Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/201...05/sierra-lamar-anatomy-of-search-day-51.html

snipped "That means that Sierra and Garcia-Torres can be linked at two separate crime scenes: the location of the Juicy Couture bag and the vehicle owned by and registered to the suspect."

Just want to clarify also the article should say former Safeway employee.

I wish we could get clarification on this statement too:

"During her press conference Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith alluded to the fact that, “Since January of 2011 in Santa Clara County alone there are 43 missing females that have never returned home.” Was she suggesting that Garcia-Torres might be a serial killer? "

Are these 43 missing females that runaway reports were filed on but the paper trail stopped there? Sheriff Smith or LE needs to clarify this. The public can't help find these girls if we don't know about them.

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/201...05/sierra-lamar-anatomy-of-search-day-51.html

snipped "That means that Sierra and Garcia-Torres can be linked at two separate crime scenes: the location of the Juicy Couture bag and the vehicle owned by and registered to the suspect."

"During her press conference Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith alluded to the fact that, “Since January of 2011 in Santa Clara County alone there are 43 missing females that have never returned home.” Was she suggesting that Garcia-Torres might be a serial killer? "

Are these 43 missing females that runaway reports were filed on but the paper trail stopped there? Sheriff Smith or LE needs to clarify this. The public can't help find these girls if we don't know about them.

It seemed to me that was what she was suggesting but someone searched the databases yesterday and the number of missing was not 43...so I'd love to know where that number came from!

The "metal scrapper" occupation gave AGT the excuse (to his family) to be out driving around neighborhoods at 7 AM.

Sierra tweeted about having issues with a car, maybe it was him...maybe he had been stalking her for a while.

I'm sorry for his family, but this wouldn't be the first time someone who appeared to be a "family man" turned out to be a psycho.

all who wonder how he was connected to at least 1 of the other cases-when FBI profilers do their thing--they will also give LE suggestions about looking for possible other victims of the perp. In these 3 attempted abductions there were similarities in victemology--at least in the physical profile of the victims. Also they occured at a Safeway. They had his ID from DNA in March. LE doesn't check for DNA in all attempted cases---too darn expensive.
I think the clothing of the 3 other vics was kept and LE ran DNA on them at FBI suggestion. We have 1 match and he is a POI
in 2 other cases----perhaps that DNA isn't back yet or was inconclusive. The more other cases they link him to the more evidence that he is a serial offender----helpful if the don't find her body!!!!! Its possible they could elicit testimony from the other victims.

Jeeze...showing his home on the Today Show. I was thinking like a mobile home, but they lived in an RV.

I bet he liked to go prowling around for women instead of being cooped up in a RV with his mom, wife, and toddler. JMO

Is it possible to drain a shallow percolation pond? There are several near that RV park and Sierra's home that were searched, but not drained. People from the RV park stated that they heard voice(s) near the ponds the weekend that Sierra disappeared. In other missing child cases, ponds have been completely drained and rivers diverted so searchers could check dry riverbeds. :(
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_4f081b31-d6fe-5ee8-b5c9-6c2d91ea6541.html

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_9923d6e0-eb7f-5733-9125-b080cb796ae2.html

all who wonder how he was connected to at least 1 of the other cases-when FBI profilers do their thing--they will also give LE suggestions about looking for possible other victims of the perp. In these 3 attempted abductions there were similarities in victemology--at least in the physical profile of the victims. Also they occured at a Safeway. They had his ID from DNA in March. LE doesn't check for DNA in all attempted cases---too darn expensive.
I think the clothing of the 3 other vics was kept and LE ran DNA on them at FBI suggestion. We have 1 match and he is a POI
in 2 other cases----perhaps that DNA isn't back yet or was inconclusive. The more other cases they link him to the more evidence that he is a serial offender----helpful if the don't find her body!!!!! Its possible they could elicit testimony from the other victims.

I was thinking they may have got a fingerprint from the taser/stun gun that was dropped during one attack or fingerprints or blood from the knife he took from the other victim. JMO

Remember this article? :( (I hope this has nothing to do with Sierra and she was not kept alive for numerous hours.)

Residents of the Parkway Lakes RV Park, along with thousands of people all over South County, are eagerly awaiting closure to the case. Two of the RV park’s residents who were outside watching the deputies and divers enter the marshy area surrounding the percolation ponds said they heard a vehicle pull up outside the locked gate late in the night after Sierra was reported missing.
James Silver, 15, said he did not see the vehicle but he heard it pull up to the gate late Saturday night. He was inside his grandmother’s motorhome. He heard the car doors shut, and two men exit. He heard them talking briefly, and the vehicle left about 15 minutes later. One of Silver’s neighbors, Helen Robison, 47, said she heard the same thing but did not see the vehicle or the men associated with it.
Silver’s grandmother, Sandy Mullican, 68, said she was walking her dog a few hours after that, about 4 a.m. Sunday, and heard a loud screaming sound. But she and other residents indicated that the area is inhabited with mountain lions and bobcats, which sometimes make screaming sounds.
“I wasn’t going to stay around and find out,” Mullican said.*
The area between the RV Park and U.S. 101, where the percolation ponds are, is a remote area covered with wild grass, thick brush and woods.*
“I’ve been praying for that little girl every day,” Mullican added.*
Residents also noted that another neighbor, whose name they did not know, was contacted Sunday by what appeared to be parole officers. The resident was detained, but Cardoza said so far no one has been arrested or detained in connection with Sierra’s disappearance.*
Part of the investigation has included interviews and contacts with all known sex offenders, and other residents on probation or parole.*
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_9923d6e0-eb7f-5733-9125-b080cb796ae2.html

agreed....their linked at two different locations and the first location was linked prior to the Jetta, which is a positive for LE and conviction.

and, yes they do need to clarify if he's a former or current employee of Safeway, and the Sheriff needs to clarify that statement of 43 girls. I believe she stated juvenile females, correct?

Remember this article? :(

Residents of the Parkway Lakes RV Park, along with thousands of people all over South County, are eagerly awaiting closure to the case. Two of the RV park’s residents who were outside watching the deputies and divers enter the marshy area surrounding the percolation ponds said they heard a vehicle pull up outside the locked gate late in the night after Sierra was reported missing.
James Silver, 15, said he did not see the vehicle but he heard it pull up to the gate late Saturday night. He was inside his grandmother’s motorhome. He heard the car doors shut, and two men exit. He heard them talking briefly, and the vehicle left about 15 minutes later. One of Silver’s neighbors, Helen Robison, 47, said she heard the same thing but did not see the vehicle or the men associated with it.
Silver’s grandmother, Sandy Mullican, 68, said she was walking her dog a few hours after that, about 4 a.m. Sunday, and heard a loud screaming sound. But she and other residents indicated that the area is inhabited with mountain lions and bobcats, which sometimes make screaming sounds.
“I wasn’t going to stay around and find out,” Mullican said.*
The area between the RV Park and U.S. 101, where the percolation ponds are, is a remote area covered with wild grass, thick brush and woods.*
“I’ve been praying for that little girl every day,” Mullican added.*
Residents also noted that another neighbor, whose name they did not know, was contacted Sunday by what appeared to be parole officers. The resident was detained, but Cardoza said so far no one has been arrested or detained in connection with Sierra’s disappearance.*
Part of the investigation has included interviews and contacts with all known sex offenders, and other residents on probation or parole.*

I remember that article.
Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

I remember that article.
Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?
The residents of that RV park heard two males near the percolation ponds. It really makes me wonder knowing that LE was asking the public for info. about the occupants (plural) who were observed in the red car with the black hood.

It is also possible that the RV resident was mistaken about hearing two car doors shut. Maybe one shutting noise was the driver's door and the other was the trunk. :(

The residents of that RV park heard two males near the percolation ponds. It really makes me wonder knowing that LE was asking the public for info. about the occupants (plural) who were observed in the red car with the black hood.

sure does.

oh, btw PensFan, I'm a Flyers fan.

I am going to repeat my statement from the last thread. I do not understand how they can charge someone with murder when they said they had no blood evidence and they dont have a body. My understanding is that in order to convict with out a body there has to be enough physical evidence such as an extensive amount of blood evidence that the victim could not have survived. Also where is the crime scene?

I mean seriously just a hypothetical what if he and Seirra where having a thing which would explain the DNA on her clothes maybe she was pregnant and he sent er to Mexico or something to hide her so he wouldnt go to jail for statatory rape and he threw out her clothes to miss lead police. In my mind that is just as likely as he murdered her. Seriously I hope they got more to go on than what we know. At least in CA case they had the cadavior dog hits. I have not heard anything that leads me to beleive that she was murdered at this point, just that she is missing and somehow he was with her on the day she went missing, and with that alone they will not get a conviction, I sure hope they have more than what they are saying.

Good morning everyone!

At one time I too wondered how the DA could bring a 'missing body' case to trial and be successful but now that I have seen it happen many times I am aware that it can be done and the cases are strong and also have held up on appeal.

Here is an article listing some cases that were won where the Prosecutor did not have a body. There are many others though and they can be found just by googling.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1

These cases were based on strong CE and backed up with good common sense and logic. At the end there was no other logical conclusion based on the evidence submitted that the victim was indeed murdered by the hands of the defendant.

In missing body cases they dont even have to have as much as LE does in this one. Often times in such cases LE does not have any forensic evidence whatsoever. They have no body, they have no crime scene, they have no body disposal site... so therefore they have no forensics or MOD.

They take the totality of the circumstances and lay it out for the jury piece by piece and CE cases are very strong and in some cases even stronger than direct evidence cases.

There is simply no logical reason that Sierra's DNA is in this man's vehicle that she had never met nor for his DNA to be present on her discarded clothing. And from that day on Sierra has never been seen again nor has she made contact with anyone even though Sierra was a very very social person who made contact daily with the people in her life?

Imo, any jury will be able to understand the CE entered in this case. It is quite clear that Torres kidnapped Sierra, murdered her, and then discarded her body in an area unknown. They may never find her body. Some of the cases that were brought to trial like this the body has not been recovered not even after the defendant was tried and convicted. Some remains have been discovered afterward.

But not one victim has ever returned home safe and sound that was the victim in a missing body murder trial.

They are charging defendants more quickly now when there isnt a body. For this DA to do so means they have strong CE to support their case. They have way more than any of us know about and it doesnt have to be forensics.

IMO

Around the time of Sierra's abduction, there was a report of at least one other girl approached in the same general area. In this case, it was reported a man in a green pickup truck tried to get a young girl into his truck. A police report was given by the victim, and along with a composite sketch of the suspect.

I wonder now if AGT had access to a green truck in relation to his "metal scrapping" business ?

You can read about this incident here, in the comments section, (commenter's initials "KM-T" about half way down the comments):
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...a-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html#comments

A couple other things I want to mention.

I really doubt this guy had a lot of money to be driving all over the place all the time unless he was selling drugs. This would limit him some on where and when he comitted crimes.
I wouldn't rule out some of his assaults or attempts being robberies or stolen vehicles. I also wouldn't limit his victims to being within any certain age range.

I have a feeling the way he delt with his stress was to gain power over someone weaker. His stress could be due to many different factors but financial may be a big one. Did his crimes start after he became a father and husband? If his wife and or family were pressuring him about getting a job to support those babies was there a lot of arguing going on and since he couldn't take his anger out on his wife or family did he do so through other women?

When is trash day in Morgan Hill?

Actually, on his myspace page, he has pictures of weed growing somewhere, and a pretty large load of dried weed, so you may be correct on the selling.

Good morning everyone!

At one time I too wondered how the DA could bring a 'missing body' case to trial and be successful but now that I have seen it happened many times I am aware that it can be done and the cases are strong and also have held up on appeal.

Here is an article listing some cases that were won where the Prosecutor did not have a body. There are many others though and they can be found just by googling.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1

These cases were based on strong CE and backed up with good common sense and logic. At the end there was no other logical conclusion based on the evidence submitted that the victim was indeed murdered by the hands of the defendant.

In missing body cases they dont even have to have as much as LE does in this one. Often times in such cases LE does not have any forensic evidence whatsoever. They have no body, they have no crime scene, they have no body disposal site... so therefore they have no forensics or MOD.

They take the totality of the circumstances and lay it out for the jury piece by piece and CE cases are very strong and in some cases even stronger than direct evidence cases.

There is simply no logical reason that Sierra's DNA is in this man's vehicle that she had never met nor for his DNA to be present on her discarded clothing. And from that day on Sierra has never been seen again nor has she made contact with anyone even though Sierra was a very very social person who made contact daily with the people in her life?

Imo, any jury will be able to understand the CE entered in this case. It is quite clear that Torres kidnapped Sierra, murdered her, and then discarded her body in an area unknown. They may never find her body. Some of the cases that were brought to trial like this the body has not been recovered not even after the defendant was tried and convicted. Some remains have been discovered afterward.

But not one victim has ever returned home safe and sound that was the victim in a missing body murder trial.

They are charging defendants more quickly now when there isnt a body. For this DA to do so means they have strong CE to support their case. They have way more than any of us know about and it doesnt have to be forensics.

IMO

I remember the discussion prior to Caylee Anthony being found, if LE could get a conviction of Casey Anthony for murder 1.

We linked to the same articles of previous 'no body' convictions.

I believe the overall sense at that time, was that the majority believed they could get a conviction without a body (Caylee), since we felt the edvidance was so overwhelming. And, once the body was found, it added more for a conviction.

Unfortunately, the juror didn't have a clue what they were doing and Casey walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson