17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a cell phone so I don't know all these tricks. The last cell phone I had is somewhere on Alligator Alley. I feel if you know me enough to want to get a hold of me, you know my home number, my email, and my facebook. Cell phones drive me crazy.

My niece does have a cell phone and I'm pretty sure it is well protected with passwords and gadgets.

Yup! They want their privacy! It's really important at the age.

My parents could always find me in my teen years by following the phone cord from the wall to where I was hiding (closet/bathroom, etc) talking on the phone so my brother wouldn't eavesdrop. LOL Gosh I am old. :)

We gave daughter a phone for her 16th B-day, and if she had even thought about locking it, in the trash it would have went. As long as we paid the bill it was our phone for her to use. She had the phone for 10 years before she took over the bill. that's just us.

Alot of people are that way.....our family believes trust is given until you give us a reason to not trust. Kids want and need a certain amount of privacy, nothing wrong with it.

We gave daughter a phone for her 16th B-day, and if she had even thought about locking it, in the trash it would have went. As long as we paid the bill it was our phone for her to use. She had the phone for 10 years before she took over the bill. that's just us.

To be fair, Tracy Martin did know his son's password.

Who are they?

"They" would be black inner-city youths.

But I believe it's a "street code of silence" that mimics the mob culture. The mob hates what they call a "rat" -- as in "ratting" on someone.

Telling the authorities is a no-no and can put you and your family in danger in different cultures.

O/T be safe everyone the weather is pretty bad in tornado alley.

I understand that. Everyone has different ways of dealing with their teens, but some parents, like my sister and bro-in-law, believe that privacy is important to young girls. My niece has also had a job and has been paying for her own phones for almost two years and her parents have still confiscated her phone. :floorlaugh: But they give her her privacy too. It's important for young people to have a sense of independence and responsibility when they get to a certain age. Trust is really important.

MOO

I keep wondering if the time on the individual phones was not synced and we are working with an inaccurate timeline. I can't imagine that one could hear shouts so alarming that one decides to call 911 within 15 seconds. I would imagine it takes longer than 15 seconds to find one's phone and dial through, and that doesn't even account for going to the window, or door, to see if the commotion warrants a 911 call.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I agree! The timing of the cell phone call that has been reported is based on the bill that came to Trayvon's father so it may be off by as much as 30 seconds if the company rounds up. It was a four minute call that came in at 7:12 but if there's a rounding up then it could have ended at 7:15:30. The cell phone company will have actual times and the prosecutor will have those. Either way, the timeline is awfully tight for this confrontation and shooting.

Really, it was brave of her to call, given what I know about the mindset.

As far as I can tell, it was Martin's family lawyer that contacted her after getting the phone records and seeing that she was on the phone is Trayvon during the time of interest. I am not aware that she called anyone after the incident?

I don't think discussing the GF's actions concerning the phone calls is bashing her at all. I think everything concerning that call will be very big part of the case when it goes to trial.

Who, what and when she told others about call could play into reasonable doubt. Just because the call matchs up with the time line doesn't prove what was being discussed.

Not that I think she is lying but I could see a defense questioning it. I also think a reasonable jury member is going to want to be assured that what she said was on that call was the truth and not what someone suggested she say after details of the incident became public.

So hopefully she told someone early on the details of the call before all the media hype started.

O/T be safe everyone the weather is pretty bad in tornado alley.

:seeya:

umm yeah....right here at "ground zero".....storm chasers and NWS trucks out and about around town!!!

umm yeah....right here at "ground zero".....storm chasers and NWS trucks out and about around town!!!

Be safe!! :please:

I've always wanted to go storm chasing! :crazy:

Lived in Omaha a couple years. Scariest thing this mountain girl ever saw was the sky turn green. Grab your laptop, if you have one, and sit in the bathtub. LOL ;)

Be safe raeann!!

LOL...will do, but we are brave here....afternoon plans include taking son to get tux rented for his prom in two weeks, and a quick lunch hopefully before the storms roll in.

I am heartbroken that Trayvon's mom can not do the same thing with her son today!

jmo

So, this follow up is really unrelated but I'm curious.

If you have a password protected phone, and you lose it, you're SOL? No one can open it to look through your contacts, or answer it if it rings?

(Phones with GPS on them could be found again, I guess, but without GPS, you would never have your phone returned).
My phone is password protected so if anyone tries to use it, they have to know the password. I recently lost my phone, my phone was able to be answered when we called the phone. I thought I was SOL, but the person who found my phone was able to answer it, and gave it back.

Lived in Omaha a couple years. Scariest thing this mountain girl ever saw was the sky turn green. Grab your laptop, if you have one, and sit in the bathtub. LOL ;)

This is why I will always stay in Florida! At least with a Hurricane, we get a good warning! The North can keep their blizzards. Tornado Alley can keep their Tornados. Anywhere that has Earthquakes can keep their Earthquakes. I don't like the cold and I don't like not knowing that a tornado or an earthquake could come at any time. I'm a coward like that (even though I do want to go storm chasing).

So hopefully she told someone early on the details of the call before all the media hype started.

Yes, hopefully. If they talked by phone for hours each day, as I've read somewhere, I'm sure she told a few family members and friends well before she knew about TM's death.

I can even imagine a sibling or parent teasing her, asking why she didn't have her cellphone glued to her ear all of a sudden. That would have been a perfect scenario for her to tell someone about the weird thing that happened the last time she spoke to TM.

I don't think discussing the GF's actions concerning the phone calls is bashing her at all. I think everything concerning that call will be very big part of the case when it goes to trial.

Who, what and when she told others about call could play into reasonable doubt. Just because the call matchs up with the time line doesn't prove what was being discussed.

Not that I think she is lying but I could see a defense questioning it. I also think a reasonable jury member is going to want to be assured that what she said was on that call was the truth and not what someone suggested she say after details of the incident became public.

The significant part of her story is that someone was following TM. GZ admitted that to the dispatcher himself.

IIRC, She also stated that TM said he wasn't going to run and that he asked GZ why he was following him. Why would anyone from TM's family or prosecution team suggest she say either of those things?

LOL...will do, but we are brave here....afternoon plans include taking son to get tux rented for his prom in two weeks, and a quick lunch hopefully before the storms roll in.

I am heartbroken that Trayvon's mom can not do the same thing with her son today!

jmo

I'm sure you will cherish today with your son and I'm sure he is going to look so handsome all dressed up! My niece's Senior Prom is tonight and I can't wait until she gets here so we can start doing her hair and make-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam