NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone else has thought of this...I haven't seen it suggested, and don't know if it's even a remote possibility. Is there anything that would point to the caseworker having something to do with this? Like, for instance, she didn't think either party taking care of him was worthy and she took matters into her own hands? MOO

Am I understanding this right? The bio mom told them some places to look for Patrick?
I don't understand why the judge seems to think the bio mom has him but LE doesn't!

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this...I haven't seen it suggested, and don't know if it's even a remote possibility. Is there anything that would point to the caseworker having something to do with this? Like, for instance, she didn't think either party taking care of him was worthy and she took matters into her own hands? MOO

Anything is possible! You never know.

Am I understanding this right? The bio mom told them some places to look for Patrick?
I don't understand why the judge seems to think the bio mom has him but LE doesn't!

Yep, that's right, redsky. She insists that she does not have him, but gave LE some possibilities of places he could be or people that could have him.

And by the way, :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths! Glad to have you here!

IMO, that's unlikely. I don't think she'd risk her job. She would also be leaving his little sister there.

Yep, that's right, redsky. She insists that she does not have him, but gave LE some possibilities of places he could be or people that could have him.

She's desparate. If she knew where he was I think she would have told when faced with Riker's island or at least after the first night. I don't think her throwing out names means that she took him. She's trying to give them something so she can get out of jail.

How old is the sister? I don't remember reading it but may have missed it. Obviously younger than Patrick.
I believe if bio mom knew who had him for sure, she would tell at this point. I hope he is safe because the alternative makes me sick.

Thank you! I have been reading the site for a long time but finally decided to join!

How old is the sister? I don't remember reading it but may have missed it. Obviously younger than Patrick.
I believe if bio mom knew who had him for sure, she would tell at this point. I hope he is safe because the alternative makes me sick.

I think I read she was four. I think bio mom would have talked, it's not looking good.

She's desparate. If she knew where he was I think she would have told when faced with Riker's island or at least after the first night. I don't think her throwing out names means that she took him. She's trying to give them something so she can get out of jail.

I agree with you. I really wish there was more news on Patrick. I hope they are still exploring other options in the search for him.

Patrick should be in school today....where is he???

A little boy is not missing for 7 days without some sort of help. He has either met some sort of horrible situation, or he's being hidden.

IMO... A 7 year old cannot survive out on the streets in January when NY is in the middle of a major cold spell. It's been so cold here this past week that it's down right Arctic.

NYPD big caught in shootout while searching for missing boy

BY Simone Weichelsbaum and Wil Cruz
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Monday, February 1st 2010, 4:00 AM

A top cop at a Brooklyn precinct who was searching for a missing 7-year-old opened fire Sunday night when he found himself in the middle of a gang-related gunfight, police sources said.

Inspector Jeffrey Maddrey, commander at the 75th Precinct, was driving around Miller Ave. in East New York about 6:30 p.m. when he and his driver noticed local punks packing heat, sources said.

Maddrey, 39, who has been on the force since 1991, fired one shot, police said. No one was hit. The unidentified hoodlums - ages 14, 16 and 20 - were arrested and awaiting charges.
"You know it's getting bad out here when [an inspector] is getting in shootouts," said a police source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...shootout_while_searching_for_missing_boy.html

Prayers for Patrick's safety & quick return!!

We are in the midst of a cold spell right now with temps only reaching highs in the 20's.

Sadly, I have not heard Patrick mentioned on the local news or on NY1 (24hr news channel soley devoted to New York City news) in days.

What do you think about the possibility the foster mom and the bio mom worked something out between the two of them? Bio mom knew where foster lived eventhough she apparently was not suppose to have that info coupled with fosters lame story about how he vanished. There could have been some arrangement made - money exchanged for foster to let bio take her son back. A little far-fetched, I know, but stranger things have happened.

We are in the midst of a cold spell right now with temps only reaching highs in the 20's.

Sadly, I have not heard Patrick mentioned on the local news or on NY1 (24hr news channel soley devoted to New York City news) in days.

What do you think about the possibility the foster mom and the bio mom worked something out between the two of them? Bio mom knew where foster lived eventhough she apparently was not suppose to have that info coupled with fosters lame story about how he vanished. There could have been some arrangement made - money exchanged for foster to let bio take her son back. A little far-fetched, I know, but stranger things have happened.

Anything is possible. I still think the foster mother would not want to jeopardize a cash flow she has had for 20 years to reunite one child with his biological mother. I doubt the bio mom would have been able to pony up any significant sum to bribe the foster mom.

Missing Boy's Mom Kept In Jail, Called A Liar And An Addict

The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from a foster home in Brooklyn more than a week ago remains behind bars because authorities believe she knows where her son is. Staten Island resident Jennifer Rodriguez—who according to the Post was described by a social worker yesterday as a drug-addicted habitual liar—is being held on contempt charges as authorities continue to look her son, Patrick Alford, who went missing on Jan. 22.

Rodriguez lost custody of her child after being arrested for theft. She has claimed the boy is staying with her aunt, though the relative denied it. Police have used helicopters and police dogs to search the neighborhood and swamps near the East New York foster home where Alford was last seen, but they haven't found any sign of the child.

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/02/with_child_still_missing_mom_stays.php

She passed a polygraph, and was released but ACS STILL believes she had a role in his disappearance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...g_son_7_released_from_jail_after_lie_det.html

AND even though she passed a poly & LE doesn't think she's involved the family court judge STILL wants her to produce him by next Tuesday's hearing.....

Judge Terrance McElrath granted Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, release from Rikers Island today during a hearing in Brooklyn Family Court on two conditions: She entirely cooperate with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and cops, and she use all of her resources to produce the boy by next Tuesday’s hearing.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_of_missing_b.html

This is what drives me nuts about Family Court & ACS, they're completely lacking in common sense, yet they're entrusted with other people's children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member