Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This area that we the local call pole yard landing, its swampy, river been real high, ,but no you dont have a pay booth etc, its open to all,yes alot of little dirt type side roads,,,,,yes seem area as before they searched,they just going up river banks futher,,,

oh well they went cgheck last time they search (in October) that area is private its farm like planation and just anyone cant go on that property,this time they back searching river banks

Just remember the Santee areas has lot ppl and alot of drug saling,,

no confirm yet on sunglasses,,,from what i heard they been sent to a lab be tested,,but CUE and Law will search again Jan 9th 2012,,seems to me they keep searching,most likey will if sunglasses turn up to be Britts,,but odd sunglasses would of been in her pocketbook? as late as it was getting 9oclock ish time frame of her disappearing she wouldnt needed sunglasses at that hour? all this very odd!!

no confirm yet on sunglasses,,,from what i heard they been sent to a lab be tested,,but CUE and Law will search again Jan 9th 2012,,seems to me they keep searching,most likey will if sunglasses turn up to be Britts,,but odd sunglasses would of been in her pocketbook? as late as it was getting 9oclock ish time frame of her disappearing she wouldnt needed sunglasses at that hour? all this very odd!!

Unless she wore them up in her hair (I couldn't tell by the hotel pics.

Oh that link to the boat launch you posted said accessed by Hwy 17. Isn't that also the way her phone pinged.

Maybe sunglasses were in the pocketbook she was carrying and if they were I would guess it's possible they could have fallen out of the pocketbook as she was being taken into the area. Or maybe the contents of her pocketbook were dumped/strewn? Or maybe she did have the sunglasses actually on her somewhere - maybe 'hooked' to the pocket or waist of her shorts...glasses possibly became dislodged and no one noticed...wouldn't have made any noise as they hit the ground and were dark in color and with it being night, they wouldn't have been seen.

Maybe sunglasses were in the pocketbook she was carrying and if they were I would guess it's possible they could have fallen out of the pocketbook as she was being taken into the area. Or maybe the contents of her pocketbook were dumped/strewn? Or maybe she did have the sunglasses actually on her somewhere - maybe 'hooked' to the pocket or waist of her shorts...glasses possibly became dislodged and no one noticed...wouldn't have made any noise as they hit the ground and were dark in color and with it being night, they wouldn't have been seen.

Good point MBLover wonder if they will find the phone or that could be with BD whereever she is.

Lets hope the sunglasses are hers. There was heavy rain storms after she went missing from what I remember and her pocketbook contents could have spilled out. Lets hope there is still DNA on them.

Good point MBLover wonder if they will find the phone or that could be with BD whereever she is.

Would hope that they do.

Although I flashback to what Monica Caison said a few months ago about that phone... She said if someone picked it up/found it to please come forward with it (words to that effect).

Which kind of makes me wonder if the person who did whatever to BD went back in and found that phone, removed it and/or completely destroyed it.

I just wish the next scheduled search was sooner than Jan. But I know with the Holidays that a search now involving lots of people would be somewhat tough to pull together, IMO.

Hopefully something else will turn up soon.

Would hope that they do.

Although I flashback to what Monica Caison said a few months ago about that phone... She said if someone picked it up/found it to please come forward with it (words to that effect).

Which kind of makes me wonder if the person who did whatever to BD went back in and found that phone, removed it and/or completely destroyed it.

I just wish the next scheduled search was sooner than Jan. But I know with the Holidays that a search now involving lots of people would be somewhat tough to pull together, IMO.

Hopefully something else will turn up soon.

I know hopefully something will fall into place. Maybe the phone was thrown into the river. IMO it would be risky whoever did it to go back to the scene because of all the media I would think they would stay away

I hope that they get some answers and closure here

it just struck me how heartbreaking it is....a pair of "knockoff" sunglasses..
that have been out there for all these months, thru all sorts of weather, rain...
yet they MAY the only link , the only hope of finding this poor girl...

so very sad....it is just frightning to see the many missing people...and the families who wait for them....my thoughts and prayers are with them tonight

Unless she wore them up in her hair (I couldn't tell by the hotel pics.

Oh that link to the boat launch you posted said accessed by Hwy 17. Isn't that also the way her phone pinged.

Yes thats seem area of her cell phone ,,,

Hey MBLOVER I think (could be wrong) that it is mostly newyorkers who have to pay to enter parks (just another tax by our overtaxed state LOL) most states I think don't. JMO

Rose- is this the same area the first search was at last May? I remember the Francis National Forest. I thought it was supposedly dangerous with wild animals etc. Do people normally camp there? Also, is it mostly accessed by boat

I camp in a lot of state parks in SC. Mostly around Huntington Beach just south of Myrtle Beach. It is $5 ea. to enter a state park in SC unless you are camping, then you just pay the camping fee. At the Santee River bridge on hwy 17 past Georgetown and before you get into Charleston county, there is a dirt road that cuts off of the hwy. There is access for boats. At this area you do not have to pay. There are also several rough dirt roads/paths that a car could travel on through the Frances Marion Forests that are long the Santee River.

When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821