Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you joshiesmom and Helenstreet for sharing your views. Best thing about WS is our ability to see different sides of the same coin and voice it respectfully.

I've formed my own opinions long ago, no one among us is perfect. Nor were any of the adults in Kyron's life.

I hope one day we'll know the truth.

Thanks for expressing your opinion. I did live next door to Desiree. Whether or not you are friendly with your neighbors is immaterial here. In our neighborhood, neighbors DO interact, so Desiree's lack of interaction was very noticeable. Tony took my son fishing on his boat. My daughter took care of Ernie, Tony's dog (not Kyron's, as the media said. Another tidbit they got wrong), multiple times when he & D would go on vacation. We were not just neighbors who would nod in passing. Do you ever wonder why Desiree gave up custody of her older son or why she thought it was better for him to stay with a different person than herself? I never said that she didn't have a health issue that contributed to Kaine taking care of Kyron, but what was the reason she gave her oldest son to her other ex-husband to take care of?

Please don't try to paint me as a gossip who doesn't know what she's talking about or someone who disliked Desiree because she didn't acknowledge my pregnancy. That's silly. Granted, I can see how my comment could be perceived as me being a petty person who was upset that one of my neighbors didn't acknowledge my pregnancy. That wasn't how it was, but it's my fault for using that as an example. Also, I didn't take second-hand information from my teenager ~ he merely reminded me of how D's boys interacted more with Tony (who was not married to D at the time) than their mother, but I did see that for myself.

I shared some of my opinions, which are based off what I know. I opted to not share more than I did, and I opted to not say a word until someone said they couldn't reconcile a mother being willing to walk away from their child (referring to Terri not having contact with baby K). I said (in my original post pertaining to this) that I could reconcile it by understanding that not every mother really likes being a mom and wants to be with their kids 24/7 & I pointed out that Desiree struck me as that kind of person. I gave some innocuous examples because I don't believe I need to share details that would really paint D in a bad light. I'm sorry my examples struck you as mean-spirited. I wasn't trying to bash Desiree; I was trying to explain why I personally do not feel her depiction in the media is a completely-accurate one and why I have the opinion that she didn't like kids much. Perhaps I did not do a good job of that, but I was trying to walk a line between backing up my opinion and not doing a tell-all on this messageboard. My goal wasn't to bash a hurting mother. It was to explain my opinion regarding theories that were being discussed. As Kimster said, I think we all agree that Desiree has been in hell since Kyron went missing and I truly do feel sad for her about that.

At the end of the day, you can choose to believe what I've shared or you can decide I'm full of hot air. It doesn't change the truth of what I've written. I stand by my opinion & what I observed & experienced as her neighbor.

Thank you for your response to my post. I stand by what I stated--I feel that your comments were inappropriate. I am not saying that you are inappropriate, just your comments. Whatever your reasons are for what you wrote regarding Desiree Young, my opinion is that it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a little boy named Kyron Horman is still missing. Just as I don't know of anybody who has put Desiree Young on a pedestal and portrayed her as the most loving mother ever. My opinion is that her past relationships with her children have nothing to do with this criminal investigation. Apparently you are being allowed to write these things on this forum, and I respect that. In my opinion, whether or not Desiree was/is friendly with her neighbors is just as immaterial as my interactions with my neighbors. This is purely speculation, but what if Desiree was uncomfortable with the idea of a house full of seven children living next door to her? Everybody is different in the way they choose to interact with people. Perhaps Desiree is just a very private person and likes to keep to herself and her family? Just because people like to interact with each other in Desiree's neighborhood, is it a requirement? In answer to your questions, actually, no I haven't wondered why Desiree gave up custody of her older son, Q, or why she thought it was better for him to stay with a different person than herself. I do vaguely recall that Quinn went to stay with his father at the same time Kyron went to stay with Kaine due to Desiree's medical issues and subsequent financial situation. However, I don't personally feel that where Desiree's son, Q, lives has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. I respect what you chose to wrote, but can you respect that I choose to disagree with you? I hope so.

TY's and DY's address is not posted anywhere on the internet. I hypothesize that this is because TY is a detective and has his personal information frequently removed from internet databases. Was someone "verified" as their neighbor? I am curious as to how this was verified.

Thank you for your response to my post. I stand by what I stated--I feel that your comments were inappropriate. I am not saying that you are inappropriate, just your comments. Whatever your reasons are for what you wrote regarding Desiree Young, my opinion is that it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a little boy named Kyron Horman is still missing. Just as I don't know of anybody who has put Desiree Young on a pedestal and portrayed her as the most loving mother ever. My opinion is that her past relationships with her children have nothing to do with this criminal investigation. Apparently you are being allowed to write these things on this forum, and I respect that. In my opinion, whether or not Desiree was/is friendly with her neighbors is just as immaterial as my interactions with my neighbors. This is purely speculation, but what if Desiree was uncomfortable with the idea of a house full of seven children living next door to her? Everybody is different in the way they choose to interact with people. Perhaps Desiree is just a very private person and likes to keep to herself and her family? Just because people like to interact with each other in Desiree's neighborhood, is it a requirement? In answer to your questions, actually, no I haven't wondered why Desiree gave up custody of her older son, Q, or why she thought it was better for him to stay with a different person than herself. I do vaguely recall that Quinn went to stay with his father at the same time Kyron went to stay with Kaine due to Desiree's medical issues and subsequent financial situation. However, I don't personally feel that where Desiree's son, Q, lives has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. I respect what you chose to wrote, but can you respect that I choose to disagree with you? I hope so.

IMO, the credibility of the person who started the "Terri Did It" ball rolling is absolutely of relevance. Joshiesmom is contributing information that sheds light on that credibility. I don't care if Desiree gave up custody of her sons. And I don't care how much time Kyron spent in Medford, other than just knowing the truth. If she's lying about that, everything she says comes into question for me.

I care that she is misrepresenting the "facts", especially if those "facts" have served to implicate a woman who may be innocent, especially if those "facts" have compromised any hope of finding out who really took Kyron. JMO

TY's and DY's address is not posted anywhere on the internet. I hypothesize that this is because TY is a detective and has his personal information frequently removed from internet databases. Was someone "verified" as their neighbor? I am curious as to how this was verified.

Any questions about the verification process need to go privately to Tricia and not on the board. We keep the process highly confidential for the benefit of those willing to disclose their private information to us. Thanks!

So.. long story short.

Both Kyrons parents and step-parents have failed him in some way prior to him vanishing ... which one of us has never failed our child in some way?????

Not making the best choices for our children are sometimes the ones we have no idea we made the wrong choice until it's too late.... for example - Desiree not understanding what was going under Kaine's roof - had she known (what Kaine wrote in his RO) I am sure she would have had Kyron by her side in a heartbeat ...

So.. long story short.

Both Kyrons parents and step-parents have failed him in some way prior to him vanishing ... which one of us has never failed our child in some way?????

Not making the best choices for our children are sometimes the ones we have no idea we made the wrong choice until it's too late.... for example - Desiree not understanding what was going under Kaine's roof - had she known (what Kaine wrote in his RO) I am sure she would have had Kyron by her side in a heartbeat ...

And if we are to believe Kaine's version of how bad Terri was, it is startling that nothing happened to either child sooner...

Now, about the dog.

IIRC it was Tony, not the Media that said the dog is Kyrons - I think he said that on their first family (all 4 of them) press conference...
Looking everywhere for the link - can't find it - sorry :(

My DH and I sent a generous contribution to Skyline School in honor of the missing boy, Kyron Horman, last September. It was like pulling teeth to get an acknowledgment of our donation from the principal at Skyline! When our check had not been deposited for more than two weeks, DH contacted the school by phone to confirm that our contribution had been received. The secretary told DH that she was unaware of our donation, that Mr. Keefer was not available to speak with DH at the time, and that she would give the principal the message about the inquiry.

More than a week passed without hearing from Ben Keefer, so we sent him an email. Another week passed and, again, no response. We finally contacted the Superintendent of PPS via email and informed her of the lack of communication from Mr. Keefer. We finally received an acknowledgment of our donation to the school in honor of Kyron - but only after practically having to beg the principal to confirm our gift to the school.

I have the letter from Mr. Keefer in which there is no mention of Kyron even though DH and I specifically referred to Kyron in the note that accompanied our check. I would be happy to post the letter here to "verify" the donation to Kyron's school, but I will most certainly edit personal information. Would that be acceptable?

My DH and I sent a generous contribution to Skyline School in honor of the missing boy, Kyron Horman, last September. It was like pulling teeth to get an acknowledgment of our donation from the principal at Skyline! When our check had not been deposited for more than two weeks, DH contacted the school by phone to confirm that our contribution had been received. The secretary told DH that she was unaware of our donation, that Mr. Keefer was not available to speak with DH at the time, and that she would give the principal the message about the inquiry.

More than a week passed without hearing from Ben Keefer, so we sent him an email. Another week passed and, again, no response. We finally contacted the Superintendent of PPS via email and informed her of the lack of communication from Mr. Keefer. We finally received an acknowledgment of our donation to the school in honor of Kyron - but only after practically having to beg the principal to confirm our gift to the school.

I have the letter from Mr. Keefer in which there is no mention of Kyron even though DH and I specifically referred to Kyron in the note that accompanied our check. I would be happy to post the letter here to "verify" the donation to Kyron's school, but I will most certainly edit personal information. Would that be acceptable?

Wow, that was not very polite of him to treat you that way. I might add, however, that he is no longer principal at Skyline.

Also, for what its worth, there is a policy at PPS that schools are not allowed to keep all the money they receive through donations and fundraisers. They can keep a portion of it, I don't remember the percentage, and the rest has to go into a big pot to be split evenly among the schools. That is because some schools in wealthy areas can raise large sums of money and have great equipment/programs while schools in poor neighborhoods can barely raise anything. So, this is an effort to try to even things out around the district. Just thought I would mention that. It was very generous of you to make that donation.

How generous of you and your husband BDE!! I would love to see the letter if you are comfortable sharing it here with us. How long did it finally take until someone responded?

Wow, that was not very polite of him to treat you that way. I might add, however, that he is no longer principal at Skyline.

Also, for what its worth, there is a policy at PPS that schools are not allowed to keep all the money they receive through donations and fundraisers. They can keep a portion of it, I don't remember the percentage, and the rest has to go into a big pot to be split evenly among the schools. That is because some schools in wealthy areas can raise large sums of money and have great equipment/programs while schools in poor neighborhoods can barely raise anything. So, this is an effort to try to even things out around the district. Just thought I would mention that. It was very generous of you to make that donation.

My husband and I do not live in Portland or Oregon nor have we ever been there. We live in Michigan and sent the donation to Skyline because we cared about the missing child, Kyron Horman. My handwritten note to Mr. Keefer specifically requested that books for the Skyline library be purchased in honor of the missing Kyron Horman. There should be no question about how we intended our donation to be used nor should it have required multiple requests for our gift to be acknowledged.

My husband and I do not live in Portland or Oregon nor have we ever been there. We live in Michigan and sent the donation to Skyline because we cared about the missing child, Kyron Horman. My handwritten note to Mr. Keefer specifically requested that books for the Skyline library be purchased in honor of the missing Kyron Horman. There should be no question about how we intended our donation to be used nor should it have required multiple requests for our gift to be acknowledged.

I agree. Your gift should have been acknowledged and you should have been thanked immediately.

I can't remember, is it okay to post on this website from someone's facebook pages?

This is what keeps me on the fence.

Look at it this way:

IF she is not guilty...
  1. she spoke to investigators at length - they decided they didn't believe her
  2. she took 2 LDTs. They were either inconclusive or showed she was deceptive. We have no idea which or about what questions she might have lied.
  3. she followed Kaine's advice at first not to speak to the media

If she is not guilty, she KNOWS she is not lying, that the LDTs are wrong or inconclusive, she KNOWS that the investigators are looking in the wrong place, she KNOWS that Kaine's advice was the wrong tack. It hasn't done her a bit of good to do any of these things; in fact, her life is completely upside down and miserable.

If she is not guilty, what else could she do but seek the advice of a lawyer and ask what she should do next to get her daughter back and convince everyone to stop wasting time looking at her and to find Kyron?

If she is not guilty and the lawyer told her that she needed to follow his instructions EXACTLY if she ever wanted to spend time with Baby K again, that she needed to stay quiet and out of sight because talking was not helping. She told all she knew and it didn't get anyone anywhere.

If she is not guilty, I would imagine that she is fighting through every day, praying for a tip or a lead or a hiker to stumble over evidence. She wants nothing more than for Kyron to be found and for the mystery to be solved so she can wake up from this nightmare.

If she is not guilty, she's probably terrified about never seeing her daughter again, watching the clock tick, knowing that her baby girl is going to remember her and love her less and less with every minute, and that she, Terri, is absolutely helpless to stop it.

If she is not guilty and she goes forward with the divorce and the custody hearing, she will lose. She will lose for sure, and will have a judgment that is even harder to have overturned than just postponing it. It will be a presumptive finding of guilt in the eyes of her family and the public, and she will have to face the rest of her life in this limbo.

If she is not guilty, she has to be in the worst kind of hell. Everyone who says she should just talk and get it over with assumes she did this, but what if she didn't? What if she has told them over and over all she knows and they still don't believe her?

If she is guilty, she is smart for staying quiet. They obviously don't have enough evidence to arrest her, much less for a guilty verdict. I mean, if Casey can't get convicted on child neglect charges, then I don't think Terri could even get indicted.

If she is not guilty, though, she is trying desperately to follow the advice of a highly respected lawyer, clinging to the thin thread of hope. If she is not guilty, she has my deepest sympathy. I wouldn't be in her shoes for the world.

I am bumping this, because it is my sentiment exactly. It's simple, what if, just what if, Terri had nothing to do with this at all, other than maybe some venting emails? What if? After following this case via the media for over a year, I actually am more inclined to say Terri is most likely innocent. How can that be, over a year later? Wouldn't it make sense, with all the scrutiny that has come down on her, that she would look more and more and more guilty (like Casey & family for instance?). Something in this case is just so off track.....I think perhaps the assumption that Terri is guilty may be the biggest hidnerance in finding Kyron. JMO

If Terri is innocent, then Kaine and Desiree have been committing slander against her for the past year. The only thing stopping their allegations against her from being slander is if they are true. And in the legal sense, they aren't true because Terri has never been convicted of anything. I don't see how you can get any closer to slander than telling millions of people on national TV that someone kidnapped and possibly murdered a 7-year-old boy. That's obviously going to ruin that person's reputation, and there's a definite malice behind it.

OT...Paige Johnson's mother is moving to have her declared dead and filing a wrongful death suit against the man who is believed to have killed her. He cannot take the 5th in such a trial and has refused to speak to police.

I wonder if this will be the result in Kyron's case at some point...to file a suit against Terri? Although at times, Kaine does not sound 100% convinced she was involved and he certainly isn't convinced Kyron is dead.

I still wonder what horrifying thing he claims the baby witnessed on that day, or if that verbiage/hyperbole was just for the sake of the court documents. If he believes Terri drove Kyron someplace and had Kyron go off with someone else, I can't see that in itself as a horrifying scene to a baby. She probably did not even notice.

As more time passes, I am not convinced Terri is even involved...or that if she is, we will ever really know for sure.

OT...Paige Johnson's mother is moving to have her declared dead and filing a wrongful death suit against the man who is believed to have killed her. He cannot take the 5th in such a trial and has refused to speak to police.

I wonder if this will be the result in Kyron's case at some point...to file a suit against Terri? Although at times, Kaine does not sound 100% convinced she was involved and he certainly isn't convinced Kyron is dead.

I still wonder what horrifying thing he claims the baby witnessed on that day, or if that verbiage/hyperbole was just for the sake of the court documents. If he believes Terri drove Kyron someplace and had Kyron go off with someone else, I can't see that in itself as a horrifying scene to a baby. She probably did not even notice.

As more time passes, I am not convinced Terri is even involved...or that if she is, we will ever really know for sure.

IMO A civil suit against the school board makes more sense, their pockets are deeper and of course, he wouldn't have to wait as long to file a negligence suit.

IMO A civil suit against the school board makes more sense, their pockets are deeper and of course, he wouldn't have to wait as long to file a negligence suit.

I wonder what the statute of limitations is, to sue a school district in Oregon. I have not been able to figure that out.
A civil suit vs. TH would be basically to try to make her talk, which is why Paige's mother is trying to do it. I don't know that the POI in that case will say anything anyway, can't he just say he doesn't recall? Who can prove otherwise?

If a civil suit were to be filed against PPS and Terri I wonder if her attorney would let all of the dirt out on the bio parents. I can't see them risking that. KH has embellished I believe on certain things in his RO. It might not be their best move as LE has no evidence against her, otherwise she would be in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member