TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought jealousy too but taking all three people at once seems unusual.

I wonder if they still have the letter that was mailed or the envelope in particular. If the stamp on it was the licking kind maybe they could DNA test it?

Another possible clue from the letter. It says "sic" which is substitute in correction after "Sear's" on the letter's description:
I take it the author could not spell Sear's correctly. Most people can spell that one, I wonder if it was someone who always spelled it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came across some info pertaining to this case...

As reported in the Galveston Daily News, March 28 1981, Brazoria County sheriff's dep't investigators, along with Ft. Worth police, were searching a swamp near the town of Alvin for human remains. In 1976, an oil rig worker discovered two skulls and a jaw in the area. But, due to what was termed a "bad search", nothing else was recovered at the time. Due to the election of a new sheriff, several cases were being given a second look. LE believed that the skulls may have had something to do with the disappearance of Trlica, Wilson, and Mosely.

During the search on the 28th, human teeth, vertebrae, two pair of girls' pants and a high school drama book were recovered. The remains were sent to the coroner for dental comparison.

On April 5th, 1981, it was reported that the remains belonged to two girls who had disappeared in 1974 from nearby Dickinson, Texas. Georgia Geer, 14, and Brooks Bracewell, 12, had disappeared without a trace in September while on their way to their school bus stop.

The articles then went on to discuss the possibility that 40 other girls had gone missing and been murdered in the area of Brazoria County and the surrounding counties. By the mid-70's, the bodies of 21 girls who had been reported missing in 1971 and 1972 had been found. In 1974 and 1975, an additional 17 were reported missing. Police had developed a (unnamed) suspect in 1971, who was subsequently killed by police in 1972.

The "official" LE story was that there was nothing substantial to link the cases. Unofficially, detectives were reported to say that there had to be something to it...The girls ranged in age from 12 to 21, most being 14 or 15. Almost all shared the same general physical features; thin builds, long, straight light to medium brown hair parted in the middle.
Almost all were found in or very close to water.

Other articles, dated as late as 2002, compiled missing/recovered/unidentifed victim reports from the area. One report stated that since 1971, 21 girls and women had gone missing along the I-45 corridor through the area, and the LE had recovered the remains of 14. This number includes those found in the Calder Rd "killing field", as discussed in another thread here.

40 girls missing or murdered around one county in a five year period ...and LE sees nothing substantial linking the cases.
What utter idiocy.
I cant imagine how this became a twenty odd year old cold case.:furious:

Alvin and Ft Worth are almost 300 miles apart
True...And yet the Ft Worth PD felt there was enough of a possiblity that all the disappearances were related that they sent their officers to Alvin to assist in the search.

Teen agers running away don't take a nine year old along. They don't leave their running car behind, and they dont spend their available cash on Christmas gifts to leave locked in the trunk of the car they aren't taking. It doesn't make sense.

Bumping.

I wonder if Tommy still has the letter and original envelope. If the envelope was sealed then most likely whoever sent the letter licked the envelope glue to seal it. There is the remote possibility their DNA is still there.

Bumping.

I wonder if Tommy still has the letter and original envelope. If the envelope was sealed then most likely whoever sent the letter licked the envelope glue to seal it. There is the remote possibility their DNA is still there.

I was thinking the same thing -- it stated the envelope was sealed on the wedsite.

I was thinking, if they are mentioning in this letter that the car is on the upper deck - why would they go anywhere in a car with someone they actually knew??? Wouldn't they just meet them at a mall if it was a casual get together???? The only possibility I can think of is someone they knew came to the mall, claimed an emergency at home and was luring them into a trap. Other than that, maybe they were abducted outside their car on the way out of the mall -- otherwise, it would be strange to get three girls outside of the mall.

Does anyone else find it extremely frusturating that there's not more information/reading on this case? Missingtrio.com is a good read, but that's about all I've ever been able to find.

Check these out and tell me what you all think:::

Does she look a LOT like Rachel Trlica

You know something, if the teenagers were planning on running away and the little girl went with them, perhaps they sent the 9 year old home with someone they knew and trusted, and than she never made it there? Like maybe the person they sent her home with was some sicko who tried something and went too far?

Here is the profile of the girl and photos. I will post the profile.

Unidentified White Female

Discovered on December 10, 1988 in Atlantic Highlands, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The victim was estimated to have been buried at the location for over 10 years.
The victim was estimated to have died sometime around 1970 - 1975

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'4"; 100 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color are both undetermined.
Dentals: Available. Decedant had signifigant tooth decay. Gap in the upper central incisors.
Clothing: She was wearing a long-sleeved gray and red nylon laced top; a white bra; brown leather platform sandals, size 6 1/2 with a 2 1/2 inch-high heel; and knee-high white acrylic socks. Items found near her body included a portion of one pink rubber thong-style sandal; and a leather-like shoe or small boot with a picture of a football scene on the side, stitched in red and white.
DNA: Available in Codis

Case History
This victim was discovered off lower Bayside Drive in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey as a parcel of land was cleared along Sandy Hook Bay.

I think they look alot alike. She has a distinct mouth and so does the doe.

Hi Laura_Bean - there are similarities between the picture of Rachel and the drawing of the UF but here's what snagged me... in info for Rachel it mentions a chipped upper front tooth that is not mentioned in the UF's dental description. I do think you hit a good find tho because the time frame this NJ woman would have been from kind of fits. (the description of her platform shoes threw me back to the 70's instantly.) NJ is a long way from TX tho but that's a logical thought and logic often does have a place when chaos is ruling, huh.

For future readers, here's a direct link to the UFNJ case page: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html

ETA: It just dawned on me, thinking of the clothing/shoe description for the NJ case, I don't recall reading any descriptions anywhere (here or missingtrio.com) with regard to what any of the three Fort Worth girls were wearing (clothes/shoes or jewelry). Have I missed that?

sorry the file I gave you will not bring it up. So let's do it this way. Go to the link I gave for the doe network. Than go to index to unidentified victims. Once it comes up, go to unidentified victims chronological index. Scroll down by years and find 1988, (this year is NOT when the person died, but rather when a body was found). Go down to Jane Doe's. Click on 20UFNJ from there.

Here is the profile of the girl and photos. I will post the profile.

Unidentified White Female

Discovered on December 10, 1988 in Atlantic Highlands, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The victim was estimated to have been buried at the location for over 10 years.
The victim was estimated to have died sometime around 1970 - 1975

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'4"; 100 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color are both undetermined.
Dentals: Available. Decedant had signifigant tooth decay. Gap in the upper central incisors.
Clothing: She was wearing a long-sleeved gray and red nylon laced top; a white bra; brown leather platform sandals, size 6 1/2 with a 2 1/2 inch-high heel; and knee-high white acrylic socks. Items found near her body included a portion of one pink rubber thong-style sandal; and a leather-like shoe or small boot with a picture of a football scene on the side, stitched in red and white.
DNA: Available in Codis

Case History
This victim was discovered off lower Bayside Drive in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey as a parcel of land was cleared along Sandy Hook Bay.

The thing is, one says she had a chip in a front tooth. In the other it says a gap in the incisors, which could either mean a missing tooth, OR a partial tooth. So it could fit. I find those two interesting.

oh and only one child's parents knew what she was wearing, and it wasn't rachel's. It was the other older girl whose parents knew exactly, and the youngest girl's parents weren't sure either. So, one way to do this would be to call the parents and ask if Rachel owned these clothes if she had worn them in the past, etc. Just a thought.

Also, the other older girl was wearing red and white leather sneakers. Found near this girl was a "Leather like shoe or boot with a picture of a football scene in red and white". Interesting, very interesting...

Oh you're right Laura, there was a bit of a description at doenetwork on Lisa Renee Wilson's clothing. She may also have been wearing that sweet little promise ring given to her that morning by Julie Ann's brother Terry (as per missingtrio.com). <modsnip: broken link>

Bump. Thirty-four years now. Hope someone solves this before everyone has passed on.

It has been that long? I had thought by now one of them would have contacted a family member.

This cases always confound me. How does this happen? I always hope there will be a break in this one, and these families find out what happened to these girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee