State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his depositions, Brad clearly said he cleaned the floors but NOT the bathrooms.
After reflection, doncha think he would have said he did to explain why the bathroom cleaning products were out in plain view?

No, that's not what he said.

He said that in his estimation (upon being asked while on the stand) a car would have fit in the garage and the only thing that needed to be done to make the car fit, was move the little pink barbie car off to the side. In the photo on the left that toy car is peeking out on the right side of the green recycling bin.

Thanks for the clarification. I would love to see the dimensions from the garage door to that table versus the length of the car. If it fit with the table there, it would be a very tight fit. So if he could get the car in, would he have enough space between the car and garage door to maneuver to put a body in? I guess he could try to put a body in from the side, but that wouldn't be easy.

I think he killed her in the foyer, as the cops suggest. Was he waiting at the door when she returned, or did he chase her down the stairs after a confrontation upstairs?

I'm really enjoying discussing the photo evidence on here. I hope we get to do a lot more of this versus discussing someones opinion of how Brad was acting or their marriage.

Really? Do you take the time to push the sheets and covers for the entire bed to the bottom when you merely get out?

Mine doesn't look too far off that. Though in my case there is usually at least one of my two cats lounging on it. I was embarrassed today as I forgot that there were going to be electricians in my place. I was going to make the bed but Dexter looked so cozy that I felt bad disturbing his slumber (poor dear needs all 23 hours of beauty sleep or else he gets cranky).

Then next thing I knew I had 2 electricians in my bedroom probably thinking that I'm a pig. (made worse by the fact that both cats got caught in the bedroom when the guys showed up so they burrowed under all the covers to hide. (just ignore the 2 cat shaped lumps under my messy bed covers)

Thanks for the clarification. I would love to see the dimensions from the garage door to that table versus the length of the car. If it fit with the table there, it would be a very tight fit. So if he could get the car in, would he have enough space between the car and garage door to maneuver to put a body in? I guess he could try to put a body in from the side, but that wouldn't be easy.

The garage is about 19 feet wide, and about 22 feet deep.

I think he killed her in the foyer, as the cops suggest. Was he waiting at the door when she returned, or did he chase her down the stairs after a confrontation upstairs?

I'm thinking that something he saw on the computer (was it 10:30?) put him over the boiling point. They indicated that all the lights in the house were off when she was going home at midnight. He indicated that he was sleeping in the girls room. (I wondered about this. A big "Why?") My thought was that he heard the key in the door and came down and confronted her in the foyer. After that I have no ideas.

The garage is about 19 feet wide, and about 22 feet deep.

Is that the total depth? What I am curious about is how much room there is available for him to pull in. The ladder and workbench (with the green recycling bins) look like they take up about 6 feet or so. So that would leave 16 feet of space to pull in. A google search says it is somewhere between 14-15 feet in length. So if my estimate of 6 feet is correct, it would just squeeze in.

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/nancycooper/2011/03/17/9287831/172287-bc2-484x359.jpg

Have we heard any testimony yet about the conflicting statements made by the defendant?

a little, yes.
LTF card swiping versus not card swiping

We discussed this a bit yesterday... even this part, I don't think is 100% confirmed as conflicting yet is it? I assume we'll hear more about it... especially if it contributes one way or the other.

He indicated that he was sleeping in the girls room. (I wondered about this. A big "Why?")

Maybe the girls were fussy, having trouble getting to sleep, so he moves the tv into their room to watch something with them and then he falls asleep.

If it fit with the table there, it would be a very tight fit. So if he could get the car in, would he have enough space between the car and garage door to maneuver to put a body in?

The table appears to be far enough left of center of the garage, I don't think there would be any issues driving the car into the garage. Look how far the table is to the left of the garage opener light. The recycling bins are no more than 48" from the left side wall of the garage, the garage is easily 19' in width. Recycling bins are at most 4'wide, if that. The back wall of the garage, whats appears to be wood secured to that wall, the wood appears to be secured with some type of wall anchors. These appear to be 16" apart, the width of studs in the wall. I see it very possible to fit the car into this garage.

Maybe the girls were fussy, having trouble getting to sleep, so he moves the tv into their room to watch something with them and then he falls asleep.

Maybe. I'm still surprised they had them sleeping in the same room. (One wakes up, they BOTH wake up.) He was on the computer at 10:30 or at least I think I've seen that somewhere. Were the girls still awake at that time? Was Katie in bed and Bella was still up? (My guess on that one is "yes" if she slept in until 8:30.) I know trials are not geared this way but I need ALL the information.

Is that the total depth? What I am curious about is how much room there is available for him to pull in. The ladder and workbench (with the green recycling bins) look like they take up about 6 feet or so. So that would leave 16 feet of space to pull in. A google search says it is somewhere between 14-15 feet in length. So if my estimate of 6 feet is correct, it would just squeeze in.

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/nancycooper/2011/03/17/9287831/172287-bc2-484x359.jpg

This is an approximate floorplan of the main floor.

CooperMainFloor.jpg

The table appears to be far enough left of center of the garage, I don't think there would be any issues driving the car into the garage. Look how far the table is to the left of the garage opener light. The recycling bins are no more than 48" from the left side wall of the garage, the garage is easily 19' in width. Recycling bins are at most 4'wide, if that. The back wall of the garage, whats appears to be wood secured to that wall, the wood appears to be secured with some type of wall anchors. These appear to be 16" apart, the width of studs in the wall. I see it very possible to fit the car into this garage.

I will look at the garage pics again to try to judge the space, but those recycle bins were in use by the Town of Cary for several years. They are nothing like 4 feet wide. I would say a bit over 2 feet, but mine has been gone for a while. You could easily hold it on each end at the widest point, and your hands would be a little more than shoulder width.

I remember when my kids were young that we were very careful about leaving any type of chemicals within reach of the kids. The wife would ensure that all chemicals were stored on shelves outside their reach. It seems odd (or perhaps just careless parents) to have these 2 bottles sitting out in the open.

Good get -- my "young and only one" is 28 now (years, not months!), so it's been a while since I've had to think like that....As dedicated to her babies as NC was said to be (and the pictures surely say that to me!), I just don't see her leaving cleaning stuff out like that. This would probably have put her into orbit. And when would she have done that?? And JA (I think it was) said that their house was always picked up and orderly -- except for the toys, and even those got put away frequently. I remember she said she was quite surprised at the look of the house that day...

Good get -- my "young and only one" is 28 now (years, not months!), so it's been a while since I've had to think like that....As dedicated to her babies as NC was said to be (and the pictures surely say that to me!), I just don't see her leaving cleaning stuff out like that. This would probably have put her into orbit. And when would she have done that?? And JA (I think it was) said that their house was always picked up and orderly -- except for the toys, and even those got put away frequently. I remember she said she was quite surprised at the look of the house that day...

The painting friend also said that Nancy needed help to organize, so I don't think the house was all that orderly.

Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.

Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.

I did a contract recently where the co. gave me a blackberry. I was constantly screwing up the password. Each time I set it aside to deal with later, the number of password entry times was reset. That is, the blackberry forgot about my previous attempts. I think all those tries have to be one after the other.

OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.

something hard enough to break the skin (scratch, bite, whatever) would still be visible days later. I wonder if you could see his hands in the press conference where he spoke.

I'm not computer literate enough to bring the photo over (sorry), but in the photos provided by the defense to refute the neck scratches you can see his left hand very clearly. Both photos show the hand palmside down, but there is no bandaid and no evidence of a scratch or bite, at least on the back of his hand. It was the left hand reported to have the bandaid, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah