CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Opie, Soon Please

Just waiting for someone who knows what happened to Bob to either seek legal advice or speak with PPD. They would keep that information confidental! I just know that if I knew what happened to Bob, but didn't speak up, it would surely take me down. By being silent I would never be able to live with what I think I might gain. We have to put our trust in the legal system.

My heart goes out to those who know what happened, what pain they must be in trying to be normal now. Take a deep breath... do the right thing.

I just know that if I knew what happened to Bob, but didn't speak up, it would surely take me down. By being silent I would never be able to live with what I think I might gain.

<Respectfully snipped>

Agree! I know I would be sick with the guilt of knowing. I know my mind would try to avoid picturing what happened, and where Mr. Harrod might be now, but it would be a losing battle. I would go mad.

Praying we get the answers soon!

Mr. Harrod's birthday is coming up. Hopefully so is justice in this case.

Mr. Harrod's birthday is coming up. Hopefully so is justice in this case.

Yes. I looked to see if any events are being planned by the family (e.g. a vigil or something), but all I found was that daughter J is planning a vacation. Maybe she just needs to recharge her batteries, and then she'll organize a search, a vigil, or something that acknowledges that her father has been missing for almost two years.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/129/81444

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. Still praying for him and his return.

Happy Birthday Bob!!! WE will not forget you, and will continue to look for justice!!

Happy Birthday Bob-I hope that some day, sooner than later, those who love you will have a physical place to visit you on your special day. :( Anyone check the facebook page? Are there any tributes being done? Any condolences or well wishes being posted?

Happy Birthday Bob-I hope that some day, sooner than later, those who love you will have a physical place to visit you on your special day. :( Anyone check the facebook page? Are there any tributes being done? Any condolences or well wishes being posted?

In a nutshell...no. :-(

Odd...what a nice way it would have been to bring their beloved father into the spotlight. *shrug*

Odd...what a nice way it would have been to bring their beloved father into the spotlight. *shrug*

Yep.

and then there's Father's Day coming up and the anniversary of his wedding and then his disappearance, of course.

Thats okay...we, perfect strangers, will keep his memory alive.

:bdscroll:

A little late but the thought is there.

As for those responsible:
Your time is coming so enjoy yourselves while you can...if you can.

aside: Reminds me of A 'Tell-TaleHeart' by Edgar Allen Poe. Do you think they are "haunted" by a 'thud' 'thud' 'thud' under their floorboards all the time?
Or whispering in their ears?

Hey Folks --

Take a gander at the birthday commemoration left on Bob's FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=wall

Wow, and the comment left by one of Bob's close friends as well.

Utterly unbelievable.

We are the ones looking for answers and trying to find out what happened to Bob Harrod and all they can do is make disparaging remarks against WS and WS posters.

I sure would like for them to comment on exactly what THEY are doing to find answers as to Mr. Harrod's whereabouts and his demise. Thus far, I have not seen a darned thing that they have done--oh, except for posting a $50K reward, which was only posted after continuous questioning from US as to why a reward had not been offered.

Which one of them has gone out looking for Mr. Harrod? Which one of them has initiated and then held a vigil for Mr. Harrod? Which one(s) of them has offered to take a polygraph? Which one(s) of them REALLY cares about finding Mr. Harrod?

As of this moment in time, I have not seen evidence of ANY of them giving a darn about what became of this man.

And, frankly, that makes me not only incredibly sad, but sick to my stomach.

This is their father and the grandfather to their children.

How can THEY not care?

They think that WE are tossing around unfounded accusations?

I see things quite differently.

WE are doing something in pursuit of the truth behind Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

What are THEY doing to find out what happened to this man?

The answer to that question is simple.

Absolutely NOTHING.

Utterly unbelievable.

We are the ones looking for answers and trying to find out what happened to Bob Harrod and all they can do is make disparaging remarks against WS and WS posters.

I sure would like for them to comment on exactly what THEY are doing to find answers as to Mr. Harrod's whereabouts and his demise. Thus far, I have not seen a darned thing that they have done--oh, except for posting a $50K reward, which was only posted after continuous questioning from US as to why a reward had not been offered.

Which one of them has gone out looking for Mr. Harrod? Which one of them has initiated and then held a vigil for Mr. Harrod? Which one(s) of them has offered to take a polygraph? Which one(s) of them REALLY cares about finding Mr. Harrod?

As of this moment in time, I have not seen evidence of ANY of them giving a darn about what became of this man.

And, frankly, that makes me not only incredibly sad, but sick to my stomach.

This is their father and the grandfather to their children.

How can THEY not care?

They think that WE are tossing around unfounded accusations?

I see things quite differently.

WE are doing something in pursuit of the truth behind Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

What are THEY doing to find out what happened to this man?

The answer to that question is simple.

Absolutely NOTHING.

Totally agree. And, the reward was Bob's own money.

Utterly unbelievable.

respectfully snipped

Seriously -- has anyone here ever seen a worse missing person's FB page? I mean, has anyone seen a more indifferent, more apathetic, more uninterested FB page?

I would say that his daughters just set it us as a token attempt, but that would be a lie. They didn't set it up -- one of the people with big hearts from here (who they have disparaged) set it up for them (oh -- and did not leave it like this), and then they basically neglected it (to put it kindly).

I don't know where to start, but how about here: how juvenile is it to say that one will not commemorate their missing (/murdered) father's birthday because of whatever anyone else says? Heck, if it was my dad -- even if it was my pet doxy -- I don't think that I would give one whit about what anyone else had to say, if I wanted to celebrate my dad.

And as for the folks here who have been discussing Bob's case...I have to say that I am generally a skeptical person, but I have seen the proof in the pudding: these are people with no interest in the case other than justice for an octogenarian who deserved better. How dare the FB site administrator (one of Bob's daughters -- no need to name whom) malign those who have fought for her dad?

So, in short -- if this is the first time that you have read this thread, I wish to ask you to check out the 'commemoration' of Bob's birthday at his FB site, and ask yourself if that site looks like your typical missing person's site. If not, why not? (And let us know if you are interested in reading more, if your heart can bear it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin