5/15/2012--Sentencing

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/15/michael-raffertys-statement-to-the-court

This little tidbit was part of the 's statement to the family:

"Notwithstanding though, I do believe that I am a very definite part of why Victoria is not here today"

He admits himself he's part of why Tori isn't alive, in court, in front of everyone!!:banghead:

This is why I believe his appeal is based on the sexual assault question that the jury posed to the judge during their deliberations and the answer that they were given.

The sexual assault charge is the one that cemented his first degree murder charge. Remember he tried to indicate that he had no idea why Victoria was in the car and that TLM was the one who killed her, which TLM admitted to.

So his appeal, IMO, will be based on the fact that just because Victoria was found without clothing from the waist down, that does not constitute sexual assault on his part. And that the judge was incorrect in telling the jury that it does. Or that they didn't "apprehend" (LOL) what the judge meant in his answer.

Of course he's forgetting about all the extra evidence we all know about. The whole country knows why Victoria was abducted. I hope if by some remote chance an appeal is granted, that the excluded evidence is allowed in since it was obtained prior to the warrant revisions.

And I'm plenty po'd that my tax dollars are being wasted on this ...again. :maddening:

MOO

This is why I believe his appeal is based on the sexual assault question that the jury posed to the judge during their deliberations and the answer that they were given.

The sexual assault charge is the one that cemented his first degree murder charge. Remember he tried to indicate that he had no idea why Victoria was in the car and that TLM was the one who killed her, which TLM admitted to.

So his appeal, IMO, will be based on the fact that just because Victoria was found without clothing from the waist down, that does not constitute sexual assault on his part. And that the judge was incorrect in telling the jury that it does. Or that they didn't "apprehend" (LOL) what the judge meant in his answer.

Of course he's forgetting about all the extra evidence we all know about. The whole country knows why Victoria was abducted. I hope if by some remote chance an appeal is granted, that the excluded evidence is allowed in since it was obtained prior to the warrant revisions.

And I'm plenty po'd that my tax dollars are being wasted on this ...again. :maddening:

MOO

I think that by the time they came back into court to ask the question about 'removing the clothing" they had already decided and were 100% sure that MR was guilty of kidnapping which means that removing her clothing in that type of situation would be considered forceful which would be considered sexual assault. Maybe he is trying to say he's not guilty of penetration, but like his lawyer said, he tried to remove her clothing so she could go pee. I think the jury emphatically understood that you don't remove 95% of a child's clothing just so she can go pee. Couple that with the other evidence.

According to this, Rafferty apparently filed this appeal on his own, without legal representation.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=733625

That does not mean he can't get a lawyer involved later. According to this lawyer, he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Thanks for the link Jayfriend. In the video link above, the lawyer also said that MR would have an uphill battle is he is granted an appeal.

I'm heartened that whatever happens concerning this appeal, it won't make it easier for MR.

"The jury failed to apprehend the evidentiary requirement to convict for first-degree murder," according to his handwritten notice.

Well, in his short tenure as Inmate Zero, he seems to think he knows more about evidence than the 12 good peeps who put him there.

He might want to consider brushing up on another 1st degree murder case where the defendent was convicted on circumstantial evidence alone ... and DENIED his SCC appeal !!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Su...murderers+appeal+town+hall/7029915/story.html

:) :)

Oh, excuse me while I roflmao.

These words right out of this monster's mouth makes him guilty in the death of Tori Stafford. Notwithstanding though, I do believe that I am a very definite part of why Victoria is not here today. He's so stupid in his appeal he chooses to lay fault on the judge instead of fighting one of the three charges. For this he will lose. Sadly this appeal will not bring an end to this case nor will it bring Tori back. I am not sure of the legal process and what MR's rights are if his appeal is denied, but sadly I don't think we've heard the last from him. I believe he can use what is termed collateral attack, reversal of judgement. I don't think he will go away quietly. Does anyone know what other options he has if his appeal is denied?

I've wondered many a times if TM ever did pay him a visit. And if so, what did he have to say?

To Tara McDonald, for the past three years I've had so much to say on my behalf.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/15/michael-raffertys-statement-to-the-court

I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other

hahahhaha.. Man i have a big mouth I think I would have said something LOL :floorlaugh:

LOL Well i did blurt out "What the he77 is wrong with her" I just assumed she would say that her Son had done something horrible but that he was still her son etc. etc. I was shocked. Shocked i tell ya. Not sure why in this day and age. I guess it's beyond surreal when one actually sees/hears up close and personal stuff we read here. That was my experience anyway.

MOO but thinking back to his interrogation/questioning videos he came off as wimpy to me. There was no sign of a tough street guy persona. I relished that with the conviction knowing where he was going. I picture him in a corner of his cell curled up in a ball frantically trying to write something,anything to get him out of that he77 hole. The stench,the screams,the howls 24/7 :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thank you Jayfriend for that video. It was very informative and it enlightened my heart to know monster's chances for a successful appeal is slim to none.

Hellokitty thank you for the legal information regarding the process. Very good to know in this case.

Kamille I had the same thought as you regarding the question the juror posed to the judge being his reason for appeal. IIRC didn't the judge get somewhat irritated by one of the questions posed by the jury? Maybe because they were unclear in their questioning to the judge?

IMHO I don't see MR being smart enough to have come up with a reason to base an appeal on. I highly assume it was his mother (or those who may support her) who came up with that reason. Oh course MR would be the one who would have to file it, but it doesn't mean he used his brain to come up with a reason for one. He probably missed the deadline because he is limited to calls and used up all his calls to call mommy and cry. Yes he definitely comes off as a wimpy whiner. :moo:

Crazylady who do you mean by "they" when you say I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other. I cannot see the reasoning behind this as long as both parties are open/willing to talk. As far as I know, anyone who would be interested enough to chat with MR :yuck::puke:, is free to do so as long as he is willing to see them during allocated visiting privileges ect. kwim.

Bravo personally and all just my opinion of course, I was and still am disgusted by what MR's mother had to say to the media. First off she should have had the decency to acknowledge Tori's family and share her condolences. For three years she had time to prepare a speech, she knew her five minutes of fame would come to speak to the media. Bottom line is, she didn't have to speak period. All she manage to do was p!ss people off with the A typical response of a naive mother who was willing to stick up for her psychotic, pedophile, murdering, son and point the finger at his accomplice. "TLM has ruined our lives". Pfffttt what about your son who has ruined Tori's life and her family's lives?! Don't take anyone elses' suffering into account; it's all about.... enough said.

I will forever wonder how some people can live with themselves.

Sillybilly as peeved off about all of this; waste of time and money, I'm right beside you roflmao, move over. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Hopefully his appeal will go nowhere and he cannot get legal aid support. He should have to earn the money while incarcerated to pay his own expenses now. Just my wishful thinking of course.

I'm not worried about his appeal. I actually find it quite amusing to know he hates his life now and is desperate enough to file such a ridiculous appeal. As I said previously, desperate people do desperate things. Grasping at straws...poor Mikey. All JMHO.

BTW this video speaks of MR wanting to give TM the "missing pieces of the puzzle" and her response to reporters. I've never seen this video from May after MR's sentencing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/The+National/The+National+On+Demand/ID/2235146361/?page=4

wow ...just reading apppeal ...and just read the response to the Tori law from our gov;t...very hard to understand...IMO full of political gov't jargon...I hope someone posts ithere as it is late at night when i found the response ...posted ..and i am deeply saddened about this all...Please help post gov't response here fellow websleuthers...exhausted ..again deeply upset ...as you read our gov;t response to the Tori law you will understand..I am not going to get into a discussuon...very deeply sadden again...robynhood.

Huge waste! More Canadian money wasted on this .

Thank you Jayfriend for that video. It was very informative and it enlightened my heart to know monster's chances for a successful appeal is slim to none.

Hellokitty thank you for the legal information regarding the process. Very good to know in this case.

Kamille I had the same thought as you regarding the question the juror posed to the judge being his reason for appeal. IIRC didn't the judge get somewhat irritated by one of the questions posed by the jury? Maybe because they were unclear in their questioning to the judge?

IMHO I don't see MR being smart enough to have come up with a reason to base an appeal on. I highly assume it was his mother (or those who may support her) who came up with that reason. Oh course MR would be the one who would have to file it, but it doesn't mean he used his brain to come up with a reason for one. He probably missed the deadline because he is limited to calls and used up all his calls to call mommy and cry. Yes he definitely comes off as a wimpy whiner. :moo:

Crazylady who do you mean by "they" when you say I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other. I cannot see the reasoning behind this as long as both parties are open/willing to talk. As far as I know, anyone who would be interested enough to chat with MR :yuck::puke:, is free to do so as long as he is willing to see them during allocated visiting privileges ect. kwim.

Bravo personally and all just my opinion of course, I was and still am disgusted by what MR's mother had to say to the media. First off she should have had the decency to acknowledge Tori's family and share her condolences. For three years she had time to prepare a speech, she knew her five minutes of fame would come to speak to the media. Bottom line is, she didn't have to speak period. All she manage to do was p!ss people off with the A typical response of a naive mother who was willing to stick up for her psychotic, pedophile, murdering, son and point the finger at his accomplice. "TLM has ruined our lives". Pfffttt what about your son who has ruined Tori's life and her family's lives?! Don't take anyone elses' suffering into account; it's all about.... enough said.

I will forever wonder how some people can live with themselves.

Sillybilly as peeved off about all of this; waste of time and money, I'm right beside you roflmao, move over. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Hopefully his appeal will go nowhere and he cannot get legal aid support. He should have to earn the money while incarcerated to pay his own expenses now. Just my wishful thinking of course.

I'm not worried about his appeal. I actually find it quite amusing to know he hates his life now and is desperate enough to file such a ridiculous appeal. As I said previously, desperate people do desperate things. Grasping at straws...poor Mikey. All JMHO.

BTW this video speaks of MR wanting to give TM the "missing pieces of the puzzle" and her response to reporters. I've never seen this video from May after MR's sentencing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/The+National/The+National+On+Demand/ID/2235146361/?page=4

Sorry someone mentioned Tlm talking to mr and I was just responding saying that I didn't think that we're allowed to speak to each other. I am not sure how they could. Mail??? Anyways sorry for the confusing post :)

I believe that MR will have a difficult time getting his appeal approved, however, if it comes to that, I'm sure there is a way through social media and by spreading the word what this is all about. There is no way that no one in Ontario by now that should not be aware of all the stuff that came out after his trial and what he and TLM did to Tori. Personally, I will be using my Facebook account and Twitter account to spread the word. It's a good start and I will feel like I have made a difference I hope. This SOB should not be let out to hurt other children.... ever.

I believe that MR will have a difficult time getting his appeal approved, however, if it comes to that, I'm sure there is a way through social media and by spreading the word what this is all about. There is no way that no one in Ontario by now that should not be aware of all the stuff that came out after his trial and what he and TLM did to Tori. Personally, I will be using my Facebook account and Twitter account to spread the word. It's a good start and I will feel like I have made a difference I hope. This SOB should not be let out to hurt other children.... ever.

And if he does get out, whether it now, in 25 years, in 50 years, or 100 years, he WILL do it again. The moment he is let out is the moment he has gotten away with it.

..read the letter posted from honorable Rob Nilson...N/T helped me post here....as I asked assistance..I was too upset to post it when i found it on FB site for TORI! ...i think it states in all that political Jargon...Canada DOES NOT PLAN ON LETTING Michael Rafferty out ..EVER...THANK GOD..found guilty as we all know of of everything accused...IMO...May MR . rot in his own H_LL...what a horrrible person to put Poor Tori only 9 thru i.......z>>> her final hours with us on earth...as the judge said" you MR>RAFFERTY ARe a MONSTER...I agree totally...robynhood.

Department of Justice Website - Appeals Rules and Procedures

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SI-93-169/

everything you wanted to know about appeals, and inmate appeals is listed there.

---

btw, the word 'apprehend' in his notice of appeal is actually correct, it means the jury failed to grasp mentally, or understand the 'evidentiary requirements to convict him of first degree murder'. I guess he thinks the jury was too stupid to understand the evidence and just decided to convict him of 1st degree murder for the hell of it.

btw, the word 'apprehend' in his notice of appeal is actually correct, it means the jury failed to grasp mentally, or understand the 'evidentiary requirements to convict him of first degree murder'. I guess he thinks the jury was too stupid to understand the evidence and just decided to convict him of 1st degree murder for the hell of it.
<RSBM>

I am humbled and angry that MR is smarter than I am. DAMN !! :)

<RSBM>

I am humbled and angry that MR is smarter than I am. DAMN !! :)

Lol SB!! There is no way MR is smarter than you!! I wonder if he got help from this group: http://law.queensu.ca/students/correctional.html
The only program of its kind in Canada, the Queen's Correctional Law Project provides legal advice, assistance and representation in the area of correctional law. The program deals with inmate appeals against conviction and sentence for inmates of the nine federal penitentiaries in the Kingston area and Warkworth Institution near Campbellford, Ontario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back