, if he was liked elsewhere and delivered at least mostly drained. Just putting out an alternate theory. It makes about as much sense as any other regarding this crime!

Wait, I'm confused. *who* was pretending to be "the live JL" ?

No, there didn't appear to be any blood stains at all on his clothes or hands, surprisingly. The clothing was dark and the room dimly lit, but still I saw nothing of the sort. It appears he may have used that black cloth to cover the throat area perhaps to contain the blood to the sheets/mattress of the bed. Because it normally could even hit the wall behind.
*GRAPHIC* Ordinarily, when you cut the jugular of the throat, blood will initially spurt out rapidly in no particular direction, and to the beat of your heart. This was seen in a scary incident in NHL Hockey several years ago, where a goalie for the Buffalo Sabres had his throat cut by a skate of an opposing player. Blood POURED out in a matter of seconds, it was horrifying.
(Good news, yes, he survived thanks to the quick thinking of the teams trainer who applied pressure to the area to stop the bleeding) .

Keep in mind the timeline. The full deed likely took at least a full night to complete. The video is under 10 minutes, so it is clearly not an accurate representation of everything that LRM did.

This is likely LRM's first murder. In the video, he looks calm and cool, but in reality, pulling the thing off was likely a lot harder work and full of drudgery, like dragging body here and there. I believe he used the angle grinder and quickly cut JL's throat, and that it was messy. Things may have happened that LRM did not expect. Same with the dismemberment. It was probably very difficult. Harder than he expected. He would not looked like a calm and cool professional.

He's a small guy, probably very physically weak. He would have struggled with a lot of the physical aspects of the crime. It would not have made for good TV. He would have looked weak. LRM would hate that. The video was for show.

Wait, I'm confused. *who* was pretending to be "the live JL" ?
There's that post on YouTube that implies that Luka is the person squirming on the bed at the beginning of the video, based on toe length (LOL) and a few other observations.

I've had that thought aswell ( in the early moments of this case) since there was so bloodspatter on the walls and such. But it isn't really practical or logic ( well if there is any logic in this case :banghead: ) dragging or carrying a corpse to the second floor. But on the other hand... there is no substantial evidence ( cctv ) that JL has entered the building, as in walking. Or did i miss something??
Who knows, but the couldn't uphold a murder charge if that were the case.

There's that post on YouTube that implies that Luka is the person squirming on the bed at the beginning of the video, based on toe length (LOL) and a few other observations.

haha. yes, I know the video. The one mrs hunt posted. I couldn't even tell what point the video maker was trying to make about the toes. It like pointed to some toes in the video and then toes somewhere else. And I was like: WTF are you trying to say?

I thought the video was entirely unconvincing. In fact, I was actually more convinced that it was Jun Lin in the kill video moreso after that video, as the comparisons really showed certain details. In the kill video, the person hooded and laying down had a wide nose that sort of hooked down, much like JL, and not at all like LRM, who has a very pointy and snooty up turned nose.

Also, the point the video tried to make about JL's pectoral muscles is entirely misleading, because when someone is laying on their back with arms spread out, your pectoral muscles are stretched, so they are obviously not going to look the way they are when standing.

haha. yes, I know the video. The one mrs hunt posted. I couldn't even tell what point the video maker was trying to make about the toes. It like pointed to some toes in the video and then toes somewhere else. And I was like: WTF are you trying to say?

I thought the video was entirely unconvincing. In fact, I was actually more convinced that it was Jun Lin in the kill video moreso after that video, as the comparisons really showed certain details. In the kill video, the person hooded and laying down had a wide nose that sort of hooked down, much like JL, and not at all like LRM, who has a very pointy and snooty up turned nose.

Also, the point the video tried to make about JL's pectoral muscles is entirely misleading, because when someone is laying on their back with arms spread out, your pectoral muscles are stretched, so they are obviously not going to look the way they are when standing.
Oh, I thought their argument was a crock, as well.

Hi y'all... been busy on Brittney Wood's disappearance and as I was cleaning up my desktop I noticed I never posted the attached.

It is another vein comparison that I made of his left hand from the killvid & a known photo of LRM (sitting on the floor leaning on the brown leather couch with the white towel around his neck).

Here is a link for those who have not read about it previously:

Vein matching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intriguing stuff....thanks for posting

I don't believe it had anything to do with toe lenght, lol. He has a growth on his large toe, like a wart, can't remember which foot. I believe that is what they were trying to convey in the comparrison

Don't know where to ask this, but could someone please direct me to the pic that LRM had on one of his sites ... it was a "sensitive looking", blonde boy (teen perhaps) wearing a santa hat. Thanks :)

I don't recall anyone in the Santa hat except LM, and he had dark hair during the kitten killer videos. LM had some blonde pictures, but I don't recall any with a Santa hat?? Was the picture supposed to be of LM, or of someone else? I honestly, haven't seen very much of anything by LM, EXCEPT pictures of LM. The pictures of him in hot tubs with cool people, etc... were all photo shopped. He was, is, and always will be a loser.

Absolutely agree with what you wrote above thedissent.

What fascinated me about said video (and a number of other perspectives offered by other YouTube videos analyzing the snuff film) is the forensic analysis being done by so many people and the infinite number of theories and conclusions shared through their "analysis".

Hopefully both sides take note of all of this prior to arguing their side before the Crown.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Absolutely agree with what you wrote above thedissent.

What fascinated me about said video (and a number of other perspectives offered by other YouTube videos analyzing the snuff film) is the forensic analysis being done by so many people and the infinite number of theories and conclusions shared through their "analysis".

Hopefully both sides take note of all of this prior to arguing their side before the Crown.

Welcome back, HC.

not sure if this has been talked about before,but it is driving me crazy why Luka had that particular poster in his apt.{thats not a poster/movie than kids his age are into,the movie is fairly obscure to most 29 year olds}
I've looked at youtube video of music about casablanca,thought about the casablanca modeling school chain ..and then I found there is a casablanca hotel in NYC just 8 blocks from where Luka took his photo outside the subway station near Penn station ..
could the poster have been bought at that hotel? or could that be a message to someone he had traveled to that hotel with??
..his moms favorite movie?
he was killing more than kittens and Jun Lin in that senario ...what is the casablanca connection
I think that this image is as significant as the writing in the closet/or the true faith music IF not more...he didn't have that hanging there for the pretty colors

btw that photographer who photographed him in NYC was Nicholas Monaco

not sure if this has been talked about before,but it is driving me crazy why Luka had that particular poster in his apt.{thats not a poster/movie than kids his age are into,the movie is fairly obscure to most 29 year olds}
I've looked at youtube video of music about casablanca,thought about the casablanca modeling school chain ..and then I found there is a casablanca hotel in NYC just 8 blocks from where Luka took his photo outside the subway station near Penn station ..
could the poster have been bought at that hotel? or could that be a message to someone he had traveled to that hotel with??
he was killing more than kittens and Jun Lin in that senario ...what is the casablanca connection
I think that this image is as significant as the writing in the closet/or the true faith music IF not more...he didn't have that hanging there for the pretty colors

At the very least, it was clearly focused on because he KNEW he had photos of him posing with it in the past, and it was clearly shown in the 'promo pic' for the video with the purple hoodie.

As to the history behind his choice of that poster for the wall , that's been tossed around here and there with varying opinions.

Attachments

• LukaMagnotta159.jpg
    LukaMagnotta159.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 57
He watched a lot of movies with his mother and it seems like she is of the age bracket that would appreciate that film. Also, there was a serial killer with the last name Casablanca. It also might be a hint to someone he has felt vindictive toward for some time; maybe it's a reference that only someone close to him would understand.

btw that photographer who photographed him in NYC was Nicholas Monaco

Welcome back, HC.

Thanks. Kind of a busy week at the office and the weather has been so nice in the Chi that I've been reading advantage of it... Definitely most enjoyable.

While the news of the Ron Jeremy failed 2011 sting operation was interesting, it's nice to know Magnotta had sense enough not to go meet with the Mario Brothers look-a-like.... guess Luka and his hot pink camera didn't believe his own hype and knew a C list celebrity wouldn't know who he was... Well that and Jeremy backed out.

Back to the important topic, I'm curious to learn everyone's educated opinion, based on both their own and our collective investigation, about: How Lin Jun and Magnotta met.
- Is there any evidence the two knew each other prior to the night of the filming? If so, what is the evidence?

- If no evidence of prior interactions, might the victim have responded to the Craigslist film project ad previously noted? Did the victim have an interest in the film industry that would make this plausible?

- What was Magnotta's "type" (age range, preferred races, build)?

- Did the victim and the accused share any similar sexual interests?

In my opinion the more facts we can uncover to answer the above questions, the easier it will be to most accurately answer the many questions about the video and the crime itself.

Looking forward to reading all of the educated theories built on facts you all may care to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members