GUILTY AZ - Malinda Raya, 39, beaten to death in her Mesa home, 19 May 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43913674/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Cops: Man killed girlfriend, lived with corpse
July 27, 2011

"An Arizona man confessed to killing his girlfriend and living with her decomposing corpse in his one-bedroom apartment for two months, police said. Erik C. Grumpelt, 35, was arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder, the Mesa Police Department said in a news release. Police said he told them he had repeatedly struck his girlfriend, Malinda Raya, 39, in the lower abdomen after she said she had cheated on him. Officers discovered the woman's badly decomposed body on the bedroom floor of the apartment, covered in several sheets...."

more at link

How bizarre. I can't believe that no one reported this woman missing for two months. Who knows, maybe Grumpelt told everyone she was at Universal Studios with the nanny?

This is the second case with the same set of circumstances that we've seen recently. We have a thread on a man in Santa Cruz, CA who killed his girlfriend. He also lived with her body for over a week. Police even came by to check on the neighbors complaints concerning an odor but didn't find a thing. She was wrapped up in a rug. So sad.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134653"]CA~John Clauer lived for over a week with a dead woman - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The only priors I could find on Grumpelt was an issue concerning child support. He must have had a decent job, considering the child support he was ordered to pay.

The only photo I found of Grumpelt was on a private MS page:

http://www.myspace.com/391371754

Missizzy:

This is very strange. Was he trying to hide the body as to not get caught, or was he keeping it to keep her by his side is what I am wondering?

These two cases sound like something resembling the movie, Psycho.

I'm glad he did tell his father who did not feel the need to ENABLE his child like many parents do when their children murder.

Thanks
Goz

Missizzy:

This is very strange. Was he trying to hide the body as to not get caught, or was he keeping it to keep her by his side is what I am wondering?

These two cases sound like something resembling the movie, Psycho.

I'm glad he did tell his father who did not feel the need to ENABLE his child like many parents do when their children murder. Thanks

Goz

Amen! No excuses from this dad...yet. I hope it stays that way. Good on the dad for doing the right thing and calling 911.

Mel

Gozgals--I honestly don't know. The reports don't lean one way or another. As far as the man in Santa Cruz, he and his girlfriend were known to be serious alcoholics and to frequently fight. I wouldn't be surprised if she was killed in a drunken rage and the man simply didn't know what to do. A criminal with more "gumption" would probably try to move or dispose of the body. What John Clauer did sounded more like "magical thinking" (maybe the whole thing will just go away if I ignore it) to me.

I can't find enough information about Grumpelt or his girlfriend to make a call on that situation. They both seem to have not used social networks and the only info I can find is about child support. I have a suspicion that this was not about some macabre desire to live with a corpse but a lack of ability to respond in some sort of meaningful manner after a crime was committed. JMO.

omg! How could he have lived with that stench? Talk about Dissociation

From March 2013:

http://arizona.newszap.com/eastvall...tence-for-manslaughter-in-death-of-girlfriend

A report by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner determined the death to be a homicide caused by blunt force trauma. But due to the advanced decomposition of the body, the medical examiner was unable to provide further explanation as to why the victim died from broken rib injuries, which, by themselves, are generally non-fatal. An analysis of the victim’s liver tissue showed an extremely high blood alcohol content, and an expert retained by the defense opined that the victim likely died of alcohol poisoning.

On Nov. 26, 2012, Mr. Grumpelt agreed to plead guilty to one count of manslaughter, a Class 2 dangerous felony and domestic violence offense. The 14-year prison sentenced imposed by the Honorable M. Scott McCoy on March 1 was the maximum term allowable under the plea agreement, according to the release.

To answer u wonderings ur right not much information on the two but yes he was a meth addict and she was an alcoholic who is very vain had her breasts done and her teeth all completely done she only cheated on her husband with her kids with him Erik grumpelt imeem so what was he to think that she wouldn't cheat on him which she did she cheated with many men somehow I know personally and he made her seem like she was alive cuz he had her cell phone and was texting whoever text her saying she was in Las Vegas and he would use her car like if she was still alive and all but yeah

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back