1) Holly went outside and was led away
2) the brother called 911
3) the mom called 911
4) a neighbor heard a scream and called 911
5) blood of some type was on the driveway
6) that dogs never got a scent the first day of the search
7) a lunch purse was located
8) that the lunch purse was located eight miles away from Holly's home
9) a car was located with a cell phone..gloves..and camo clothing..engine still warm
10) duct tape was found...with hair on it

That's it right?....so everything we have so far is this? I want to apologize for throwing out an rumor from someone who is purported to know the family and aiding in the search. I was digging deep for information. I will stick to the facts how few we have. Thank you for taking time to correct us newbies ...I pray that new evidence will be found and that Holly is found safe.

THE MORE I LEARN THE LESS I KNOW.

I don't know if they found a car or didn't, or if they did find one, if it turned out to be related or if Holly's phone was really in it. But I do not think that LE has singled out their suspect and is just trying to keep him off guard...they are actively asking the community for help, asking for people to call in with tips about car washings, etc...when they admit they have nearly 300 tips to sift through already. I just don't think they would be doing that if they were hot on someone's heels.

clu, I see where you are coming from. But, even if they KNOW who - they need witnesses and supporting information in making their case. The more they have the tighter the net is wound. This my opinion and I do understand why its not readily accepted!

Has LE confirmed
everything below?.....

1) Holly went outside and was led away
2) the brother called 911
3) the mom called 911
4) a neighbor heard a scream and called 911
5) blood of some type was on the driveway
6) that dogs never got a scent the first day of the search
7) a lunch purse was located
8) that the lunch purse was located eight miles away from Holly's home
9) a car was located with a cell phone..gloves..and camo clothing..engine still warm
10) duct tape was found...with hair on it

That's it right?....so everything we have so far is this? I want to apologize for throwing out an rumor from someone who is purported to know the family and aiding in the search. I was digging deep for information. I will stick to the facts how few we have. Thank you for taking time to correct us newbies ...I pray that new evidence will be found and that Holly is found safe.

THE MORE I LEARN THE LESS I KNOW.

4, 6, 8 & 9 have NOT been confirmed by LE to my knowledge; part of 4 may be but not that neighbor called 911. Just that another person, unidentified, called 911 beside the brother.

Have the brother and bf been ruled out? I keep seeing that they have been, but at the same time, I keep finding the same quote from LE that no one has been eliminated.

True on both accounts, nmk. The latter was the latest statement from LE. The former was the earlier.

brother & bf were however described as "as cooperative as possible".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/18/ruled-suspects-disappearance-holly-bobo/

We can't discuss or suggest brother or bf as if suspects here, however - just a heads up - TOS & all.

Holly's country western singer cousin spoke today to debunk theories about the brother's involvement.

"Shut up."

http://radioamber.net/?p=4525

I don't know if they found a car or didn't, or if they did find one, if it turned out to be related or if Holly's phone was really in it. But I do not think that LE has singled out their suspect and is just trying to keep him off guard...they are actively asking the community for help, asking for people to call in with tips about car washings, etc...when they admit they have nearly 300 tips to sift through already. I just don't think they would be doing that if they were hot on someone's heels.

Maybe not. But they could just ignore the tips they didn't need and concentrate on the ones they did need.

I just feel like the car was for real, but they don't want us to have that info yet.
But I could be wrong and it may just be wishful thinking on my part.

I just imagine that if he has her tied up in his camper as he is cruising to Texas down the highway, it would calm him to hear that they are all looking for people who have just washed their cars. And maybe he would relax a bit more and make a costly mistake. Hopefully/

Emma, many of did read/hear about this thing with the car a few days ago...but LE has more than once said it was not true, and then yesterday in one story said they had looked at a car but it turned out to be not related, when pressed by reporters. So we really don't have any way of knowing if the car actually had the phone in it, as they have not officially said they have found the phone either, as far as I know.

I understand. That's why I provided the scanner link. Folks can judge for themselves.

The article says the entire search area was changed after Holly's cell phone an and the camo was found (if I understand the geography correctly - it was changed by 8 miles).

We do know that the broad and major search area focus was, indeed, abruptly changed from the day in question to the next. And it hasn't moved since.

Perhaps we could call it a possible theory based on MSM and inductive reasoning from other research here at WS. :)

just an aside for newbies:

this discussion here is an example of what makes WS such a great board. (IMO of course.) we gently challenge each other and hold facts in highest regard.

all are welcome to join in.

JMHO

clu, I see where you are coming from. But, even if they KNOW who - they need witnesses and supporting information in making their case. The more they have the tighter the net is wound. This my opinion and I do understand why its not readily accepted!

Your opinion is just as valid as mine, or anyone's opinion. You may be right. I am thinking that right now, LE is in find Holly mode more than they are in thinking about prosecuting mode, although of course that is always a part of their work.

I wonder if there are any car washes in the area and if they have cameras.

Your opinion is just as valid as mine, or anyone's opinion. You may be right. I am thinking that right now, LE is in find Holly mode more than they are in thinking about prosecuting mode, although of course that is always a part of their work.

I wonder if there are any car washes in the area and if they have cameras.

Google says there are 223...I'm sure some of them are pretty far away, but that's still a massive number.
Darden Tennessee - Google Maps

Emma, many of did read/hear about this thing with the car a few days ago...but LE has more than once said it was not true, and then yesterday in one story said they had looked at a car but it turned out to be not related, when pressed by reporters. So we really don't have any way of knowing if the car actually had the phone in it, as they have not officially said they have found the phone either, as far as I know.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054943-504083.html

Investigators have discovered several of Bobo's personal items, including her cell phone, purse, and lunch box.

<modsnip>

Also right at the beginning it was mentioned that she had an exboyfriend who she had a restraining order against as he kept threatening to kill her. Does anyone else remember this being mentioned? and do we know if this is in fact correct?

If it is he to me would be no 1,2 and 3 suspect at the moment.

I will transcbe LE and family statements, if anyone wants to send me links. That way we have them in print should they disappear later or if there are those that can't view the videos for whatever reason.

I read this, but I don't know if LE said anything about the phone. I am confused on the phone, especially.

At the presser LE was asked specifically about the phone and camo - he said that they were not talking about what evidence has been collected (paraphrased, but this was today).

(correction that was YESTERDAYS presser! sheeze time for me to go to bed, its already tomorrow!)

I'm going to switch to the laptop and start transcription. These probably won't have the length of some of the others that I've done, since I will be focusing on LE and the family statements, but maybe along the way, I will find a statement that's been missed or misquoted, and that would help. I'll try to break it down day by day, to make them easier to find.

(ETA: I have a toothache, so I'll be up for awhile, if there's anything that needs a rush put on it, link it.)

I don't think the investigation is expecting to turn up either a live victim or to stumble upon a living suspect out in the woods during their search. That is, they aren't expecting to stumble upon Holly alive being held captive somewhere by someone.

However, I don't think they've ruled out the above completely, it just is the least likely scenario.

If they did think that Holly was being held out in these search areas by someone capable of violence, I don't think they'd have unarmed civilian volunteers stumbling through these woods. If the volunteers came up on this dangerous person holding Holly, what would happen? If even 1 civilian volunteer were injured or killed, it'd be too many.

I think the investigation is leveraging the outpouring of support and volunteer activity to collect and accumulate evidence. And the evidence they are collecting appears to be of two kinds:

(i) true, actual evidence of what happened, which will lead the investigation down the path to finding out what happened.

(ii) evidence deliberately placed in locations by individual(s) intending to lead the investigation down the wrong path.

I think they have a list of POI potentially responsible for the latter (and the former, of course) who are thus also POI in terms of the actual missing person case.

However, I don't think they have enough evidence or are confident enough in their theory to publicly switch the matter from a search and rescue to a criminal investigation, even tho privately LE has already done so.

IMO/YMMV/just a theory.

I keep thinking all the same things... but I can't get past my own experiences.

I can assure you.... we were not looking for a live Elizabeth Smart chained to a tree.

I believe I was probably one of a VERY small minority that even had that thought cross their mind. Then even I thought I was nuts, surely he had taken her out of the area immediately.

We were not expecting to come across a guy who promised to kill anyone who found them. That thought didn't even cross my mind I don't believe.

I kept thinking.... They have the advantage if they are hiding out there. We are looking for something we aren't even sure is there. They can hear us... they know we are there looking and they can see us coming and be ready for us.

I still have a great amount of hope that Holly is alive.
For the same reasons I thought that about Elizabeth, Sarah and Shasta. I believe this was planned, plotted, carried out... that's a lot of work to just kill someone. If there isn't an angry ex husband (like Venus Stewart had) then this much effort tends to indicate a desire to keep the victim.

I also see similarities in Holly and Elizabeth. I think that Holly could also be underestimated like Elizabeth was. I think Holly could also be stronger and more able to handle the situation than we expect.

I don't think the investigation is expecting to turn up either a live victim or to stumble upon a living suspect out in the woods during their search. That is, they aren't expecting to stumble upon Holly alive being held captive somewhere by someone.

However, I don't think they've ruled out the above completely, it just is the least likely scenario.

If they did think that Holly was being held out in these search areas by someone capable of violence, I don't think they'd have unarmed civilian volunteers stumbling through these woods. If the volunteers came up on this dangerous person holding Holly, what would happen? If even 1 civilian volunteer were injured or killed, it'd be too many.

I think the investigation is leveraging the outpouring of support and volunteer activity to collect and accumulate evidence. And the evidence they are collecting appears to be of two kinds:

(i) true, actual evidence of what happened, which will lead the investigation down the path to finding out what happened.

(ii) evidence deliberately placed in locations by individual(s) intending to lead the investigation down the wrong path.

I think they have a list of POI potentially responsible for the latter (and the former, of course) who are thus also POI in terms of the actual missing person case.

However, I don't think they have enough evidence or are confident enough in their theory to publicly switch the matter from a search and rescue to a criminal investigation, even tho privately LE has already done so.

IMO/YMMV/just a theory.

4/14/2011
Sheriff Roy Wyatt:
"We're tracking down every lead that we've got, uh, we've called in different agencies, we've had tracking dogs, we've had helicopters, uh, everything that we could get, we've had here looking for the young lady.:
N. Bobo (cousin):
"Just anybody that can help, c'mon and help us, please."
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/14/cousin-of-country-music-star-whitney-duncan-abducted-in-apparent/

D Bobo:
"I'm Dana Bobo. We live here close. This is my wife Karen. Our daughter was, our daughter was taken from us yesterday morning about 8 o'clock from our house, going to school. We've got thousands of people, the police is here helping us, we've got friends and neighbors, we've got people I don't even know that's been here helping us, since 8 o'clock yesterday morning. What I'd like to do is help, ask for any help, if anybody can help us try to locate, find, and bring home our daughter, to please help, in any way. If you can call, if you've seen her or anything, try to get the information back to these fine law enforcement that have been here with us since the start, and, uh, get us some information to try to get our daughter back to the house, please."
Reporter asks what they would say to Holly if she were listening:
D. Bobo:
"I would tell her I love her, I want her to call us please, in any way she can get in touch with us whatsoever, text, anything. To try to get in touch with us for where they can pinpoint us a way to go to get her."
Reporter asks if they are still hopeful:
D Bobo:
"Yes ma'am, we are help, hopeful that she's gonna be brought back, soon, and, uh..."
Reporter asks if they can figure out anyone that would want to do this:
D. Bobo:
"Uh, no sir, I don't. Uh, way it looks to me myself, it might have been somebody close, somebody that kinda knew our routine, and knew when I left, and when she left [indicates wife], and when my daughter left to go to school, is what I've got in my mind, but I don't know that for sure. Okay, Karen would you like to say something? Be strong."
K Bobo:
"Holly, I love you so much. Please, please try to get home to us. And if anybody knows anything about her, please, please help us find her. She's just so precious, you just don't even know."
D Bobo:
"And all the people that's already helped us, thank you, keep us in your prayers, please."
(At this point Karen is being physically supported by her husband and LE calls an end to questions.)
K Bobo:
"I just want her back."
(Karen pretty much collapses at this point and is walked back to waiting unmarked car by her husband and LEO.)
Sheriff:
"We just send a plea out to whomever might be listening and watching to help this family. We can only imagine what they go through. They need your help. Thank you."
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14445690/family-pleads-for-help-finding-missing-decatur-co-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie