OK - Douglas Polk for kidnapping, rape of 5yo girl, Broken Arrow, 2007

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
I am so grateful she is alive, but this makes me so ANGRY. :furious: I hope they catch this soon!

I feel so sorry for this little girl and her parents. I will be interested in what kind of sentence will be in store for him. Oklahoma has such a varied record of time or punishment in such cases. :furious: :furious: :furious:

:furious:The man who kidnapped a 5-year-old Broken Arrow girl from the front yard of her home and sexually assaulted her is the object of an intense manhunt by Broken Arrow Police. So far, police have little to go on. News On 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright reports the girl was taken Thursday evening in what Broken Arrow Police call a "snatch and go" abduction. That is where a pedophile sees an opportunity, for example, a girl playing in a yard, takes her and violates her. The good news, the 5-year-old girl is alive and in a hospital.

She's still in the hospital tonight, recovering from surgery.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=136412

:furious:The hunt for a child predator continues after a 5-year-old was kidnapped and raped in Broken Arrow. The neighbors of the girl are in shock. News On 6 Anchor Latoya Silmon reports Broken Arrow Police say that the suspect dumped the little girl off in a rural neighborhood Thursday.

http://www.kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=136450

:furious: :furious: ...these stories are becomming way to common.....the harshest penalities should be carried out on these scumbags.

:furious: :furious: ...these stories are becomming way to common.....the harshest penalities should be carried out on these scumbags.

Maybe we should lobby/petition/march and get tazered, that they recieve the death penalty for the first murder of a child's innocence and violent abuse of his/her body. It would stop them from raping and moving on to murder more of our children. It really isn't such a far-fetched concept, and these preverts aren't good for anything anyway.

The problem is...the reason they kill their victims more today is because it leaves no witnesses to incriminate them because they face harsher penalties (in most states). I am glad he left her alive (even if she has a lifetime of anguish to overcome...still wonderful news~!)

However, our state has been so diverse on the sentences for these predators. The worst I have seen was the man given six years for raping an 11yo child while the mother held a pillow over her face (she got life, but he actually raped the girl!) to stiffer sentences. They believe "making a deal" is worth it. I don't. If a knows enough about other scumbags to get such a deal...why would you ever let them out to associate?! (I am still burned about the 6 year deal! GRRRR! He rolled over on a bunch of "bikers".)

The world would have to be a far better place with the scumbags removed from it...we dont have the death penality and our jails are full of murders and molesters , it hurts to see workers taxes go to the upkeep of these lowlives when bullets are a cheaper alternative.

I didn't realize that Australia didn't have the Death Penalty. Sounds like Aussies need to rise up and change that!

I agree...there is no reason to waste the resources it takes to keep them locked up. They are a waste of skin, air, and energy. Their bodies would find better use in a lab somewhere to cure the ills of society.

I am going to pray for a total recovery of mind and body for this little girl. She had to have surgery :furious: That just breaks my heart. I am shocked that he didn't kill her. Evidentally no one saw him and he figured the little girl is to young to identify him. For whatever reason I'm just glad that she is alive. I hate to think what the poor little thing went through though and is still going through. That should never happen to a little child.

Hopfully this pervert will be caught and they won't do a plea bargain so that he will plead guilty :furious: He deserves everything that the law can throw at him. These judges and Prosecutors need to get their heads out of their rears and get a clue....lock him up and throw away the key.

I read it...but I don't see how they could arrive at such a decision! Some people must feel it is too harsh for religious reasons...I am guessing. They need to be removed and replaced! Your laws need to change!

To feed and keep such animals caged is absurd unless they sell tickets to antagonize and demoralize them...which we know isn't done either.

I think our predators should be kept in an open prison like Zoo animals...so people can "visit" them and treat them accordingly. They deserve the abuse from the public since they aren't allowed the abuse from inside the prisons! Makes me angry they aren't among the general population and we have to make special accomodations for them here.

Maybe I should become a Warden and open my prison to the public as the first "Prison Zoo". PRIZOO!

Im not sure why we dont have it SS....but its time that it was put to the vote..I know a lot of Aussies who agree that our worse murders should be put to death, or maybe your zoo idea would be more fun..we have lots of open spaces down here

Im not sure why we dont have it SS....but its time that it was put to the vote..I know a lot of Aussies who agree that our worse murders should be put to death, or maybe your zoo idea would be more fun..we have lots of open spaces down here
Sounds like an Aussie thing anyway...I will move down there and open the first one! Then maybe they would reconsider the DP!

Actually, the more I think about it...the more I think it is a good idea. I know it sounds absurd...but darn...we do treat our predators better here being in solitary. That should not happen either! They should be up for the public to view and to ridicule, IMO. I think THAT isn't enough punishment...but a good start.

I didn't realize that Australia didn't have the Death Penalty. Sounds like Aussies need to rise up and change that!

I agree...there is no reason to waste the resources it takes to keep them locked up. They are a waste of skin, air, and energy. Their bodies would find better use in a lab somewhere to cure the ills of society.

We did have the death penalty....

Until the 'do gooders' intervened with cries of 'it's inhumane'.

I'd love to see it brought back, but even then, these Pedo's would sit on death row for years and years, through appeal after appeal.....still breathing, while their victims live out their life sentences tortured by memories and flashbacks.

Sami

Bobbisangel~ I know exactly how you feel. He stole her life and it is so heartbreaking. She is just a baby. She survives to a life of this being among her first memories. I will pray for her with all my heart. She deserved to have a life.

Sounds like an Aussie thing anyway...I will move down there and open the first one! Then maybe they would reconsider the DP!

Actually, the more I think about it...the more I think it is a good idea. I know it sounds absurd...but darn...we do treat our predators better here being in solitary. That should not happen either! They should be up for the public to view and to ridicule, IMO. I think THAT isn't enough punishment...but a good start.
Sounds like a good idea to me...it would make a good tv reality show aswell....I dont know why somebody didnt come up with this idea before SS

I'd love to see it brought back, but even then, these Pedo's would sit on death row for years and years, through appeal after appeal.....still breathing, while their victims live out their life sentences tortured by memories and flashbacks.

Sami
Well theres two votes for bringing it back.
I would like it bought back and tested out on Anita Cobys murderers first....then they can start lining the rest of them up.

Sami

:sick: Inhumane? The death penalty is nothing compared to what he did to that little girl.

He'll get his one day

MG

Amen. I get so tired of people saying this rarely happens and parents are too paranoid. It does seem to be happening more and who's to say whose child it will be next time?

My sis travels to Australia every year or so. She says the Aussie police don't even carry guns. She said that several years ago, so things may have changed.

Amen. I get so tired of people saying this rarely happens and parents are too paranoid. It does seem to be happening more and who's to say whose child it will be next time?

Yep! Deb, I saw in SS's article that a neighbor said that her own 5 year old daughter plays in their front yard, too, and that for the time being, she won't anymore. That comment staggered me! Does the neighbor think that once this guy's caught her daughter will be safe to play in the front yard again? I still don't let my daughter hang out in our front yard alone and she's 13! Women in their late teens and early twenties are being taken out of public parking lots in broad daylight! I don't understand why parents think their kids are safer than those women for some reason. Parents need to wake up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back