UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the same page as you diphi with regard to the car alarm. There is SOME significance to it and I too feel it VERY IMPORTANT in the scheme of what MAY have happened that night. :confused:

The alarm went off for TWO FULL MINUTES, 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours, AFTER Josh was seen pulling into the garage and 1 1/2 hours BEFORE Josh alleges to have left the home with the boys.

:waitasec::waitasec:

Josh fixed dinner that night (ehhh, day, he was fixing it when JoVanna and Susan and the boys came home from church but took an UNUSUALLY long period of time to fix eggs and pancakes) Eat at 4:00p.m.

Friends say it was UNUSUAL for Josh to cook.

Susan suddenly gets sleepy right after eating and goes to lay down, leaving her friend doing the task she, Susan had requested her help with.

Josh tells friend he's leaving with the kids so friend leaves too with project Susan asked her to help with. JoVanna offers to bring the project back later that evening when she was done and Josh declines her offer (on Susan's behalf?) saying Susan won't need it until she has another day off.

Wet spot on the carpet and leaves two fans to dry.

Alarm going off on car in garage for TWO MINUTES at 11:00p.m. That's 1 1/2 hours before Josh claims he left the home.

Josh leaves camping with boys in sub-freezing weather at 12:30a.m., leaving his wife at home, camping and cooking smores with a weather system moving in.

Wife disappears without a trace.

After two short interviews with LE, Josh refuses to meet with LE.

Josh REFUSES LE request that he go back out to where he went camping so LE can check it out.

Josh won't talk about his 'missing without a trace' wife with any friends and family and media and LE.

Josh leaves the state 2 weeks after his wife went 'missing without a trace.'

Josh returns to home and empties it of all contents ONE MONTH after his wife went 'missing without a trace.'

Josh RUNS from the press.

Josh RUNS from LE..............oh, yeah, we know you do Josh!

Josh claimed he went camping on that Sunday night when he was SUPPOSED to go to work the next day, because he CLAIMED he forgot it was Sunday because he didn't go to church. But.............Susan and the boys went and they came home with Susan's friend AFTER church and the meal Josh fixed was SUPPOSED to be BRUNCH (after church).

Josh contradicts his claim that he forgot it was Sunday when he declined LaVonna's offer to bring Susan's yarn back later that night, Josh said she'd 'have to wait to use it until her next day off anyway.' ................Yeah, Josh remembers what day of the week it is when it's CONVENIENT!!!!!

Josh rented a car and spirited out of town the day after his wife 'disappeared without a trace,' and won't tell anyone where he was. He drove HUNDREDS of miles in 24 hours.....................Where'd you go Josh? Moving things around?

Josh's hands were extremely wind burned or frost bitten the day after he rented a car and secretly drove around HUNDREDS of miles.

I know LE most likely doesn't have enough to convict Josh..............yet! But I bet you anything he's sweatin' bullets right now trying to figure out what the heck LE was looking in his car so long after his wife disappeared.

Good, let 'em sweat!
JMHO
fran

PS.........oh, yeah, hey Josh! Did you know it wasn't until the THIRD time they did a forensic analysis on Avila's car that they found the dna evidence they needed that helped get him on DR in Calif for the murder of Samantha Runion?! Just never know, do ya?:furious:

The car alarm went off at 11:45.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpY2TakyZYI[/ame]
I love your post! :dance:

I do not know where the exact wet spot was or where the fans were placed as I never saw them, but I can tell you the part of the room where the carpet was removed. The carpet was removed from the front half of the room closest to the front door and window there, about halfway back toward the dining area/kitchen area. Then the carpet starts back up again. So the wall between the living room and garage to the front door area as far as side to side, and then going from the front wall/window next to the front door to halfway back toward the kitchen as far as front to back goes. I hope that makes sense.

Could you please save the image to your computer, print it out then draw in the areas where the carpet was removed, scan it then upload it again? Thank you!

I wish I knew how to quote multiple posts, but I don't, so I'm just going to respond to posts I've got something to say about. :blushing:

First of all, from the neighbor interview that heard the car alarm that night: He said it was in the closed garage, the lights were out in the house, and it was at 11:45 p.m. That's 45 minutes later than we'd heard about previously.

In that same news clip, Josh said he left about midnight!

About the wet spot and a possible strangling, etc...........I hate to say this here because Susan's friends are reading here. I'll just make this quick and not go into too much detail................I have a friend who's husband attempted to kill her by strangulation. While he was strangling her, he was biting her all over the face, trying to block any airway, ie mouth, nose, ............there was BLOOD! ie............possible reason for the wet spot.

About the Cox article, what is MOST interesting to me is the quote about an upcoming news interview by the family............Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

Somthing is up!

Keep the faith! LE is working hard on this and I believe it will be solved. To anyone that's been around WS very long, we've had some long-time unsolved cases, of wife murders and disappearances, that have recently come to a point that the perp (husband) has been arrested. Recently out of NC, there's Scott Morris after a year, Jason Young after 3 years, and just yesterday there was Raven Abaora after 5 years!

There is hope for justice for Susan. I'm starting to believe we MAY not have long to wait. At least from what I've been seeing in the news lately.

JMHO
fran

BBM remember Drew Peterson also.............now Josh is next! hope you read here Josh!!!

BBM remember Drew Peterson also.............now Josh is next! hope you read here Josh!!!
'

Wayne Hamberg, Josh's friend from the computer class who was a topic of a newspaper article entitled "Friend speaks out in support of Josh Powell", wrote on the wall of the Facebook group "Susan Powell Part 2" that he went to Josh's house yesterday, knocked on the door which was immediately opened by Josh, exclaiming, "and there is no peep hole", then spent two hours talking to him.

Wayne Hamberg also announced, on the wall of Susan Powell Part 2, that he was called, after he arrived back at home from his 2 hour visit with Josh, by a West Valley City Police Department detective requesting that he "go down to headquarters". Wayne stated he has a 9:00 AM appointment today, February 2, 2010. So, he may just be getting back home or he may still be there.

Could you please save the image to your computer, print it out then draw in the areas where the carpet was removed, scan it then upload it again? Thank you!

I would try to but I have a lot going on right now so I don't really have the time to do all that...plus I have no clue how to use our scanner. :blushing: That is why I tried my best to describe the area.

Look at the amended floor plan I posted and I will try to explain better: the carpet was removed from the wall behind the couch, out to the end table and love seat area on the left side, and all the way over to the entertainment center wall on the right side...and then extending halfway into the room...the carpet starts up again about where the words 'Living Room' are in the floor plan picture.

Hope that helps! Sorry I can't do more right now.

'

Wayne Hamberg, Josh's friend from the computer class who was a topic of a newspaper article entitled "Friend speaks out in support of Josh Powell", wrote on the wall of the Facebook group "Susan Powell Part 2" that he went to Josh's house yesterday, knocked on the door which was immediately opened by Josh, exclaiming, "and there is no peep hole", then spent two hours talking to him.

Wayne Hamberg also announced, on the wall of Susan Powell Part 2, that he was called, after he arrived back at home from his 2 hour visit with Josh, by a West Valley City Police Department detective requesting that he "go down to headquarters". Wayne stated he has a 9:00 AM appointment today, February 2, 2010. So, he may just be getting back home or he may still be there.

What is it about these people that love running to the aide of a murderer? I am sure the cops have the house bugged, I hope they catch this guy in some lies.

That is interesting they took the carpet that was under the couch.

'

I'm not sure I understand the "there is no peep hole" part?

I'm not sure I understand the "there is no peep hole" part?

Wait, is that some sort of code?

"There is no peep hole!" KNOCK KNOCK - KNOCK - KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"That's because the dog took out the laundry!" KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK - KNOCK

"You will be allowed to enter!"

Pretty advanced stuff there! :smile:

I wish I knew how to quote multiple posts, but I don't, so I'm just going to respond to posts I've got something to say about. :blushing:

First of all, from the neighbor interview that heard the car alarm that night: He said it was in the closed garage, the lights were out in the house, and it was at 11:45 p.m. That's 45 minutes later than we'd heard about previously.

In that same news clip, Josh said he left about midnight!

About the wet spot and a possible strangling, etc...........I hate to say this here because Susan's friends are reading here. I'll just make this quick and not go into too much detail................I have a friend who's husband attempted to kill her by strangulation. While he was strangling her, he was biting her all over the face, trying to block any airway, ie mouth, nose, ............there was BLOOD! ie............possible reason for the wet spot.

About the Cox article, what is MOST interesting to me is the quote about an upcoming news interview by the family............Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

Somthing is up!

Keep the faith! LE is working hard on this and I believe it will be solved. To anyone that's been around WS very long, we've had some long-time unsolved cases, of wife murders and disappearances, that have recently come to a point that the perp (husband) has been arrested. Recently out of NC, there's Scott Morris after a year, Jason Young after 3 years, and just yesterday there was Raven Abaora after 5 years!

There is hope for justice for Susan. I'm starting to believe we MAY not have long to wait. At least from what I've been seeing in the news lately.

JMHO
fran

Omg, I missed that! I'm heading over to that thread right now!

..............snip..................

Also, this is interesting, according to Josh - LE took his couch also...the one in front of the window. That makes me think that the wet spot could be closer to that couch, because they wanted to test it for something...

As some people started talking about the carpeting and wet spot again, I wanted to bring this post forward to remind you, or in case you didn't know, LE not only took some of the carpet, they took the couch as well.

JMHO
fran

Sounds like Wayne is implying JP opened the door without worrying about whether it might be media or LE...as in, he's not SCARED to answer the door. (Sounds like he should be, based on Shelby G's comments!)

P.S. - Nobody in my neighborhood has a peephole...We look out the windows instead.

Fran - I just noticed there is a button at the bottom right of each post that looks like a sheet of paper with end quotes and plus sign over it. I have not used it but just now when I moused over it, the tool-tip said "multi-quote this message." Hope that helps!

As some people started talking about the carpeting and wet spot again, I wanted to bring this post forward to remind you, or in case you didn't know, LE not only took some of the carpet, they took the couch as well.

JMHO
fran

The part of the carpet under the couch would be great for control test to see how much fluid it took to make the original stain.

Oh, yes! I always throw open the door with excitement and welcome everyone without checking who's there. :croc:

not.

We're probably not very good about that. At our house, it's a race among my kids to see who can open the door first.

I do NOT always answer my door. IF it's a salesman or such, nope!

Many years ago we had a double solid door and you couldn't see the front door from any of the windows. I had my hubby put a peep hole thingy in.

Soooo...........is this guy saying Josh answered the door even though he didn't know who it was?

JMHO
fran

PS..........thanks for the info Mesmerized. I think I tried that once and still couldn't figure it out. I'll try again...........fran :)

I do NOT always answer my door. IF it's a salesman or such, nope!

Many years ago we had a double solid door and you couldn't see the front door from any of the windows. I had my hubby put a peep hole thingy in.

Soooo...........is this guy saying Josh answered the door even though he didn't know who it was?

JMHO
fran

PS..........thanks for the info Mesmerized. I think I tried that once and still couldn't figure it out. I'll try again...........fran :)

It's definitely not a good idea, and I can't tell you how many times we've told our kids to check. The salesmen thing is a pain - I've started having the kids explain that we are on the phone, so that they can experience the awkwardness of the situation they created by opening the door to begin with. But more importantly, it's not very safe - even in a safe neighborhood.

The Powell's home sits at the end of the cul de sac. You can view from the front window any person driving toward the house for the entire block. You can view the front porch from the front window. The floor plan given is not 100% accurate. The living room windows are 'bay'. LE stood on the front porch to break out the window during the first welfare check at the home.

But here's a question for you all -- why would the glass from the window be outside of the house and on the front porch. If you break a window from outside -- doesn't the glass fall inside the house?

That has been bothering me. But I don't have any experience with breaking windows and where the glass would fall. Maybe it's nothing about nothing, but thought I would ask here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong