NM NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

Evelyn said. “I always had it in my heart that if Robbie ever came home he would not be a sound person, he would have a lot of issues and this person has a lot of issues for unknown reasons.”

(Quote from the reference above.)

This guy has issues???

That is a very interesting quote Trino.
The whole story leaves a lot of question at this point. Is this boy just some disturbed youth or are those "issues" because of something that happened in his past? What could he possibly gain from claiming to be the missing boy?

This is so strange. We all have memories from when we are 8 years old. We would know if we were taken from our home. A lot of Questions.

The girl saying it is not Robbie. She knew him in the 8th grade. Did she know him before he was 7 years old? If not, her statement is meaningless. imo

I wonder if Yolanda Armendariz has any other children and if so were they born in Mexico.

I guess the DNA will tell the truth.........

This is so strange. We all have memories from when we are 8 years old. We would know if we were taken from our home. A lot of Questions.

The girl saying it is not Robbie. She knew him in the 8th grade. Did she know him before he was 7 years old? If not, her statement is meaningless. imo

I wonder if Yolanda Armendariz has any other children and if so were they born in Mexico.

I guess the DNA will tell the truth.........

I agree, I don't see the significance of her statement either. Her saying that it's not him because he has a different name and she knew him in 8th grade means nothing. If he had been abducted, he almost certainly would be going by a different name.

The pictures looking remarkably similar in my opinion. Praying that Robbie's mom gets some answers.

I think its a good possibility that he IS the missing boy. The certainly look A LOT a like. The "mother" cant provide credible evidence he was born to her. He cant remember much from his childhood, etc...

The mind works in mysterious ways, sometimes children forget things because they are too bad to remember. (repressed memories...) Then there is the possibility of Stockholm syndrome, where the victim feels empathy towards its captor. If this is the missing Robbie, he might be shying away from the police because he doesn't want the woman who raised him the last 11 years to get into trouble.

Now, This is going to go a little bit off-topic, but I'm curious about what kinds of memories people do have of when they were under 8 years old?

For me, my vivid memories - the kind that I can shut my eyes and still see clearly close to 50 years later are the things that were hurtful emotionally, physically or both. When I was 4, my family returned home from vacation and found that our house had been broken into. I remember the fear and can still see myself trying to keep close to my parents for protection.

At about the age of 3 or 4, I stepped on a bee hive and several bees were caught in my shirt. I was stung several times and my Dad ripped the shirt off me, hence, loosing the little ducky buttons that ran down the front of my favorite shirt. I remember the bee stings and loosing those buttons!

When I was 5 and about to start school, my Mom took me and had all my blonde curls cut off really short. I went from the pretty little blonde to my parents calling me their little "boy-girl". (I still wear my hair long and will never get it cut short.)

Also getting ready for the first day of school, we went out and bought me a new pair of shoes. I was skipping through the living room and my new shoes got caught on the carpeting. I fell and hit my head on the coffee table. I remember the accident and the resulting trip to the hospital, just to make sure I didn't have a concussion, which, in my brain was horribly life-threatening thing. (grammar format intentional to speak as we did in the 1960's)

Don't get me wrong, my childhood was generally happy and carefree. But the happy memories are all clouded and clogged with the photographs I have seen all my life and the stories people have told.

To me there is a pretty clear distinction between "vivid" or "real" memories vs. those that have been influenced by photographs and handed down stories.

I wonder how this boy went to school with no birth certificate.

The similarities I see in the pictures are the eyebrows and the ears.

DNA results in Romero case expected by Monday

We could know by Monday if the decade-old Robbie Romero case is finally closed.

The New Mexico Department of Public Safety is expected to release DNA results in the next 48 hours to confirm if a man known as Robert Terrezas - and now claiming to be Romero - is in fact the missing boy.

Ricky Romero, brother of the Robbie Romero who disappeared in Santa Fe in 2000, told police he met a man named Robert Terrezas.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2287425.shtml?cat=500

One thing that I am having a hard time with is if he is Robbie, Robbie's mother doesn't seem to know it. She says it looks like him and has mannerisms like him, but she isn't sure. Wouldn't she know?

Robbie Romero case timeline

Posted at: 09/15/2011 12:43 PM
By: Tracy Dingmann, KOB.com

[June 7, 2000: Robbie Romero disappears from his Santa Fe home. Police treat his disappearance as a possible stranger abduction and search the Caja de Rio landfill for his body. They also dig up the Romero family yard.

June 2000: Police conduct surveillance of the Romero family home after Robbie’s older brother, Ronnie, acts strangely, lies to police and fails a polygraph test. Police are unable to verify a woman’s statement that Ronnie confessed to her that he killed Robbie and hid his body. They are also unable to prove Ronnie Romero’s statement that the woman hit Robbie with her car and killed him.

October 2002: Robbie’s father, Rudy Romero Sr, dies of natural causes.]

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2285600.shtml

One thing that I am having a hard time with is if he is Robbie, Robbie's mother doesn't seem to know it. She says it looks like him and has mannerisms like him, but she isn't sure. Wouldn't she know?

Not necessarily. My son is now 22 and has been away at college since he was 18. I look at him now and rarely see things that remind me of when he was 7. Sometimes I feel like I don't recognize him...

On the other hand in my daughter, who is almost 24, I can see every year of her life in her face, mannerisms, voice, expressions, etc. She also went away to college and has traveled extensively.

I really think it depends on the individuals. The boy might resemble the father more than the mother, as in my case, so she will see less of herself in that child.

Though I'm thinking that this teen isn't Robbie Romero, I find this statement to be very strange:

“This is my son, this is my son,” Armendariz said. “Friends call my son Robert Romero because they have the same face.”

Why would friends call him Robert Romero if he wasn't him? Who would call anyone by the name of a missing person? Just because you might resemble that person? And it is suspicious that the mother has no birth certificate and no photos of her son as a child. Maybe she's just trying to hide something- like the family is illegally residing here from Mexico.

Check out the age progression image side by side with the boy that came forward.

kindralore

Check out the age progression image side by side with the boy that came forward.

kindralore

Something strange with my computer or the forum, but when I look at your post Kindra, there is no link to a photo with an age progression, but when I hit quote it comes up with a link that I can cut and paste into my browser and see. It is hard to tell, if the hair was sticking up in the age progression, it could be the same person. Maybe this forum does not allow photobucket?
kindralore

I think it is... Wow. The ears, the eyes, the nose, the eyebrows.

krqe-mugs-robbie-romero-older-guy-bd_20110915161022_640_480.JPG

http://media2.krqe.com//photo/2011/...omero-older-guy-bd_20110915161022_640_480.JPG

After seeing the side by sides, I'd be incredibly surprised if the DNA doesn't prove a match. The eyes, eyebrows, ears, nose bridge, distance between the lower lip and chin being 'short' all seem to match up perfectly. Still catching up on the thread, but I am curious to know who had been raising him since he was 7. Perhaps a family abduction? Or an abduction by a family friend?

The age progression does not look like this teen who came forward. He has a FB page listing his name as Robert Romero. He has 256 friends on there. Someone must know the truth.

http://www.facebook.com/IrishEyesQQ#!/profile.php?id=100000411418298&sk=wall

I think it looks JUST like the teen that came forward (comparing the photo the police took to the age progression). As far as that facebook, its hard to tell about that pic at all. That person is wearing sunglasses....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back