LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I graduated from UL in Criminal Justice, and during several different classes in policing and forensics, it was mentioned that in this area, decomp would start very soon, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't have the smell until a week after the fact. With the humidity and temps where they are, it would only be a few days.

I rode the same route yesterday and didn't pick up any smell. Also, I am not seeing much police at that intersection.

I graduated from UL in Criminal Justice, and during several different classes in policing and forensics, it was mentioned that in this area, decomp would start very soon, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't have the smell until a week after the fact. With the humidity and temps where they are, it would only be a few days.

Unless the person who grabbed her held her captive for a few days before dumping her body. I hope not, but that would explain why it took so long for there to be a smell.
btw- This is my first post here, but I've been religiously following this case for the past three days. As a college kid, I used to ride my bike around the inner ring suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. Now, going on 40, I realize anything could have happened, but i just didn't see it then. I hope by some miracle Mickey is okay.

Unless the person who grabbed her held her captive for a few days before dumping her body. I hope not, but that would explain why it took so long for there to be a smell.
btw- This is my first post here, but I've been religiously following this case for the past three days. As a college kid, I used to ride my bike around the inner ring suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. Now, going on 40, I realize anything could have happened, but i just didn't see it then. I hope by some miracle Mickey is okay.

Thanks for the info about decomp, I was just guessing.
Needless to say I won't ever be jogging or biking by myself at night anymore. It was my absolute favorite time to ride and run. So quiet and peaceful. Now a terrifying idea. Attached is my embellished rendering of what everyone is seeing in the photo release by LE ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338063912.156230.jpg what is that squarish thing behind the back drivers side tire?

You're right.

Here's her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/charlene.shunick

Scroll down left column for her specific comments from last night.

All things considered and even if LE considers there to be nothing suspicious about THAT white truck, it still makes no sense to NOT be searching for that particular truck. None.

If it were my vehicle that had been captured on that cam within minutes (see car at gas pump for time reference), innocently driving by, I would expect to be found and questioned as to what, if anything, I had seen.

As far as ICE being brought in to assist, perhaps the mexican license plate some one had seen/mentioned yesterday and I believe he called it in or you all told him to call it in has some part in her missing.
Just thought I would mention it as I stopped in to check on Mickey.
JMO

All things considered and even if LE considers there to be nothing suspicious about THAT white truck, it still makes no sense to NOT be searching for that particular truck. None.

If it were my vehicle that had been captured on that cam within minutes (see car at gas pump for time reference), innocently driving by, I would expect to be found and questioned as to what, if anything, I had seen.

I think you said it best last night on [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7968082&postcount=253"]thread #3, #253[/ame]:
How very very frustrating.

Two thoughts:

LE may not want that truck to be named as "the one" for legal reasons, similar to how LE won't identify someone as a suspect but now use the term "person of interest".

Second, as more importantly, I suspect there is some concern on the part of LE based on the tone of the (younger) population ...namely, retribution, and they don't want anyone going vigilante on their own. I think they may feel it important to cast that doubt as to this being only a truck that is "similar" so as to divert anyone who may think of doing something stupid if in fact they do happen upon that - or a similar - truck.

I would definitely be going into LPD to speak with officers if that was my vehicle and I wasn't involved. I would want my name cleared ASAP.

Yeah I was just there and there are people looking around at St. Louis/St. Landry but no police cars that I could see. There was a car that looked like a golf cart (no doors) that was going round and round over there. Don't know if it's volunteers with the search groups. There was a man on the roof of the garage earlier today.

Earlier today around 10am there was a police car near Backham, but not more than one and no K-9. Wonder if they are finding anything. Yesterday evening near Backham there was a car with a boat on top, which I think I had also seen near the search center on St. Mary.
'

we went by around 12 and behind the cajundome by the cement coulee there were police a k-9 unit and theyre putting up caution tape around that field with an orange cone down???? i think they found something

Does anyone else see chrome trim around the upper edge of the rear wheel well on the truck?

'

we went by around 12 and behind the cajundome by the cement coulee there were police a k-9 unit and theyre putting up caution tape around that field with an orange cone down???? i think they found something

What exact location are you seeing K9 & LE at?

'

That would make sense, we drove by closer to 2. It's possible that the K-9 were leaving at that time and not arriving.

'

Is that near the intersection of Coliseum and Souvenir Gate?

Locals: per FB, search HQs are moving at 7pm tonite, to Blackham Colloseum. They're asking for volunteers to help move.

Locals: per FB, search HQs are moving at 7pm tonite, to Blackham Colloseum. They're asking for volunteers to help move.

Much larger venue, closer to MS route. Also eases traffic burden on campus and relieves campus PD from handling that large influx of volunteers and donors, in the campus area. Easier in and out drop off point also. Almost unlimited parking, too.

:welcome::fireworks: Great first post. and welcome to WS.

Now that we know that BW is telling the truth about how his and Mickey's night unfolded and how she left his house to bike home as she had done so many times before, I'd like to say something.
Brettly, when I listened to you describing your relationship with Mickey when you were interviewed in the noisy gymnasium, I recognized that you two have reached a higher level of being and a higher level of friendship that seems rare these days. In our sex driven society it is my opinion that so much of life's real meaning and the art of practicing behaviors within relationships that bring genuine connection, fulfillment and intellectual joy have been lost. As I listened to you speak of MS's interests and how she focuses on her own pursuits and, as her friend, you were (I hope 'were' becomes 'are') able to take part in those interests too, I was inspired.

Today it seems that topics of conversation revolve mostly around who is doing what with whom and who is not fitting into our own molds, etc. The focus today seems so often to be on the other guy versus growing our own selves and developing our own interests. Friendship is a wonderful thing and appreciating one another like it seems you two do is a relationship to be forever cherished and grateful for. Anyway, the generous quality I noticed about you when you spoke about MS is one that I don't often notice anymore. Thank you for being a good example. You appear to be a great friend and person. My condolences for what you have been through and are going through on Mickey's behalf.

Is that near the intersection of Coliseum and Souvenir Gate?
Yes it is. Daughter and I searched up and down that coulee, in the cement drains, fields, etc. on Wednesday. I think MS's friends had searched that area prior as well. I still think that area from the end of St. Landry (by Blackham) and Coliseum Rd. is where she was abducted. JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie