GUILTY MO - Christopher Marks, 12, St Louis County, 5 Aug 2012

Missing Christopher Marks was last seen swinging from a tire above the Meramec River by a family member with him Sunday night at the Pacific Palisades Conservation Area, confirmed St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch at the scene Tuesday morning.

Fitch said this effort is still consider a search and rescue endeavor.

Christopher is a 12-year-old from Affton who will be a seventh grader at Rodgers Middle School.

Police are searching specifically up to one mile downstream of where Christopher, his twin sister, stepfather and friends were Sunday evening.

"We will not stop until we've search over and over and over again all the options," said Fitch. "The officers won't rest until they've checked it all many times."

http://affton.patch.com/articles/fr...for-christopher-marks-866c346b#video-10929520

Emily Rau
@emilyrau

KMOV Reporter in St. Louis, MO

Back in Pacific where the #SearchForChristopher continues. Police boat just went in. Family still camped outside. @KMOV

Another photo of Christopher
Azop3xuCYAE2ZyJjpglarge.jpg

He's cute as he can be and looks to be quite a character! I pray he is found alive but in my heart of hearts I'm thinking, he is safe forevermore.

Chief Tim Fitch ‏@ChiefTimFitch
St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch
St. Louis County, Missouri

We will update the media on the Christopher Marks missing person case at 4pm at the search site near Pacific.

Emily Rau ‏@emilyrau

Family believes they found Chris' socks. On the road leading to the park. Asking police to expand search area. @KMOV pic.twitter.com/sMdkuQDH

Emily Rau ‏@emilyrau

Family believes they found Chris' socks. On the road leading to the park. Asking police to expand search area. @KMOV pic.twitter.com/sMdkuQDH

I expect he would have taken them off before using the rope.
Could have blown away or been moved by an animal

I don't know why he would not have returned to the rest of the people, unles he got lost..

I expect he would have taken them off before using the rope.
Could have blown away or been moved by an animal

I don't know why he would not have returned to the rest of the people, unles he got lost..

They said he's a boy scout...I'd expect he'd know to stay put! But kids will be kids....kwim.
I'm wondering how it is that the socks were just found, I mean they've had dogs out there and they've been searching since Sunday evening.:waitasec:

If he isn't in the river then I fear he is injured. The weather in that area was absolutely horrible over the weekend with winds upwards of 70 mph in some areas. Looking through the internet I see where there was considerable damage in some areas with fallen trees, downed power lines and heavy rain and hail.

joelcurrier ‏@joelcurrier
Todd Marks, Chris' dad, picked up socks from road; his daughter, Katie, yelled, "Those are Chris' socks!" County cop carried socks away.

Christopher Marks' family just found a pair of pink, white and blue socks near entrance of Pacific Palisades that they believe are his.

http://twitter.com/joelcurrier

Breaking news reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch;

Christopher Marks' family just found a pair of pink, white and blue socks near entrance of Pacific Palisades that they believe are his.

Again...why are those socks just now being found? :waitasec: Sorry, it just seems strange to me.

Todd Marks, Chris' dad, picked up socks from road; his daughter, Katie, yelled, "Those are Chris' socks!" County cop carried socks away.

Okay...my hinky meter just shot through the roof!

So, lip balm that sister gave him and socks

So, lip balm that sister gave him and socks

Yep, and a 12 year old boy, who had consumed beer, clad in only a pair of shorts...no socks, no shoes, no shirt, no lip balm, is out there somewhere. smh!

I know I get jaded by these cases...I wonder if he did go off the rope and ended downstream, got lost finding his way back, then met with foul play?

At first I felt he would be found lost in the woods but now I don't know what to think

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back