ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now he's a crazy man? Where is the evidence of that Blueskies?

No evidence,just trying to find logic as to why this important eye witness account is not part of the case.

Maybe he got his days mixed up and witnessed the car the day before heading in the wrong direction? Then when he told his story almost 3 weeks later maybe he thought it was the same day?

It's really the strangest thing seeing that guy on tv giving jaw dropping details but yet he claimed at the time police have never spoken to him. The claims that police told him that GG was too drunk to speak to just don't sit well with me either. They would have never let him drive home if that was the case.JMHO

No evidence,just trying to find logic as to why this important eye witness account is not part of the case.

Maybe he got his days mixed up and witnessed the car the day before heading in the wrong direction? Then when he told his story almost 3 weeks later maybe he thought it was the same day?

It's really the strangest thing seeing that guy on tv giving jaw dropping details but yet he claimed at the time police have never spoken to him.

It sounds to me he had to have been there that day to have known this information.

The claims that police told him that GG was too drunk to speak to just don't sit well with me either. They would have never let him drive home if that was the case.JMHO

GG may have been too drunk to have been interviewed at that time, but after he sat there for several hours at the search site, he would have sobered up considerably to the point of being able to drive home. I still don't doubt the report that GG said he was going home to take a nap. Why, because he was drunk and needed to sober up. Maybe he did leave and come back, maybe they had someone drive him back. We just really have no idea.

There is a shameful lack of information in this case, imo. This was an American woman who was a tourist in a foreign country. They have done virtually nothing in several months, to help assure Americans that this case is being resolved in a responsible manner. Not to mention Robyn's family. There has been absolutely nothing reported in months. Shame on Aruba LE. jmo

Only what CJ said on FB,that she learned directly from the ALE that Silva's story was debunked. Makes sense because whether he is telling the truth or not the ALE never acted on what he said on tv.MO

I could see the confusion now because that was almost 3 weeks after the day Robyn dissapeared. We don't know this guy and it's possible he's crazy and is not credible..If there was a second witness who says they were in the car and left the area then that would corroborate his story. And would lead me to believe this was a cover up because it's not part of the evidence that they left the baby beach area in the car.

Now I'm beginning to see where you're coming from as far as a cover up.

Signs of a cover up could be:

1.ALE immediately discounting the possibilty that Robyn could have been a victim of kidnapping. Strange: They mentioned this possibility in the very beginning, and then completely dismissed it as there was no "evidence". How would they know this with little to no investigation. Not to mention, they didn't decide to "investigate" until days later? They said if she was missing and still alive she would show up and say "Here I am" . Really? A kidnapping victim could do that?

-Claiming there is no evidence of any foul play, etc. Yet, Robyn is missing. No real evidence they had gone snorkeling where GG claimed they did. Robyn had reportedly been drinking vodka and taking sleeping pills so was in no condition to snorkel. GG "snorkeling" in leather athletic shoes :waitasec:. No snorkeling gear washed ashore. Evidence that if Robyn had drowned there her body would have washed into shore, which it did not. Plus, there were scratches on GG according to witnesses. There was blood on a Robyn's towel. Then, finally, there was GG not really trying to get help and obviously not giving a damn about Robyn missing. Oh, then there's the 1.5 mil insurance policy and GG trying to leave the country on an earlier flight when he knew the case had not been resolved.

-Lack of information as to the status of the investigation: ALE has been more than secretive, extremely tight lipped and overly protective of information even in spite of the high profile status of the case[/B]. One would think that they would care more, that they would try harder after the Natalee Holloway case. Yet they have still given it no credence . What does that tell us?

2.Disputing the credibility of all witnesses; denying that they even exist, or claiming they "have their days mixed up", etc.

3.Lack of investigation into the other possible connections, such as the Rum Reef Bar and Grill. Why did GG take Robyn to that specific place at the same time, two days in a row, and make an obvious point of getting them on video surveillance ?
a.Why did he so inexplicably stand up and announce themselves by name while in the Rum Reef?
b.Why did he state out loud to the server that Robyn had taken a sleeping pill while in the Rum Reef? Who says things like that to people they don't know??? Why at the Rum Reef Bar and Grill? The Rum Reef is starting to stand out like a sore thumb, imo.

Cover up? Maybe not so far fetched at all. jmo

Now I'm beginning to see where you're coming from as far as a cover up.

Signs of a cover up could be:

1.ALE immediately discounting the possibilty that Robyn could have been a victim of kidnapping. Strange: They mentioned this possibility in the very beginning, and then completely dismissed it as there was no "evidence". How would they know this with little to no investigation. Not to mention, they didn't decide to "investigate" until days later? They said if she was missing and still alive she would show up and say "Here I am" . Really? A kidnapping victim could do that?

-Claiming there is no evidence of any foul play, etc. Yet, Robyn is missing. No real evidence they had gone snorkeling where GG claimed they did. Robyn had reportedly been drinking vodka and taking sleeping pills so was in no condition to snorkel. GG "snorkeling" in leather athletic shoes :waitasec:. No snorkeling gear washed ashore. Evidence that if Robyn had drowned there her body would have washed into shore, which it did not. Plus, there were scratches on GG according to witnesses. There was blood on a Robyn's towel. Then, finally, there was GG not really trying to get help and obviously not giving a damn about Robyn missing. Oh, then there's the 1.5 mil insurance policy and GG trying to leave the country on an earlier flight when he knew the case had not been resolved.

-Lack of information as to the status of the investigation: ALE has been more than secretive, extremely tight lipped and overly protective of information even in spite of the high profile status of the case[/B]. One would think that they would care more, that they would try harder after the Natalee Holloway case. Yet they have still given it no credence . What does that tell us?

2.Disputing the credibility of all witnesses; denying that they even exist, or claiming they "have their days mixed up", etc.

3.Lack of investigation into the other possible connections, such as the Rum Reef Bar and Grill. Why did GG take Robyn to that specific place at the same time, two days in a row, and make an obvious point of getting them on video surveillance ?
a.Why did he so inexplicably stand up and announce themselves by name while in the Rum Reef?
b.Why did he state out loud to the server that Robyn had taken a sleeping pill while in the Rum Reef? Who says things like that to people they don't know??? Why at the Rum Reef Bar and Grill? The Rum Reef is starting to stand out like a sore thumb, imo.

Cover up? Maybe not so far fetched at all. jmo

There are photo's in thread #5 of Robyn with tattoos. The writing on forearm is a different style of lettering. Seemed odd boyfriend said "100%" that it was Robyn in favorite dress. Gary appears to be setting up who exactly they are by announcing names as if they need to appear to be those people. Perhaps other blonde with similar but not same tattoo was wearing Robyn's dress on day two at Rum Reef Bar and Grill.

You actually think they have a video of GG the entire time, from start to finish, of him at the time of and following the report, and throughout the entire search?
Really? What about if he had his watch in his pocket? A very common thing, my husband often does that as well. Idk, seems like you're not only nitpicking, but trying to pick something more. jmo

I don't know anyone that carries a watch in their pocket, period. especially when you know that you are going in the ocean.
I don't know what you mean by nitpicking, but if it bothers you that I for one don't want to see a person being falsely accused of murder because some fisherman that wanted to be on tv got his days wrong, just sayin

There are photo's in thread #5 of Robyn with tattoos. The writing on forearm is a different style of lettering. Seemed odd boyfriend said "100%" that it was Robyn in favorite dress. Gary appears to be setting up who exactly they are by announcing names as if they need to appear to be those people. Perhaps other blonde with similar but not same tattoo was wearing Robyn's dress on day two at Rum Reef Bar and Grill.

Very interesting. I have had suspicions to a slight degree about that, mainly because in the video of Robyn when she is going to and from the bathroom, and when they are walking into the Rum Reef, it doesn't really look like her face to me. I shrugged it off though because the video is so grainy. She also looks heavier in the video. I remember discussing in an earlier thread when HatesSociopaths made the comment that Robyn might be wearing that dress because of her weight gain. We then just came to the conclusion that it was the poor quality video. Now you've got me wondering if it was a different woman.

Totally agree with what you say in bold.

So you think it is a different woman the second day because something had already happened to Robyn prior to that?

Hmmmm.

I don't know anyone that carries a watch in their pocket, period. especially when you know that you are going in the ocean.
I don't know what you mean by nitpicking, but if it bothers you that I for one don't want to see a person being falsely accused of murder because some fisherman that wanted to be on tv got his days wrong, just sayin

Ashley Banfield reports here that it was a "responding officer" who reported that GG was staring at his wrist watch and stated in a calm voice, "she might be dead now".
http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836

Very interesting. I have had suspicions to a slight degree about that, mainly because in the video of Robyn when she is going to and from the bathroom, and when they are walking into the Rum Reef, it doesn't really look like her face to me. I shrugged it off though because the video is so grainy. She also looks heavier in the video. I remember discussing in an earlier thread when HatesSociopaths made the comment that Robyn might be wearing that dress because of her weight gain. We then just came to the conclusion that it was the poor quality video. Now you've got me wondering if it was a different woman.

Totally agree with what you say in bold.

So you think it is a different woman the second day because something had already happened to Robyn prior to that?

Has crossed my mind. Doesn't look the same to me either. Seems out there but it is what it is. Curious.

I don't have time to go back through #5 right now, but i am very curious

Are all of the pics you are comparing taken on this trip to Aruba?

If, so, that would be big!!

Oh, and I have also been very curious about the same dress and the introduction

I see no reason why ALE wouldn't have interviewed Silva, they would have interviewed any potential witnesses. Unless they're totally incompetent and not doing their job.

I see no reason why he hasn't been interviewed either.
Just because its not in a media report, doesn't mean it didn't happen

At the time of his TV appearance, he had not been interviewed according to him

AFAIK, there has been no follow up with Mr silva that has been public

Have had a terrible time refreshing and opening pages

Anyone else?

For those with interest looks as though the day before his release there were a couple of people that wanted to keep there distance from him when he returned. Al thou it was denied.

For those with interest looks as though the day before his release there were a couple of people that wanted to keep there distance from him when he returned. Al thou it was denied.

What is this about EM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members