IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the white Chevy 4x4 truck, I really do hope he took her because then there's more of a chance he's keeping her alive somewhere. However, do any of you think he's an independent contractor who:
A. Drives around early and picks up his quota of illegal immigrants who he uses as dirt cheap labor for the day's job. This happens some miles from where I live.
B. Is a guy who drives around to construction sites in the dark wee hours of the morning to steal anything he can lift into the truck bed for free (still a criminal, but not a murderer or abuser).

Regarding the white Chevy 4x4 truck, I really do hope he took her because then there's more of a chance he's keeping her alive somewhere. However, do any of you think he's an independent contractor who:
A. Drives around early and picks up his quota of illegal immigrants who he uses as dirt cheap labor for the day's job. This happens some miles from where I live.
B. Is a guy who drives around to construction sites in the dark wee hours of the morning to steal anything he can lift into the truck bed for free (still a criminal, but not a murderer or abuser).

I hope the truck can lead to a big break, but your point is a good one. I'll add that when college students leave for the summer, they throw a sickening amount of perfectly good stuff away (think TVs, furniture, appliances, clothes, etc). This guy could just be a scavenger. Again, I hope that's not the case.

Where were the keys found? I saw one map that showed them as an "X" on a rail along College, but another map showed them on a handrail on the N side of the College Apts W of the infamous N-S alley way. Any speculation on how or why from the POI's or interviews as to why she lost her keys, too. Would she head home, or would JR allow her to leave if she was aware she lost her keys? If she had them when she left and they were found on a rail over by College Apts by Morton, than that creates another potential route.

Anything more on the keys scenario?

Sad to say, but forget your phone...OK, forget you shoes, phone and lose you keys all in a couple of hours....this poor girl was really messed up that night.

Since she apparently lost her keys on her way to CR's apartment then the only POI who would know why she lost her keys presumably would be CR-and he claims memory loss so he wouldn't remember anyway.

Thank you very much.

However, if, as the article says, she left Smallwood, (9th St.), and walked 2 blocks North before ducking into the alley, that would be 11th Street. She would never have showed up on the alley video at 10th.

So, how can that be accurate?

Smallwood is between 8 and 9. So looks more like a block and a half before turning into alley on 10th. And why turn into alley?

Where were the keys found? I saw one map that showed them as an "X" on a rail along College, but another map showed them on a handrail on the N side of the College Apts W of the infamous N-S alley way.
<snip by me>
Sad to say, but forget your phone...OK, forget you shoes, phone and lose you keys all in a couple of hours....this poor girl was really messed up that night.

Okay, I think I am starting to put my own puzzle together, so if other can help set me straight that would be great.

Here is my *THEORY*, I think the keys were not on the rail originally. I think they were found, then put on the rail as if "hey, when they realize they lost their keys they will be right here."
I don't think they were left on the rail, I think they were found in the street. I've read reports on this (I can't find each article, I have been here all day, but the Indiana Daily Student has been my main source for hours now).

I think it was stated that the bar has a sand pit, like a beach type area, where you can take your shoes off and stick your feet in the sand. Hence, why her shoes were off.

I lose my phone daily, but that's because I am not a phone talky-talky person.

I do agree though, by the looks of reports and commenter's... she wasn't in a good state of mind that night. That's unfortunate.

:(

Yes, she took them off because there was sand, but she never got them back on and was walking around barefoot. In one evening she lost her shoes, her cell phone, her purse and her keys. By the way what happened to her jacket, the one she was carrying in the photo? Did she still have that with her, or did she lose that as well? It's not included in the updated description of the clothes she was wearing when she went missing, is it?

TG says witness is not a student, but is the age-range of the guy with the girl?

http://twitter.com/#!/gattotony

It sounds to me like since the witness came forward right away and told LE, LE doesn't believe it. They're not looking for this guy. They're looking for a white truck, and other stuff.

It seems the witness could fully believe they saw Lauren, but didn't.

I REALLY hope this Tony Gatto is of creditable character and really has this information he says he has (why MSM hasn't reported it is beyond me. Seems a sketch should of come out DAYS ago.)

I hope that this is for finding Lauren, and what happened to her, rather than drawing in hits/credit for himself. That would be unethical, so I am really throwing my hat in to the "humanity" aspect of his posts. Hope he is being truthful.

It sounds to me like since the witness came forward right away and told LE, LE doesn't believe it. They're not looking for this guy. They're looking for a white truck, and other stuff.

I understand what you are saying, but I think having a two pronged, maybe even three or four pronged approach at this point wouldn't be a bad thing. Lauren has been missing 2-weeks now.
I dunno, maybe there is LE reason for it.

Am still just going through The photos in different crops, contrasts, etc.. Just the basic of enhancement.. This is from the large entire truck view photo(the one with human like figure in the bed of the truck)..this is that photo cropped and zoomed in on the door panel to see if we could get a better visual of any writing or possible decal/logo.. I'll pat them side by side.. In the first one with the area of interest circled in Red with an arrow pointing directly at what looks like faint lettering.. And in the second one I traced what the faint lettering looked to be..

The timing of when witness claimed to have seen Lauren just doesn't fit with the rest of the story. I agree it (at least at this time) does not appear LE is thinking this is a credible lead, since they are not asking public to look for this guy.

TG says witness is not a student, but is the age-range of the guy with the girl?

http://twitter.com/#!/gattotony

Then in the twitter comments someone mentioned the "vigilante investigators" talking about his article last night on WS. TG responded that they should only know how credible he is. He seems to believe this witness saw Lauren.

They didn't take questions at the presser today, did they? It was pretty short, and very very sad listening to Mr. Spierer.

Are there any sightings of her at the bar, Kilroy's? Was she romantic (or flirting) with this CR there...maybe friend of JW saw this and tipped off the other friends to confront them at Smallwood?

The timing of when witness claimed to have seen Lauren just doesn't fit with the rest of the story. I agree it (at least at this time) does not appear LE is thinking this is a credible lead, since they are not asking public to look for this guy.

I agree, it doesn't fit the timeline. For all we know, LE may actually know the identity of that pair.

Are there any sightings of her at the bar, Kilroy's? Was she romantic (or flirting) with this CR there...maybe friend of JW saw this and tipped off the other friends to confront them at Smallwood?

I think it is a possibility.

So, if this isn't true, why is Tony Gatto reporting via twitter they are at police headquarters making a composite sketch?

I am so confused by his posts/blogs/tweets.

I think that if there is a sketch being made, and this person had come to LE a while ago (per him), and she has been questioned twice... I am going on repeat now... why didn't the sketch come out days ago?

So very frustrating.

I am picking a source for news in this case, just one. I am going with Indiana Daily Student.

No more venturing out for me, puts my head in a spin.

So, if this isn't true, why is Tony Gatto reporting via twitter they are at police headquarters making a composite sketch?

I am so confused by his posts/blogs/tweets.

I think that if there is a sketch being made, and this person had come to LE a while ago (per him), and she has been questioned twice... I am going on repeat now... why didn't the sketch come out days ago?

So very frustrating.

I am picking a source for news in this case, just one. I am going with Indiana Daily Student.

No more venturing out for me, puts my head in a spin.

Well all if might be true. There may be a witness who says she saw Lauren with a man at 3:38 am. But it doesn't mean LE believes this to be a credible lead. Maybe this witness saw someone else and is mistaken.

Then in the twitter comments someone mentioned the "vigilante investigators" talking about his article last night on WS. TG responded that they should only know how credible he is. He seems to believe this witness saw Lauren.

They didn't take questions at the presser today, did they? It was pretty short, and very very sad listening to Mr. Spierer.

TonyGatto.com has had some interesting articles so far, but it seems that if this additional witness story had any legs, LE would have said something about it by now. OR, maybe LE can fit this report into their timeline and don't want to confuse the public with it. For instance, let's say polo shirt guy was just horsing around with Lauren and actually took her unharmed to one of the apartments already mentioned. Maybe they've already spoken with him and cleared him. That could explain both the tonygatto story and LE not mentioning it.

My gut tells me that all the personal pleas from Mr/Mrs Spierer are targeted at those Lauren knew. LE and the Spierers think some POIs are holding out :banghead: and are trying to apply as much pressure (guilt, whatever) as possible.

Well all if might be true. There may be a witness who says she saw Lauren with a man at 3:38 am. But it doesn't mean LE believes this to be a credible lead. Maybe this witness saw someone else and is mistaken.

But, if true, or not, I don't see how a two or three pronged approach would hurt in finding a missing person?
I know there is always the "don't make a victim out of the innocent" ordeal, but had a sketch been given and that person found we would at least have a story of "oh no, that was me and so-and-so" or similar alibi.

For me, this information, true or not, leaves this huge gray area, where as a parent I don't enjoy.
I'd rather LE confront it and either remove that speculation or add it to the information at hand.

I hope that makes sense. I should add, I am no LE, but I am a parent. I personally would want that information for myself, and everyone in the area. (*Which is why, if this isn't true, and Laurens parents do read the media on rss (like most of us), finding this information out there but not being able to grasp this/a straw could be very damaging.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners