Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad I found the information about Natalie House today. Thank you for emailing them. I've had a busy evening and am just now checking the recent posts. If MJD was brought here from another country, how would someone go about doing that? Are these people smuggled into our country? If so then there wouldn't be any kind of record right?

I'm so glad I found the information about Natalie House today. Thank you for emailing them. I've had a busy evening and am just now checking the recent posts. If MJD was brought here from another country, how would someone go about doing that? Are these people smuggled into our country? If so then there wouldn't be any kind of record right?

The Doe Network has listings from other countries. I have checked them all and - with the exception of Elena Soldatova - have not found any possible matches. Suzi Dodt has advised that Elena was too old to have been MJD.

We have discussed the possibility that she was kidnapped or tricked into a prostitution ring. Depending on where she came from and the circumstances of her life, her family (if she has one!) may not have any reason to believe she was in danger. Or may not have the resources necessary to search for her.

I have noticed that many of the missing persons postings from outside the US are pretty sketchy. Some don't even have eye color or other basic (and important!) characteristics.

I'm going to have to call it a night. I did send a message to Natalie's House explaining what we're doing and asking if they and/or their residents would consider taking a look at MJD and her case. I'll let you all know if I hear anything as soon as I can!

The Doe Network has listings from other countries. I have checked them all and - with the exception of Elena Soldatova - have not found any possible matches. Suzi Dodt has advised that Elena was too old to have been MJD.

We have discussed the possibility that she was kidnapped or tricked into a prostitution ring. Depending on where she came from and the circumstances of her life, her family (if she has one!) may not have any reason to believe she was in danger. Or may not have the resources necessary to search for her.

I have noticed that many of the missing persons postings from outside the US are pretty sketchy. Some don't even have eye color or other basic (and important!) characteristics.

I noticed that too. Well, goodnight! (I read your last post) And thank you for contacting Natalie's House! I hope we get feedback soon!

Yes, they are smuggled. False passports and ID's can probably be made for them if they fly. And I'm sure flying into Mexico and walking right over the border is pretty easy as some of the border is wide open. And if the US finds someone in our country who is not a legal citizen, they are deported.

No, if she is from another country, it's likely there is no record of her in the US.

Yes, they are smuggled. False passports and ID's can probably be made for them if they fly. And I'm sure flying into Mexico and walking right over the border is pretty easy as some of the border is wide open. And if the US finds someone in our country who is not a legal citizen, they are deported.

No, if she is from another country, it's likely there is no record of her in the US.
Thank you, that is so frustrating! I just want to know if she had an accent. That would help alot. Sounds like the two in the car are sticking to their story though.

I wonder if she had anything in her pockets receipts money, Or maybe condoms or something that made them think she was a prostitute.

I wonder if she had anything in her pockets receipts money, Or maybe condoms or something that made them think she was a prostitute.

Certainly possible...and I have to respectfully state that anything is relevant to determining her ID. If she had drugs in her system, she had to get them from somewhere. If she was under 18, she had to pay for the things she had somehow since there is no obvious family associated with her or an employer who recognized her...or at least someone who wanted to run to the coroners office and ID her when the story was fresh.

Hard to believe that she is not at the very least a runaway who was living a high risk lifestyle. The area she was allegedly picked up was dangerous...so it is hard to believe that she was there totally alone with no one else for protection. not that she wasn't, I am just saying.

It may very well be her age that is keeping people who might have recognized her quiet....or as someone else suggested, if she was an abduction/non custodial parent, it would be tough to report her missing.

Hi everyone. Lots of good discussion yesterday!

I was thinking that maybe someone should ask Suzi Dodt if we should suspend our efforts for the time being. It seems like LE is making progress on the case, what with the recent updates to MJD's ME page, etc. Perhaps LE does have info that they just can't share, because they are building a case, or don't want a crime syndicate to know just how much info they have? I'm feeling very in the dark on this one. I spend a lot of time thinking about this case, and I'd like to use my efforts elsewhere if they aren't helping on this case.

Exactly. What on her body indicated to LE that she may have been a prostitute or living on the streets?

Hi everyone. Lots of good discussion yesterday!

I was thinking that maybe someone should ask Suzi Dodt if we should suspend our efforts for the time being. It seems like LE is making progress on the case, what with the recent updates to MJD's ME page, etc. Perhaps LE does have info that they just can't share, because they are building a case, or don't want a crime syndicate to know just how much info they have? I'm feeling very in the dark on this one. I spend a lot of time thinking about this case, and I'd like to use my efforts elsewhere if they aren't helping on this case.

Why isn't anyone missing this little girl?!

I'm sure someone is, Vashley! Problem is, that person may be in another country, or has a fear of going to the authorities.

i understand completely what you are saying absinthe...:blowkiss:

ME/LE does not want the crime "solved", they want the little girl ID'd. Maybe we should take a stab at getting some national press for her and see if that helps...perhaps then, at least, there is a chance someone will come forward. Then at least I will feel like I have done what I could....thoughts?

Believe :)

I think that getting this girl some press is the best action we can take right now...and you are right. Our efforts need to be focused on identifying MJD, not "solving" anything (as frustrating as that can be!).

What makes sense in terms of press? AMW, maybe....hmmm, what is that show with Anthony Lapalglia (sp?) where he is the FBI dude???Maybe we can get a picture of her there...

I am going to hit up that author again...

AMW, definitely! I'm not sure what other show you are thinking of. Nancy Grace doesn't do JD's, does she? Hmmm...trying to brainstorm..

AMW, definitely! I'm not sure what other show you are thinking of. Nancy Grace doesn't do JD's, does she? Hmmm...trying to brainstorm..

You know, Nancy Grace might be worth a shot..

Has anyone tried to get her on AMW? I think that's a wonderful idea!

i understand completely what you are saying absinthe...:blowkiss:

ME/LE does not want the crime "solved", they want the little girl ID'd. Maybe we should take a stab at getting some national press for her and see if that helps...perhaps then, at least, there is a chance someone will come forward. Then at least I will feel like I have done what I could....thoughts?

I understand what you guys mean. It's so frustrating to not know exactly what happened, but that's what LE is here for. And even if she does get identified, which is what we are trying to accomplish, that doesn't necessarily mean the "crime" will ever be solved.

I really hope we can get her picture and story out there!

Here is an email I sent to Natalie Grant's home foundation. I'll let ya'll know what I hear back.

"I am writing you on behalf of a woman who died in Phoenix, AZ in 1999. I am part of an online forum trying desperately to find out who this woman was. Please look at the information on this forum and let us know if you have any suggestions to help find her identity.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139
Thank you,
Auburnmommyof2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads