Man found decapitated, police suspect suicide

IDK I still have trouble buying suicide. Too much drop could only be an answer if he was dropping from 2 or more stories.

According to the hanging charts decapitation (or partial) can occur with an 8 foot drop of the person is 200 lbs or more.

A century ago they shorted the standard drop length likely because that is exactly what was happening. Still seems surprising for inside a garage though.

Old drop vs modern drop rope lengths:
14.0 stone (196 lb, 89 kg) 8 ft 0 in (244 cm) 5 ft 5 in (165 cm)
13.5 stone (189 lb, 86 kg) 8 ft 2 in (249 cm) 5 ft 6 in (168 cm)
13.0 stone (182 lb, 82¾kg) 8 ft 4 in (254 cm) 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
12.5 stone (175 lb, 79½kg) 8 ft 6 in (259 cm) 5 ft 11 in (180 cm)

http://www.syzdekistan.com/2007/01/16/the-hanging-of-barzan-hussein/

Grab a roll of duct tape or a pair of handcuffs or a piece of rope and try.

It isn't that hard to do.

According to the hanging charts decapitation (or partial) can occur with an 8 foot drop of the person is 200 lbs or more.

A century ago they shorted the standard drop length likely because that is exactly what was happening. Still seems surprising for inside a garage though.

Old drop vs modern drop rope lengths:

Sonya, can I ask what you do for a living? You are a keeper of some rather "dark" information, lol -- doesn't bother me in the least, just find it intriguing and had to ask!! :angel:

Sonya, can I ask what you do for a living? You are a keeper of some rather "dark" information, lol -- doesn't bother me in the least, just find it intriguing and had to ask!! :angel:

My bits of weird knowledge are not job related. I just happen to have a good memory for weird death related topics and on the interwebs there are lots of places to research and lots of likeminded people sharing information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS7Y6ZvCDSI&feature=player_embedded#at=17

My thoughts are that someone that bounds their hands together (and/or feet) prior to committing suicide does so because they want to make sure they complete the suicide and not panic and try to save themselves.

Good video.

And your theory is sound. The very long drop plus binding feet and hands etc.... No chance to back out. Seems like a bit of "overkill" if you ask me, but still a sound theory. The guy in the video mentions insurance payout....if that was the whole idea it was just plain stupid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back