Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

We just all need to remember that we only know bits and pieces of this whole story and that the true facts will only come out when this case goes before a jury. The media does get it wrong sometimes but we the public have to be careful too of taking what we see in print as word(like I did with the charcoal)...we too are quick to jump to conclusions...I feel sure that there is much about this case that we don't know yet and won't know until trial and that's the way it should be. I am always glad when the media is still discussing cases such as this...they can not persuade us to believe anything unless we allow them to. Keep everything in perspective and remember to let the facts and evidence speak for itself at trial. We are allowed to think what we want about this case because we are not going to serve on that jury and once a jury is selected and seated..they will hear the facts and the evidence and come back with a just verdict. I, myself, eagerly anticipate learning the true facts of the story of Maria and Cesar.

Good Morning panthera.

Oh yes and look how quickly that tale took wings and now some really believe it to be the truth rather than realizing Nancy does this overly dramatic stuff all the time. LE has never mentioned that he had a grill across the pit so he could BBQ and if he did then the heat would have been even higher above her buried body than the burning wood placed on top of the ground in the fire pit area.

It reminds me of Laci Peterson's case how it came out that LE had supposedly found blood and vomit on her mop and we all thought it was true. It was all a big lie put out by the media who always gyrates toward the gory and titillating tidbits that boost their rating when in all actuality the case is heartbreaking enough that it doesn't need to be sensationalized.

imoo
Hi Ocean! I agree and think too that if there were a BBQ right over Maria her body would've been charred much more than it was. It seems the lower half of her body received more damage than the upper half which still had identifiable clothing, with size tags on it. Then there is the plastic bag with the baby clothes in it that were still identifiable. I will say that Greta did a great job when she took her camera crew out to the house, imo, and gave us a very good idea of what may have occurred, between the garage and the back yard.

Thanks for the reminder of how easy facts are fiction and vice versa, fiction is fact.

I tried along with other Web Sleuthers, to get a timeline together based on facts. Even then.............there have been questions.

The barbeque (fact) was held in CL's backyard (fact), here is what I think WS's are getting confused on.

Was it ACTUALLY held over Maria's body or was it at another site in the back yard??

At least on the night when CL and Christina had their friends over?

I was under the assumption the whole time that the food was being cooked over the grill that was up on the patio but the bon fire was way out in the yard over Maria and the baby. I never thought of it any other way...

This may be the only time I am partially disagreeing with you SS, if the media gets it wrong, and it impedes an investigation or paints an innocent person unfairly, it cannot be undone. I think the balance lies with strong investigative journalism, smelling it when it is bad, and remembering their are families of those folks that read.
Yes, sorry. It is never right of the media to impede an investigation or misrepresent people. I was only talking about them getting points wrong which do not neccessarily have a direct impact on a case. :blowkiss:

I was under the assumption the whole time that the food was being cooked over the grill that was up on the patio but the bon fire was way out in the yard over Maria and the baby. I never thought of it any other way...
This is the way I have always pictured it, too. I don't think they cooked over the bonfire. I think they stood around it while drinking beer and shooting the breeze.

That has always been my impression too, Mygirl.

If they were BBQing or grilling out they did that with their own portable grill closer to the house and used the bonfire to hang out, chat and probably drink some beer.

imoo

That's the way I pictured it too. :)

Are any of us really surprised? I like Nancy okay at times but she does embellish and is always the drama queen.

I agree. I like to watch her show because she does discuss cases that we are interested in and does interview some interesting and knowledgable people. But her facial expressions and tone of voice, not to mention the embellishments, really turn me off. I can't watch her when my husband is around because all he does is yell at the TV! He can't stand her. I am getting a bit bored about all the baby pics and whatnot. I realize that she had a rough go of it and that she is a proud mother, but if she wants to show pics of the "twins", she needs a show on WE or something :rolleyes:

I agree. I like to watch her show because she does discuss cases that we are interested in and does interview some interesting and knowledgable people. But her facial expressions and tone of voice, not to mention the embellishments, really turn me off. I can't watch her when my husband is around because all he does is yell at the TV! He can't stand her. I am getting a bit bored about all the baby pics and whatnot. I realize that she had a rough go of it and that she is a proud mother, but if she wants to show pics of the "twins", she needs a show on WE or something :rolleyes:
And all the callers who still continue to congratulate her on the babies. :)

Something new from Lindell Kay ~ He raises some interesting questions about what Maria's plans might have been after buying the bus ticket. Apparently it was for the 5:50pm bus on the 15th and the one for the 14th was not full.

Maria's itinerary

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=160

Something new from Lindell Kay ~ He raises some interesting questions about what Maria's plans might have been after buying the bus ticket. Apparently it was for the 5:50pm bus on the 15th and the one for the 14th was not full.

Maria's itinerary

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=160

I am wanting to know more and more if Cesar specified the 15th in his novellas he left behind concerning Maria coming there two times. If it is Christina's wording and perception what if he told her that Maria came there on the 14th for money and then she came back later in the evening of the 15th highly agitated etc.

I have tried to wrap my mind around why he would lie about one date over another? I just cant see a reason since he owns up to her dying there and him burying her. So what difference would the day make anyway?

I sure would like to read what the actual notes really said that were written. So far all we have is what CSL told investigators that they put her in the search warrant.

I would love to read everything that has been written by Cesar, Maria, and Christina in this case!! Wow! Can you imagine how we could rip those to shreds?!

I would love to read everything that has been written by Cesar, Maria, and Christina in this case!! Wow! Can you imagine how we could rip those to shreds?!

I have really been thinking about this yesterday.

Now we know that LE gets somethings wrong in their initial search warrants. One thing is they have suspicions of a kidnapping yet that had to be ruled out as no charges have been filed and we are going on 4 months now. And if we are to take Mary Lauterbach at her word she said she did not tell them that Maria was a compulsive liar yet LE had that impression and in their report which we saw a copyfrom far away on tv. So what if Christina was under the impression that both trips made by Maria to Cesar's home happened on the 15th when they did not.... while Cesar's note means when she came back the second time it was in the evening of the 15th?

I have looked at the statements closely again and am now under the impression that she first came there the 14th and he went with her to purchase the ticket but she came back in the evening of the 15th all hysterical saying her plans had fallen through. Could it be she couldn't leave then because she was in labor or thought she was?

It just makes more sense to me because the very next day he is borrowing a shovel from his neighbor and also goes to Lowes, all of those things on the 16th.

imoo

Oceanblueyes, I have often thought that she was killed on the 15th too. After reading all the reports, it just makes more sense. What did he do with her body if she was killed on the 14th? If LE is right about the date of her murder then that means he waited for a day and a half to buy supplies to cover up the crime. It could be but it doesn't make alot of sense. You have raised a good point concerning the possibility of Maria going into labor....We know from Captain Sutherland(Maria's Itenarary) that there were no pants on her body...so what happened to them? Who took them off of her? And certaintly Cesar would panic if she were going into labor and that could have been what led to her death. If the baby were coming or they both thought it was..it would mean that DNA test would be done on the baby and Cesar was in great fear of that. His Marine career, his family, EVERYTHING at that moment could have been flashing before his eyes and so he killed her to prevent all of that from becoming a reality.

Oceanblueyes, I have often thought that she was killed on the 15th too. After reading all the reports, it just makes more sense. What did he do with her body if she was killed on the 14th? If LE is right about the date of her murder then that means he waited for a day and a half to buy supplies to cover up the crime. It could be but it doesn't make alot of sense. You have raised a good point concerning the possibility of Maria going into labor....We know from Captain Sutherland(Maria's Itenarary) that there were no pants on her body...so what happened to them? Who took them off of her? And certaintly Cesar would panic if she were going into labor and that could have been what led to her death. If the baby were coming or they both thought it was..it would mean that DNA test would be done on the baby and Cesar was in great fear of that. His Marine career, his family, EVERYTHING at that moment could have been flashing before his eyes and so he killed her to prevent all of that from becoming a reality.
I too have thought it odd that there was no clothing found on the lower half of her body, and entertained the idea she might have gone into labor. I'm still wondering where she had planned to stay the night of the 14th since the bus ticket wasn't until 5:50pm on the 15th. I'd assume LE has checked all motels to see if she'd checked in anywhere, so where else would she have gone that night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back