IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

But if this witness is correct, that she encountered some dark stranger on the street at 3:38 a.m., instead of being in JR's room as he said, why would he lie?

If the witness story that a stranger grabbed her is true, why would JR make this stuff up? He would truly have no idea at all what happened to her, and would have no reason to fabricate that she had used his phone to call Rohn.

I'm not sure about the Gatto witness, but I think it's possible that JR would have a reason to lie if he was doing something such as riding in the back of a truck during the time. His alibi would be that Lauren was still with him and hadn't left yet. Maybe he was out and about until 4:30 and wanted to cover for what he had been doing. Just speculation.

I'm not sure about the Gatto witness, but I think it's possible that JR would have a reason to lie if he was doing something such as riding in the back of a truck during the time. His alibi would be that Lauren was still with him and hadn't left yet. Maybe he was out and about until 4:30 and wanted to cover for what he had been doing. Just speculation.

You've still got witnesses in his apartment who would have to lie to cover up for him also.

man i wish we had more info, i am going blind studying this truck photo, at first my eyes saw one pose in that truck photo, after reading some posts about 2 people i studied it for few more hours, attached is both of my photoshop renditions, the one with two people is just me tracing the shadows and filling in some paint.

Thank you harrison! You illustrated what I have 'seen' from the photo much better that I could ever have explained it in written words!:rocker:

This photo is unsettling, IMO.

wm

You've still got witnesses in his apartment who would have to lie to cover up for him also.

I don't remember reading about the witness(es) in his apartment. Who were they and what did they say?

This case is maddening. We can all agree that her disappearance was not planned in advance. So, how the heck do the drunk/high chucklehead POIs manage to dump the body without leaving enough evidence to make an arrest? This seems like an important question. Did the mysterious truck driver help? I'm frustrated.

I wonder if LE has noted the differences between the first photo (showing the writing on the truck and the reflection in the window) and the second photo (from the side showing the bed). It may be just an optical illusion due to the angle of the camera, but the suspension on the truck looks to be depressed further in the second photo than it is in the first.

If there was a way to measure the distance from the top of the rear tire to the fender and compare the measurements of the two photos, that would be a very important piece of information!!!

Since the first photo is taken at 4:14 and the second at 4:24, if you can show a difference in suspension travel between the two photos, you can assume that the truck picked up some additional cargo at some point within those 10 minutes.

I don't remember reading about the witness(es) in his apartment. Who were they and what did they say?

I can't find it anymore. Yesterday I read something that said there were "unnamed others" at the apartment also.

It would seem that finding a specific truck should be highly probable with so many eyes looking. Where is it????

Just wanted to point out the latest info from police is she went two blocks north on college then ducked into an alley between two buildings.Not entering the alley on 9th.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ogress-search-Lauren-Spierer?odyssey=nav|head

Thank you very much.

However, if, as the article says, she left Smallwood, (9th St.), and walked 2 blocks North before ducking into the alley, that would be 11th Street. She would never have showed up on the alley video at 10th.

So, how can that be accurate?

I wonder if LE has noted the differences between the first photo (showing the writing on the truck and the reflection in the window) and the second photo (from the side showing the bed). It may be just an optical illusion due to the angle of the camera, but the suspension on the truck looks to be depressed further in the second photo than it is in the first.

If there was a way to measure the distance from the top of the rear tire to the fender and compare the measurements of the two photos, that would be a very important piece of information!!!

Since the first photo is taken at 4:14 and the second at 4:24, if you can show a difference in suspension travel between the two photos, you can assume that the truck picked up some additional cargo at some point within those 10 minutes.

I noticed that yesterday as well when trying to compare models/years. I think it would be beneficial if they are able to figure that out. Even if the weight of someone from the front of the truck had moved into the bed with LS, it seems the back end would be more weighed down.

Thank you very much.

However, if, as the article says, she left Smallwood, (9th St.), and walked 2 blocks North, that would be 11th Street. She would never have showed up on the alley video at 10th.

So, how can that be accurate?

There's a really helpful map at the very beginning of this thread. First, she traveled one block west and then went north. The cameras are located on the map, the truck, the destinations, etc.

Evidence taken this morning was apparently a bag of men and women's clothing found behind a trash bin ....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28273283/detail.html

"A security officer discovered the bag of men's and women's clothes behind an indoor trash bin on the sixth floor of the Smallwood Apartments early Friday, police told 6News' Stacia Matthews.

Investigators were looking at surveillance video Friday afternoon to determine who left the bag."

Here is my poor attempt to match the pics I took with the map so non-locals might follow along more easily. It looks, um not so good to me, so I will probably redo it later, when there is more time.

Below the map are links to the numbered images.

These images are [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]from here[/ame].

spierermap5.jpg

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8
Image 9
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14
Image 15
Image 16
Image 17
Image 18
Image 19
Image 20
Image 21
Image 22
Image 23
Image 24
Image 25
Image 26
Image 27
Image 28
Image 29
Image 30
Image 31
Image 32
Image 33
Image 34
Image 35
Image 36
Image 37
Image 38
Image 39
Image 40
Image 41
Image 42
Image 43
Image 44
Image 45
Image 46
Image 47
Image 48

Evidence taken this morning was apparently a bag of men and women's clothing found behind a trash bin ....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28273283/detail.html

"A security officer discovered the bag of men's and women's clothes behind an indoor trash bin on the sixth floor of the Smallwood Apartments early Friday, police told 6News' Stacia Matthews.

Investigators were looking at surveillance video Friday afternoon to determine who left the bag."

Sort of late to be checking the trashcans, I would think.

What does JR look like? Does he match Tony Gatto's witness's description?

OK, that didn't come out the way I hoped. Guess I will have to find another way.

Sorry Bessie.

There's a really helpful map at the very beginning of this thread. First, she traveled one block west and then went north. The cameras are located on the map, the truck, the destinations, etc.

Yes, thank you for the complement, I made that map.

I am hung up on the alleged sighting of LS and the unidentified man at 3:38 am by the bartender who was returning home from work.

The alleged bartender's report stated, (and I paraphrase for lack of a link) that LS appeared to be 'out of it', and that her face hit the the ground, and at one point the unidentified male 'slung her over his shoulder' and said 'let me take you home'.

I am sorry to ask this, but could LS have already been deceased at this time and this mysterious male was just pretending to 'walk' her... 'carry' her, 'help' her'. (in order to get her out of there)?

This is only a theory....

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members