17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to blame the Miami school district for George killing Trayvon? Maybe we should blame George's parents too for raising a violent career criminal (plea-bargained 2 felonies "away" & RO for domestic violence but that's only what we know of) who can't seem to hold a job or finish a 2-yr degree in 10 years? Makes just as much sense, imo. JMO

:moo:

This makes him a cold blooded murderer?

I'm really surprised we didn't hear this from the judge in open court, like we did from the other judge. It's not up to US to urge for his recusal, it's up to the attorney's.

Was she a homicide prosecutor when GZ's cases went through their office? Do homicide prosecutor's only prosecute homicides?

I would hate for either party, to get through the entire tria,l and have one of them cry foul, because this judge is married to a prosecutor in the office, of the other cases. I think it would be grounds for appeal, unless agreed upon in advance.

Why would the judge even know at that point, that the defendant MIGHT have had previous cases YEARS AGO in another county? The fact that he didn't know makes me think it is meaningless.

Homicide prosecutors only work very serious cases, nothing like the minor ones that GZ previously had.

The sound when the door opens. Would this be the type of sound that warns one that he has left his keys in the ignition? or left the headlights on? Getting out to look for a criminal on the loose, while leaving his keys in the ignition would not display good judgement IMO.

Why would the judge even know at that point, that the defendant MIGHT have had previous cases YEARS AGO in another county? The fact that he didn't know makes me think it is meaningless.

Homicide prosecutors only work very serious cases, nothing like the minor ones that GZ previously had.
When you are charged with any crime, all of your files get transferred to prosecution and the judge.

When you are charged with any crime, all of your files get transferred to prosecution and the judge.

If his wife's NAME had been attached to any of his cases, I am sure the judge would have recused himself.

But are we going to say that ANY client that gets arrested in Orange County at some point cannot go on trial before this judge because his wife works in that SA office?

I really can't see the defense asking the judge to recuse himself if the only issue is that the judge's wife works in the same prosecutor's office that dismissed charges against GZ. Judges aren't supposed to comment on their cases - he did the right thing in not giving the reporter a statement on the matter.

If his wife's NAME had been attached to any of his cases, I am sure the judge would have recused himself.

But are we going to say that ANY client that gets arrested in Orange County at some point cannot go on trial before this judge because his wife works in that SA office?

Is it just me, or is this headline a bit misleading....and reaching.

"Rob Redding Reports: Judge In Trayvon Martin Case Refuses To Answer Questions About Wife’s Role In Earlier Zimmerman Arrests"

He said he couldn't comment. There is nothing at all in the article about his wife's "role" in anything.

Redding says he got this information from a newspaper, but doesn't mention which one.

Seems like someone is not keen on Lester presiding over this case.

The sound when the door opens. Would this be the type of sound that warns one that he has left his keys in the ignition? or left the headlights on? Getting out to look for a criminal on the loose, while leaving his keys in the ignition would not display good judgement IMO.

I'm not sure what the sound was. Mine dings if I leave the keys in it though, and maybe when I don't turn the lights off inside. Maybe he wasn't going after a criminal, but just trying to see where the suspicious guy went.

The file is sent to an intake attorney at the State Attorney's office - that attorney determines whether or not to recommend charges or to dismiss, etc. They are covered up with cases, I doubt his would stand out. If someone asked for favors, maybe, but otherwise, he'd have been just a number. JMO

It didn't seem to impress the Judge much.

That's pretty scary, imo. The judge completely minimized George's 2 felony charges & domestic violence episodes imo and has ruled in O'Mara's favor every time. I wouldn't be surprised if O'Mara and Lester are friends on the outside since they've probably worked together for years & to me that is a conflict of interest, a lot moreso than the previous judge's husband working with Nejame.

I've thought there was something hinky about Judge Lester's courtroom behavior ever since he let George speak directly to gallery spectators (the victim's parents, for pete's sake!!!) from the witness stand with supposed condolences but then he refused to let the state question him? JMO.

He was bonded out pretty easily. If the judge thought he was a violent criminal that posed a danger to society he would still be in jail. imo

Would that be the Judge whose wife works as a Prosecutor in the same office that let George out of two felony charges previously? He did bond out pretty easily didn't he? What luck.

Is it just me, or is this headline a bit misleading....and reaching.

"Rob Redding Reports: Judge In Trayvon Martin Case Refuses To Answer Questions About Wife’s Role In Earlier Zimmerman Arrests"

He said he couldn't comment. There is nothing at all in the article about his wife's "role" in anything.

Redding says he got this information from a newspaper, but doesn't mention which one.

Seems like someone is not keen on Lester presiding over this case.

I agree. Nothing in that article says anything about his wife having any kind of personal role in any previous cases. I think the state wants this judge out of there. LOL

And from my experience in my Dad's office, he used to say, if the state wants the experienced level headed judge off the case---that usually means they are not confident with their evidence. JMO

Would that be the Judge whose wife works as a Prosecutor in the same office that let George out of two felony charges previously? He did bond out pretty easily didn't he? What luck.

What does his wife have to do with anything? Did she prosecute his former cases? If not, then it is meaningless.

The file is sent to an intake attorney at the State Attorney's office - that attorney determines whether or not to recommend charges or to dismiss, etc. They are covered up with cases, I doubt his would stand out. If someone asked for favors, maybe, but otherwise, he'd have been just a number. JMO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/trayvon-martin-lawyer-rai_n_1403282.html

In an interview with ThinkProgress, Natalie Jackson said that the elder Zimmerman, a former magistrate judge, understands "“what probable cause needs to be” in order to arrest a suspect or to issue a warrant. Robert Zimmerman was present when the police questioned his son the day after the shooting and re-enacted the incident.

Jackson told ThinkProgress that the elder Zimmerman's presence was possibly inappropriate because "we don't know what coaching went on."

I would agree but the from what I have read is that the vandalism was not spray paint, but a magic marker found on him, which he had used to write three letters "W*F? on a school locker.

Which is not a reason for 10 days suspension, it could have easily been removed. IIRC, this is when they found the jewelry.

That's pretty scary, imo. The judge completely minimized George's 2 felony charges & domestic violence episodes imo and has ruled in O'Mara's favor every time. I wouldn't be surprised if O'Mara and Lester are friends on the outside since they've probably worked together for years & to me that is a conflict of interest, a lot moreso than the previous judge's husband working with Nejame.

I've thought there was something hinky about Judge Lester's courtroom behavior ever since he let George speak directly to gallery spectators (the victim's parents, for pete's sake!!!) from the witness stand with supposed condolences but then he refused to let the state question him? JMO.

A judge is not allowed to take former CHARGES into account. He only takes GUILTY VERDICTS into account.

Would you want to be judged in court for something that was DROPPED and you were never found guilty of?

Is this not America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member