GUILTY Canada - Romeo Cormier for holding 54yo woman captive, Moncton, NB, 2010

26137_10150092199615707_715380706_11259476_5906385_n.jpg

27173_497518085706_715380706_11205792_3700935_n.jpg
12330_1235525491114_1318503817_30597625_4336336_n.jpg

25932_10150109737260707_715380706_11350318_6183146_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=335087383757&view=all

The cameras are apparently motion-sensored, so there is a time-lapse between all of the people coming and going.

I agree... the reflections are distorting ... and the hanging sign is poorly placed!

Looks like she has her car keys in her hand as she is leaving .

This is a baffling case. Donna disappears in a matter of seconds.
The walk from the back entrance to her parking lot
appears that she would pass by many different cars.
Cars all around where someone could have accosted her, or just
picked her up and abducted her.
There also are many different businesses around the parking area.

Some ideas:
It was around 8pm, so it was dark outside with just parking area lights
to see by.
I wonder if she had any routine as she left work.
Did she stop outside and make a cell phone call or if she smoked, maybe
to have a cigarette?
Did she always wave to the 'hanger ons' outside the doorway?

or

I guess someone she knew could have been near the entrance she left,
and offered to drive her to her car, esp., if the weather was bad or it was cold out?
Maybe another employee who left about the same time, but had already got to his/her car.?

I would hope that LE are interviewing everyone she worked with at H and R Block.

chronology in the disappearance of Moncton’s Donna O’Rielly,

Friday, Feb. 26

Before 8 p.m. — Things are slow at H&R Block’s office located in The Bay in Highfield Square. Donna O’Rielly, 54, calls the main office on Mountain Road to see if they need her help, as she often stops in to lend a hand on her way back to her home on Front Mountain Road. O’Rielly is told she is not needed that night, so she gets ready to head home.

8:08 p.m. — O’Rielly exits The Bay through the south entrance at the back of the building. The back of the building faces the CN Rail main line through the city and the nearest buildings with windows overlooking the mall are office complexes a considerable distance away across the railroad property. At that hour they would be largely empty. A high chain-link fence separates the mall parking lot from the train tracks. She is wearing a medium-length brown suede-like jacket and jeans. Her purse and lunch bag are slung over her left shoulder and she appears to be carrying her keys in her hand. O’Rielly’s car is in the main parking lot that runs along Main Street.

Friday evening — O’Rielly’s husband, Harold O’Rielly doesn’t worry when his wife doesn’t arrive home shortly after 8 p.m. Her shift doesn’t end at a fixed time and she usually finishes her day sometime between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Harold has supper ready for when she comes in and settles down to watch the men’s semi-final game against Slovakia at the Winter Olympics. Donna is a big sports fan and he knows she’s looking forward to getting home to watch the game. He dozes off on the couch waiting for her. Near midnight — Harold O’Rielly wakes to find his wife still hasn’t returned home. He calls his sister, who lives in Moncton, and when she tells him she hasn’t heard from Donna either, he immediately phones the RCMP. Donna O’Rielly has been missing for about four hours.

Early hours of Saturday morning — Police find Donna O’Rielly’s car parked in the mall’s parking lot and the investigation grows.

Sunday, Feb. 28

Police and volunteers from Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue conduct a ground search around Highfield Square and along the nearby CN Rail main line, looking through dumpsters and in bushes for clues to O’Rielly’s disappearance. Police dogs aid in the search and an RCMP helicopter conducts an aerial search of that area, along the Petitcodiac River and its tributaries, and places like the West Lane pit and various wooded areas.

Monday, March 1 Members of O’Rielly’s family gather in Moncton. Besides her two daughters, Karen Streek of Petawawa, Ont., and Amy Popowych of Ottawa, Ont., within the week all but two of O’Rielly’s 11 siblings will arrive from across the country to offer each other support and help as much as they can in the search. From the first, O’Rielly’s family makes it abundantly clear that she would never willingly go anywhere without informing them. They say they suspect O’Rielly has been abducted.

Tuesday, March 2 Codiac Regional RCMP ask anyone who was at Highfield Square or in or near the mall’s parking lot from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the night of O’Rielly’s disappearance to contact them, even if they feel they have no information to offer.

Wednesday, March 3 Donna O’Rielly’s family holds a news conference in her home to appeal for her safe return. They explain O’Rielly was going through one of the happiest periods of her life. Harold O’Rielly had just retired, she was about to retire in the next couple of weeks and the couple had a long-awaited trip to Florida planned. Streek is pregnant with her third child, a baby the happy grandmother was looking forward to. Popowych is also expecting, but O’Rielly did not know that.

The two sisters were at Popowych’s home in Ottawa the night O’Rielly disappeared, waiting for their mother to return home from work so they could call her and share the news.

Friday, March 5 Codiac RCMP releases two video clips from the surveillance cameras inside The Bay. One shows the south entrance, through which Donna O’Rielly exited, the other the east or main entrance of the store. O’Rielly can be seen leaving the building in one of the clips, but police are more interested in speaking with all of the other people shown in the footage, who entered or left the mall within minutes of O’Rielly’s departure. They are hoping these witnesses may have seen or heard something that would lead to O’Rielly being found. Police say that at this point more than 200 tips have come in about the case.

Sunday, March 7 O’Rielly’s family holds a candle-light vigil at St. Bernard’s Church in Moncton. More than 300 people gather to pray and sing hymns and support the O’Rielly family.

Monday, March 8 Police have succeeded in speaking to some of the people in the video footage, but continue to ask others to come forward.

Tuesday, March 9 Police release two photos taken from a surveillance camera at the rear entrance of Highfield Square near the food court. One shows a man entering the mall, another a woman leaving. Police ask to speak to both as they believe they may have been in the parking lot when O’Rielly was leaving.

Wednesday, March 10 O’Rielly’s family announces a $25,000 reward is being offered for O’Rielly’s return.

Police announce they have been in contact with the man and woman in the most recently released surveillance photos.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/980586

To me, reading about Donna O'Rielly's information,
she was abducted.
She seems to be very much into her husband and family.
She is retiring soon. Her husband just retired.
Plans for a Florida trip.
Seems to have a good work ethic, calls the main branch
of H/R Block to see if they need help before she leaves
for home.

And then disappears.
Nothing of hers is found. No purse, no lunch bag...both being carried
by strap over her shoulder.
No car keys which were in her hands.
Her car is still in the parking lot.
No search dogs find her scent.

No matter who took her or where they did so,
they did it quietly and she did not drop
any of her belongings.

So, a stranger:
He/she would have to maybe use a stun gun?
Even then, if she fell she would drop her keys.

Or if a known person:
She could have gotten into their car
for whatever reason.

They must have security cameras near a lot of the businesses
surrounding the mall.
There are several car exits and entrances there.
I would imagine LE has checked those
for any car leaving about the time she
was taken.

I noticed that as well, didn't drop anything she was carrying.

chronology in the disappearance of Moncton’s Donna O’Rielly,

Friday, Feb. 26

[snipped....]Before 8 p.m. — Things are slow at H&R Block’s office located in The Bay in Highfield Square. Donna O’Rielly, 54, calls the main office on Mountain Road to see if they need her help, as she often stops in to lend a hand on her way back to her home on Front Mountain Road. O’Rielly is told she is not needed that night, so she gets ready to head home.

8:08 p.m. — O’Rielly exits The Bay through the south entrance at the back of the building. The back of the building faces the CN Rail main line through the city and the nearest buildings with windows overlooking the mall are office complexes a considerable distance away across the railroad property. At that hour they would be largely empty. A high chain-link fence separates the mall parking lot from the train tracks. She is wearing a medium-length brown suede-like jacket and jeans. Her purse and lunch bag are slung over her left shoulder and she appears to be carrying her keys in her hand. O’Rielly’s car is in the main parking lot that runs along Main Street.

Friday evening — O’Rielly’s husband, Harold O’Rielly doesn’t worry when his wife doesn’t arrive home shortly after 8 p.m. Her shift doesn’t end at a fixed time and she usually finishes her day sometime between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Harold has supper ready for when she comes in and settles down to watch the men’s semi-final game against Slovakia at the Winter Olympics. Donna is a big sports fan and he knows she’s looking forward to getting home to watch the game. He dozes off on the couch waiting for her. Near midnight — Harold O’Rielly wakes to find his wife still hasn’t returned home. He calls his sister, who lives in Moncton, and when she tells him she hasn’t heard from Donna either, he immediately phones the RCMP. Donna O’Rielly has been missing for about four hours.

Early hours of Saturday morning — Police find Donna O’Rielly’s car parked in the mall’s parking lot and the investigation grows.

Sunday, Feb. 28

Police and volunteers from Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue conduct a ground search around Highfield Square and along the nearby CN Rail main line, looking through dumpsters and in bushes for clues to O’Rielly’s disappearance. Police dogs aid in the search and an RCMP helicopter conducts an aerial search of that area, along the Petitcodiac River and its tributaries, and places like the West Lane pit and various wooded areas.

Monday, March 1 Members of O’Rielly’s family gather in Moncton. Besides her two daughters, Karen Streek of Petawawa, Ont., and Amy Popowych of Ottawa, Ont., within the week all but two of O’Rielly’s 11 siblings will arrive from across the country to offer each other support and help as much as they can in the search. From the first, O’Rielly’s family makes it abundantly clear that she would never willingly go anywhere without informing them. They say they suspect O’Rielly has been abducted.

Tuesday, March 2 Codiac Regional RCMP ask anyone who was at Highfield Square or in or near the mall’s parking lot from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the night of O’Rielly’s disappearance to contact them, even if they feel they have no information to offer.

Wednesday, March 3 Donna O’Rielly’s family holds a news conference in her home to appeal for her safe return. They explain O’Rielly was going through one of the happiest periods of her life. Harold O’Rielly had just retired, she was about to retire in the next couple of weeks and the couple had a long-awaited trip to Florida planned. Streek is pregnant with her third child, a baby the happy grandmother was looking forward to. Popowych is also expecting, but O’Rielly did not know that.

The two sisters were at Popowych’s home in Ottawa the night O’Rielly disappeared, waiting for their mother to return home from work so they could call her and share the news.[...........snipped]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

thanks for the timeline ruby!!

i stopped aburptly right after the bbm....

here's the thing - wouldn't the sisters have been phoning their mother, kinda "chomping at the bit" sts - since they were waiting to give her such exciting news?!?!

which leads me back to Harold dozing off watching the men's semi-final - he said around 8ish and waking up near midnight to find she's not home yet?

why haven't the girls phoned to see if mom's home???....you know, waiting to share the excitement and all! and when she hadn't called and it was getting later and later, wouldn't you call?!?! i sure would....

I don't want to say where my mind took me initially when I heard this story. I tried to steer away but now my mind is back at my initial reaction.

:(

Her husband, Harold, contacted police after he found her empty car in the mall’s parking lot.[
QUOTE][/QUOTE]

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/donna-o’reilly/

Harold O’Rielly wakes to find his wife still hasn’t returned home. He calls his sister, who lives in Moncton, and when she tells him she hasn’t heard from Donna either, he immediately phones the RCMP. Donna O’Rielly has been missing for about four hours.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/980586

Okay, which is it. Her husband finds her car at mall or wakes up at midnight,and she isn't home and calls police.

I'm bringing articles from Donna's Information and Support Thread.

Some of the comments are from people that either know the mall, know the area, or have worked in the mall. Their insights help a lot to understand how dark and unprotected the parking lot area is. I have also read that there was a storm that Friday night, and the men's olympic semi-finals, so there was not a lot of people around.

Also, there are some interesting observations regarding the surveillance videos. After reading butterflygirl 's(Posted 2010/03/08
at 3:59 PM ET} comment, I watched for that, and I'm now not sure if it is a man coming inside at the same time as the old couple exits, or if the woman stays and waits between the doors until her husband brings the car to the door? Is difficult to tell, because the camera is motion-sensored, as you said funnygirl.

This is a VIDEO of Donna's two daughters plea, husband and members of her family:
http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1430432677

Missing Moncton woman's family pleads for help
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/03/03/nb-missing-moncton-woman-family.html
nb-orielly-family.jpg
tp-nb-harold-orielly.jpg

The other CBC article has already been posted here.

Eldon225 (Posted 2010/03/11 at 3:51 PM ET) has an interesting comment. By no means I am saying this person is correct, it is just this person's opinion, but I thought it was interesting (JMO). He/she is talking about the Main Entrance video:
The very first frame shows three guys, one of them looking at her and then quickly turning and putting his hand in front of his month while speaking to the two other guys with him. It would take two guys to shove and physically restrain her while a third person is doing the driving. They should be looking for those three guys priority one.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunsw...eo-released.html#socialcomments#ixzz0i6tjfSYj

This also makes me wonder why Donna didn't exit through that door. She just had to turn left and if I'm not wrong (and there is a big possibility I am wrong), wouldn't that door be closer to the parking lot where her car is shown on that great image RubyRed posted above?

I agree, which is it? Where was the husband from around 7:30pm through to midnight?

I have to admit my mind had been going to other places other than the 'abduction' theory and well prior to my posting of this thread.

Regarding the one report stating that he saw her car at the mall places him there at the mall and the closest to her/her car. Hmmm.

The second report states he fell asleep, awoke around midnight - and called his sister in search of his wife? Odd to call the sister at that time of night looking for his wife. Hmmm.

I take it Donna did not have a cell phone?

And ........ even more puzzling/disturbing:
His daughters call {I wonder what time that was - in the family video daughter states they used Skype to contact their father?} and he tells them she must have gone into Head Office to work and for them to call back in the morning

Wouldn't it be more plausible that if he were actually under the assumption she was just running late or offered help at another H&R block location... that he would ask for his daughter(s) to call back in a half-hour or so......... not the morning!
.............................. unless he already knew Donna's was not returning that evening at all.

No breaks in case of missing woman
Published Monday March 8th, 2010

RCMP continued to pore through tips during the weekend, so far to little avail with no big breakthroughs as of last night. They continue to ask everyone to watch the security camera footage from The Bay, showing O'Rielly leaving the store, never to be seen again.

The Mounties have about 50 investigators on the case, including a dog team and their police helicopter, chasing more than 200 tips.

The Mounties also would like anyone who was at Highfield Square or in or around the parking lot of the mall between 6 and 9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26, to call them at 1-506-857-2400.

Anonymous information is also being accepted by Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or 1-800-222-8477.

Even if you were in the vicinity of the store or its parking lot on Friday evening but didn't seen O'Rielly, police say it's important to call them anyway. Something that doesn't seem important to you might prove pivotal to the case and they'd like to talk to everyone who was in or around the store that evening.

The family also reminds area residents that they might have seen something suspicion even days before O'Rielly disappeared two Fridays ago.
RSBM
read more : http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/977967

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member