Darlie Routier on Death Row

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention. I just think other places and people, like in my neighbourhood, are better served.

You didn't, no worries. :) You may be right but I think people who are truly innocent and convicted of crimes they didn't commit deserve support as well.

Ummm... excuse me?? When I started writing to her, I think I was about 18 years old. Immature, assuming she was a poor, inncoent, wrongly-convicted woman on death row. I felt sorry for her and I wanted to help. I have since changed my mind but I don't regret what I did in the past.

I guess if having a big heart and wanting to help an innocent woman makes me pathetic, so be it. There ARE innocent people on death row. It does happen. Should we just ignore them and throw away the key?

You should never feel bad about having a heart. Shows that you care about people and their feelings. I am like that also. I try to see the good in people but some people you can search and search and will find nothing good, just evil.

In the beginning of my sleuthing days, I wanted to believe Darlie. I contacted Darlie Kee on AOL, and she was nice, but only to those who didn't challenge her there. I was very close to printing and mailing the letter I started so many times. I didn't have a "real IP email, so I wasn't a "WS'er" til 2005 when I got comcast. After getting here in 2005, I was led to the transcripts. I read every word that was "transcribed". I also read the several books out there. But the transcript, spoke for itself. We don't have a true motive, and I do have a 1 or 2% hope that I am totally wrong about Darlie. That leaves 98 or 99% set on her guilt. You know why I don't write? Drama. I had to take a break from some of the court cases since Laci. I am now watching the ICA trial, and it breaks my heart. With all the people that would have took Caylee in, there was no reason but control and to punish her parents.

Hi Everyone, I was so involved in the Scott Peterson case at the time I never studied Darlie's case. I'm glad I found these timely posts on her case as I'd like to learn the details. Remembering her from all the TV shows about her case I wouldn't be afraid to sit down with her across the table and ask her questions. Elaine Warnos, now that would be very scary IMO.

I also wanted to say in reading today I came across postings by Casshew. She was such an inspirational poster to me during the SP case and when she decided to stop posting I really missed her being here.

Casshew, if you ever read here let it be known you were dearly loved by one and all WS'ers. I hope life is treating you well. xox

Sorry, OT. Scandi, I will NEVER forget the details and information you helped with for Laci. So nice to see YOU posting again.

Hi Everyone, I was so involved in the Scott Peterson case at the time I never studied Darlie's case. I'm glad I found these timely posts on her case as I'd like to learn the details. Remembering her from all the TV shows about her case I wouldn't be afraid to sit down with her across the table and ask her questions. Elaine Warnos, now that would be very scary IMO.
I also wanted to say in reading today I came across postings by Casshew. She was such an inspirational poster to me during the SP case and when she decided to stop posting I really missed her being here.

Casshew, if you ever read here let it be known you were dearly loved by one and all WS'ers. I hope life is treating you well. xox

Hi scandi,

I gotta tell ya that I'm getting a chuckle out of what I bolded. Please take no offense as it's not intended. Any who, I would rather of had a face to face with Aileen Wuornos than somebody like Darlie as you would know where you stood with Aileen. People like Darlie are more scary to me.

I did write Darlie for several years. I first wrote her because I was curious about the case. I had only read one book at the time about the case and was offput by the fact that her family still supported her, including the husband who was in the house at the time. Am aware that people do go into denial but wasn't sure if that was the case. Was curious if I could get a feeling about her as a person by communicating. I never came out and asked her if she was guilty, and at the time I started writing, I questioned whether she was rightfully convicted. I maintained writing to her for several years, even after I had read the transcript and become aware of more details regarding the case. We wrote back and forth frequently. I say all that to say this: There is not much to be gleaned from written correspondance. She does talk about things going on but it is surface interaction, nothing personally revealing. I haven't really gotten much that would indicate selfishness or even self-centeredness in my correspondences. She would speak of her family, speak of Drake, speak of work she was doing. She would offer advice and encouragement for situations I had shared with her. She would remember birthdays and send cards. She would speak of God and faith. All that could be interpretted as either her being a nice person or her knowing what to put down on paper to present to public. Unfortunately, I think she learned her lesson about written correspondance during her trial and chances of her revealing much about her real self are not very strong. I gave plenty of openings. I did wonder how she would have reacted if I had written her telling her I thought she was guilty. Would she have felt compelled to defend herself, what would her reaction have been like? I do think in person it would be more likely to get a feel for her but at this point I think she is fairly well practiced at portraying what she wants. IMO the interviews she has given show her looking insincere, trying to act over the top and not carrying it off well. I do think if someone does not look at the transcripts and also consider statements made to press by family immediately following the murders, it would be easy to be swayed by listening to her. Still don't get if the family is really in denial or if they know on some level and want to save her at any cost.

I did write Darlie for several years. I first wrote her because I was curious about the case. I had only read one book at the time about the case and was offput by the fact that her family still supported her, including the husband who was in the house at the time. Am aware that people do go into denial but wasn't sure if that was the case. Was curious if I could get a feeling about her as a person by communicating. I never came out and asked her if she was guilty, and at the time I started writing, I questioned whether she was rightfully convicted. I maintained writing to her for several years, even after I had read the transcript and become aware of more details regarding the case. We wrote back and forth frequently. I say all that to say this: There is not much to be gleaned from written correspondance. She does talk about things going on but it is surface interaction, nothing personally revealing. I haven't really gotten much that would indicate selfishness or even self-centeredness in my correspondences. She would speak of her family, speak of Drake, speak of work she was doing. She would offer advice and encouragement for situations I had shared with her. She would remember birthdays and send cards. She would speak of God and faith. All that could be interpretted as either her being a nice person or her knowing what to put down on paper to present to public. Unfortunately, I think she learned her lesson about written correspondance during her trial and chances of her revealing much about her real self are not very strong. I gave plenty of openings. I did wonder how she would have reacted if I had written her telling her I thought she was guilty. Would she have felt compelled to defend herself, what would her reaction have been like? I do think in person it would be more likely to get a feel for her but at this point I think she is fairly well practiced at portraying what she wants. IMO the interviews she has given show her looking insincere, trying to act over the top and not carrying it off well. I do think if someone does not look at the transcripts and also consider statements made to press by family immediately following the murders, it would be easy to be swayed by listening to her. Still don't get if the family is really in denial or if they know on some level and want to save her at any cost.

So do you still write to her now?

No, not for several years now. i do think she is guilty and i felt bad writing her. was doing it like I was supporting her for a few years after I had came to guilty conclusion. Boys are ones that deserve sympathy and justice. by writing i felt I was feeding the monster.

No, not for several years now. i do think she is guilty and i felt bad writing her. was doing it like I was supporting her for a few years after I had came to guilty conclusion. Boys are ones that deserve sympathy and justice. by writing i felt I was feeding the monster.

Did you come to the conclusion of her guilt based on the trial transcripts or from what Darlie wrote in her letters? I was on the fence about her guilt after reading two books but after reading the trial transcripts I knew she was guilty. It was a hard thing to accept that a mother could kill her own flesh and blood but the sad thing is that she wasn't the first mother to kill her own kids and she won't be the last. :banghead:

Transcripts convinced me. She can say what she wants to say as many times as she wants but I never heard anything that really refuted the evidence. I don't know exactly how she got the bruises, don't know exactly how the sock went in alley. Even with that there was too much in the transcripts that indicate guilt.

Transcripts convinced me. She can say what she wants to say as many times as she wants but I never heard anything that really refuted the evidence. I don't know exactly how she got the bruises, don't know exactly how the sock went in alley. Even with that there was too much in the transcripts that indicate guilt.

Yep the transcripts convinced me too. I just was having a very hard time believing that she could have killed them in the manner that she did. If I wouldn't have read the transcripts there is a really good chance I would believe she was wrongly accused.

In the beginning of my sleuthing days, I wanted to believe Darlie. I contacted Darlie Kee on AOL, and she was nice, but only to those who didn't challenge her there. I was very close to printing and mailing the letter I started so many times. I didn't have a "real IP email, so I wasn't a "WS'er" til 2005 when I got comcast. After getting here in 2005, I was led to the transcripts. I read every word that was "transcribed". I also read the several books out there. But the transcript, spoke for itself. We don't have a true motive, and I do have a 1 or 2% hope that I am totally wrong about Darlie. That leaves 98 or 99% set on her guilt. You know why I don't write? Drama. I had to take a break from some of the court cases since Laci. I am now watching the ICA trial, and it breaks my heart. With all the people that would have took Caylee in, there was no reason but control and to punish her parents.

Me too, I feel so so sorry for Cindy Anthony. Sheès the one suffering, not that devil she gave birth to. Itès easy for any of us to see that Cindy and George loved that little girl unconditionally. Itès different when itès grandchildren, itès a different kind of love. We all love that little girl, sheès gone but sheès a beacon. Her life had meaning to all of us..except her mother.

My elder sister cried the other day over this case....that beautiful child. It just breaks your heart.

Me too, I feel so so sorry for Cindy Anthony. Sheès the one suffering, not that devil she gave birth to. Itès easy for any of us to see that Cindy and George loved that little girl unconditionally. Itès different when itès grandchildren, itès a different kind of love. We all love that little girl, sheès gone but sheès a beacon. Her life had meaning to all of us..except her mother.

My elder sister cried the other day over this case....that beautiful child. It just breaks your heart.

I totally agree. The horrible reality is that this happens all too often. I praise God that the families that have lost their children to violence have become advocates in the fight to save children. I pray for the Anthony's to accept their daughters fate and become soldiers in the fight against child abuse and murder. It's really sad that we have this wonderful gift: the ability to have children AND we also have these wonderful products that are called birth control that are fantastic for PREVENTING unwanted pregnancies. It's too bad common sense is so uncommon.

You didn't, no worries. :) You may be right but I think people who are truly innocent and convicted of crimes they didn't commit deserve support as well.

I understand that. I'm looking at it from conviction and incarceration. There's been several high profile wrongful accused cases where I live. We don't have the DP so there's no threat of that.

However, I've never been motivated to write to somone in prison for any reason. My feelings are the wrongfully convicted will always win out in the end..the truth will always win.

I'm wondering how many more years Texas is going to keep Darlie on death row. Shouldn't her execution date be coming up soon?

I'm wondering how many more years Texas is going to keep Darlie on death row. Shouldn't her execution date be coming up soon?

Since they are allowing the additional DNA testing, I dont believe they can set a date.

Since they are allowing the additional DNA testing, I dont believe they can set a date.

Seems to me there should be a time limit on that DNA testing as it was a couple of years ago. KWIM?

Seems to me there should be a time limit on that DNA testing as it was a couple of years ago. KWIM?

I was under the impression that her family hadn't raised enough money yet for the additional testing. I didn't think the testing is something that is paid for by the state of Texas. I suppose I really don't know who is supposed to pay for the testing.

I was under the impression that her family hadn't raised enough money yet for the additional testing. I didn't think the testing is something that is paid for by the state of Texas. I suppose I really don't know who is supposed to pay for the testing.

Sorry JenniferTx, I should have mentioned that. I was just being a smart alec really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back