UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment left with that item saying the 5-year-old said, "Daddy left mommy in the woods.". I thought something about "mommy lost in the woods" was leaked before. I'll bet he doesn't want the 5-year-old blurting out something to the Coxes. He could say that at any time during play, even if the Coxes and Josh agree that discussing missing mom is verboten during visits.

5-year-olds are pretty observant -- they may not understand what is happening, but especially in some unusual circumstance, like parents fighting, mom vomiting or bleeding, I would think he could remember very well the sequence of events. I hope they got some details from the child in that interview like whether it was near a road, in the snow, how deep was snow, etc.

Also it seems like that sort of comment, plus Josh's behavior and Susan's recorded fears about her safety should be taken to a Grand Jury to get an indictment before Josh has a chance to run or lose this witness in the woods.

I agree with Fran that the kids must have heard what was going on and with you, RayO, that the older one can proabably express what he saw in a coherent manner.

So, for that reason, if I were Josh, there is no way in h@ll I would let the kids anywhere near Susan's parents.

It's all very tragic...

Newbie here, but I have been following this case from the start. I live one neighborhood up from SP so this hits close to home for us.

The MLK Jr. Holiday was a nice day here in Puyallup which meant our community park (right outside Country Hollow where SP resides) was quite busy. Josh was there with his Dad and the boys around lunch time. I was surprised that they used their names often in the park. SP went to call JP, by name, but stopped after "Jo.." and just said "hey.." ~ as if to not let on that it was them. The boys seemed happy and didn't ask for their mother despite so many other children there with their mothers. It was heartbreaking to see these children in the hands of the man who I believe killed their mother.

In my brief observation, Charlie definitely struck me as a "younger" 4 turning 5 year old (I have a 3 and almost 6 year old myself for comparison). I wonder just how verbal and articulate he could be about the occurrences around the time of Susan's disappearance.

Newbie here, but I have been following this case from the start. I live one neighborhood up from SP so this hits close to home for us.

The MLK Jr. Holiday was a nice day here in Puyallup which meant our community park (right outside Country Hollow where SP resides) was quite busy. Josh was there with his Dad and the boys around lunch time. I was surprised that they used their names often in the park. SP went to call JP, by name, but stopped after "Jo.." and just said "hey.." ~ as if to not let on that it was them. The boys seemed happy and didn't ask for their mother despite so many other children there with their mothers. It was heartbreaking to see these children in the hands of the man who I believe killed their mother.

In my brief observation, Charlie definitely struck me as a "younger" 4 turning 5 year old (I have a 3 and almost 6 year old myself for comparison). I wonder just how verbal and articulate he could be about the occurrences around the time of Susan's disappearance.

WELCOME armywife!;) So, perhaps we are giving the older child more credit than he deserves as far as talking goes? That could be - children can vary widely in their abilities at that age. I just know that my son would have been very observant and conversational at that age...

Is SP's neighborhood really a gated community? I looked at it on Google Earth and it looked to me like there was only one gate on one street but that there were other entrances into the neighborhood.

Glad to have you onboard armywife! Can LE freely access the neighborhood?
Keep your eyes peeled

You wouldn't think he would go out the front door with her since the car alarm already drew attention. Did she get partway out of the house bleeding? Did he track blood out the front door for some reason? Did he maybe go outside to dump the carpet cleaner dirty water container?

I've had this horrible thought ever since hearing the alarm was going off for about 2 min. That's a long time... Doesn't it take about 2 min to strangle someone??? I know it's a horrible thought but that was my initial thought. That would have been one way to get her to drop the keys and stop the alarm...

I've had this horrible thought ever since hearing the alarm was going off for about 2 min. That's a long time... Doesn't it take about 2 min to strangle someone??? I know it's a horrible thought but that was my initial thought. That would have been one way to get her to drop the keys and stop the alarm...

Strangling comes to my mind, too. But then, how does the wet spot fit in?

Talking like this is difficult knowing Susan's family and friends are also on this board. Very difficult, indeed...

WELCOME armywife!;) So, perhaps we are giving the older child more credit than he deserves as far as talking goes? That could be - children can vary widely in their abilities at that age. I just know that my son would have been very observant and conversational at that age...

Is SP's neighborhood really a gated community? I looked at it on Google Earth and it looked to me like there was only one gate on one street but that there were other entrances into the neighborhood.

My time near him was brief, but he didn't seem as mature as my son was at that age, but it was also a time for running around and play.

It is gated. I haven't explored it much (because of that), but I do believe there are only 2 roads that lead in: Silver Creek Ave E which is where the park is (and there is a gate) and then Country Hollow Drive E by way of Gem Heights Drive which I believe also has a gate.

Glad to have you onboard armywife! Can LE freely access the neighborhood?
Keep your eyes peeled

I would imagine that LE has access codes to the gated communities. There are also several ways you can walk right if you you wanted to. I have always thought "gated" was mentioned so that it was known media could not be camping out in there. I'm sure they could slip in with a resident easily enough and clearly they have gotten in on some occasions.

The notion of Josh strangling Susan doesn't fit for me, but I have never met the man, either. Just from watching him in the videos, I think he's more likely to make a mistake or do something accidentally-on-purpose. It still seems very strange that they were operating under such a pretense of all-is-fine throughout the day. I know I couldn't do that. That also makes things appear to be premeditated to me, and then precipitated by a final added ingredient contributing to the rage.

The notion of Josh strangling Susan doesn't fit for me, but I have never met the man, either. Just from watching him in the videos, I think he's more likely to make a mistake or do something accidentally-on-purpose. It still seems very strange that they were operating under such a pretense of all-is-fine throughout the day. I know I couldn't do that. That also makes things appear to be premeditated to me, and then precipitated by a final added ingredient contributing to the rage.

Many women in D.V. situations will act as if everything is fine. There is a shame attached to it. A woman will pick up on facial expressions from her spouse, if he thinks she said or did the wrong thing . Often , they start to isolate themselves because it just isn't worth what they go through, after company leaves. Hence the expression,walking on eggshells.A good friend of mine went through this. I did not realize it until one evening, when I went to visit unexpectedly. It still took months before she finally told me what was happening. She is out of the situation now, however, I would have been the one to say they seemed happy. I am still wondering if Susan said she was tired so her guest would leave. Perhaps she sensed something was wrong.

Susan Powell's parents keep hope aliveBy Pat Reavy

Deseret News

Published: Monday, Feb. 1, 2010 10:02 p.m. MST

PUYALLUP, Wash. — Susan Powell should be ordering garden seeds with her friend Shelby Gifford.

She should be sharing a funny story with her mother. "I would always hear her giggle, and I miss that," Judy Cox said.

Most of all, the missing West Valley woman should be with her two boys, 5-year-old Charlie and 3-year-old Braden.

"Those boys need her. She's a great mom, and those boys need her," said Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father.

But it has been nearly two months now since anyone has seen Powell.

The Cox family had planned to hold a press conference Monday in Washington but postponed it at the last minute.

"For an investigative reason, we've been told to hold off," said Powell's friend and family spokeswoman Gifford.

Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700006396/Susan-Powells-parents-keep-hope-alive.html

Excerpt from the article Susan Powell's parents keep hope alive in the Deseret News:

The Cox family had planned to hold a press conference Monday in Washington but postponed it at the last minute.

"For an investigative reason, we've been told to hold off," said Powell's friend and family spokeswoman Gifford.

Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

The Coxes say they have strong faith in the investigation being conducted by the West Valley Police Department and that "if there's a rock, they've uncovered it."

Susan Powell's parents keep hope aliveBy Pat Reavy

Deseret News

Published: Monday, Feb. 1, 2010 10:02 p.m. MST

PUYALLUP, Wash. — Susan Powell should be ordering garden seeds with her friend Shelby Gifford.

She should be sharing a funny story with her mother. "I would always hear her giggle, and I miss that," Judy Cox said.

Most of all, the missing West Valley woman should be with her two boys, 5-year-old Charlie and 3-year-old Braden.

"Those boys need her. She's a great mom, and those boys need her," said Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father.

But it has been nearly two months now since anyone has seen Powell.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700006396/Susan-Powells-parents-keep-hope-alive.html

You beat me to it by 1 minute... :) Great minds think alike.

Here is that ray of sunshine .....

091210_susan_powell.jpg

Excerpt from the article Susan Powell's parents keep hope alive in the Deseret News:

The Coxes say they have strong faith in the investigation being conducted by the West Valley Police Department and that "if there's a rock, they've uncovered it."

I bet news like that is making it hard for Joshy to hang drywall in that basement.

One of JP'a friends posts on fb, and this guy proudly proclaims how sought after he is in the news media..interviews, etc. His latest brag is that a detective called him and summoned him to a meeting at the WVPD Monday morning at 9 am. Hmmm....

Dr. Fessel, I hope LE puts a little light runnin wedge between Joshy and his drywall hangin

One of JP'a friends posts on fb, and this guy proudly proclaims how sought after he is in the news media..interviews, etc. His latest brag is that a detective called him and summoned him to a meeting at the WVPD Monday morning at 9 am. Hmmm....
That is interesting. I bet they just want to document what Josh told him about his married life and stuff. Always good to be able to prove a person a liar in court.

Strangling comes to my mind, too. But then, how does the wet spot fit in?

Talking like this is difficult knowing Susan's family and friends are also on this board. Very difficult, indeed...

Bold mine.

I've been following this since the beginning, just haven't posted here until now. Don't we lose control of our bowels and urine when we die? Thinking that might be the source of the "wet spot."

I wish I knew how to quote multiple posts, but I don't, so I'm just going to respond to posts I've got something to say about. :blushing:

First of all, from the neighbor interview that heard the car alarm that night: He said it was in the closed garage, the lights were out in the house, and it was at 11:45 p.m. That's 45 minutes later than we'd heard about previously.

In that same news clip, Josh said he left about midnight!

About the wet spot and a possible strangling, etc...........I hate to say this here because Susan's friends are reading here. I'll just make this quick and not go into too much detail................I have a friend who's husband attempted to kill her by strangulation. While he was strangling her, he was biting her all over the face, trying to block any airway, ie mouth, nose, ............there was BLOOD! ie............possible reason for the wet spot.

About the Cox article, what is MOST interesting to me is the quote about an upcoming news interview by the family............Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

Somthing is up!

Keep the faith! LE is working hard on this and I believe it will be solved. To anyone that's been around WS very long, we've had some long-time unsolved cases, of wife murders and disappearances, that have recently come to a point that the perp (husband) has been arrested. Recently out of NC, there's Scott Morris after a year, Jason Young after 3 years, and just yesterday there was Raven Abaora after 5 years!

There is hope for justice for Susan. I'm starting to believe we MAY not have long to wait. At least from what I've been seeing in the news lately.

JMHO
fran

Lets hope this will end it and put JP where he belongs! Do we know when the press conference is? I don't want to miss this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288