Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time was DrewP's hearing today?

Joel Braaaahhhdddsky (say it the Chaaaacahhhgo way, the way he talks) was just on Mancow and said they have an appearance in court at 1:30pm today, CST.

I do enjoy working from home on Thursday and Fridays - I get to listen to the radio and the news is quick quick quick, faster than the television stations at times.

Doc Baden was on Roe Conn yesterday (WLS 890), near the end of the show and he said it is possible depending on how the body was originally 'perserved' there may well be some skin fragments available.

although it isn't THAT far from Dresden Locks (approx 10 to 15 miles from 55/Marina), Dresden is downstream (west and around a large bend in the river) of where the remains were found. It is highly unlikely these remains were at Dresden and then were pushed against the current and drug upstream & deposited on the shore.

Editing to add: Not to say this absolutely could not happen (if a large boat or barge were going East and caught onto the container and drug it upstream or something to that effect - its just not likely.)

also the miles above are a guesstimate only
Thank you for that! That was the first thing I thought of when I read the headline here.

But it is in the same 'body' of water (I know body of water isn't correct for a river, but I was at a loss for what I really was searching for there)? So even though Sandra was 'off' she was still 'on'?

does anyone remember where DP's cell phone pings were??? how far from this location?? I'll have to go search the older threads because I just do not recall that info.

Thank you for that! That was the first thing I thought of when I read the headline here.

But it is in the same 'body' of water (I know body of water isn't correct for a river, but I was at a loss for what I really was searching for there)? So even though Sandra was 'off' she was still 'on'?

pretty darn close, just around the bend, so to speak.

So anyone out there got any knowledge about decomp that may be able to tell if either of the time frames match the level of decomp? I know water would speed the process, but the report on GMA this AM said the body was wearing only underware, which leads me to believe it's not all the decomposed... at least, the fabric is intact. I'm not familiar with Lisa's case (isn't that awful, I only know Stacy cause she got national coverage) but it seems to me that Drew would have been "smart" enough to remove all clothing...

One thing that bothers me is will they be able to pull DNA from the remains after a year and a half or will the exposure to water, heat and cold have degraded the DNA too much? I guess the fact that what they have recovered is the lower torso, which means the hips. I know they are supposed to be more protected, though teeth are usually best after a long period of time.

pretty darn close, just around the bend, so to speak.
Hmmmmm........ I don't know what to say about that. I think I have to allow it to sink in a tad before I even know what I think about that.

Is it just me, or does that affect anyone else in a rather chilling/haunting/uncertain sorta way?

So anyone out there got any knowledge about decomp that may be able to tell if either of the time frames match the level of decomp? I know water would speed the process, but the report on GMA this AM said the body was wearing only underware, which leads me to believe it's not all the decomposed... at least, the fabric is intact. I'm not familiar with Lisa's case (isn't that awful, I only know Stacy cause she got national coverage) but it seems to me that Drew would have been "smart" enough to remove all clothing...

The water in that river is pretty cold, and if the body remained in the blue container or barrell for some length of time, those factors may have slowed decomposition. I'll bet my bottom dollar it's Stacy, and suddenly Drew's step-brother's statements about helping Drew move a blue barrell become all important.

I'm still reading that other site. They bring up some very good points. Brodsky claims Drew is "unconcerned" about these remains.

Well, shouldn't he at least be concerned that they may be his missing wife and his kids will hear about this and it could be their mom? Unless, he knows it's not her? Or is this more of his false Sociopathic nothing bothers me bravado?

I am just trying to reconcile the idea of this maybe being Stacy.
If indeed she was dumped in the Desplaines river in the blue barrel 18 months ago, why did it take so long for it to be discovered after such an extensive search in the Lockport area way back when she was reported missing.
If it is her, the barrel had to be weighted down because from Lockport on down the river to where this discovery was made is heavily traveled by freighters and barges down thru Joliet to where they are now.
Waters churned up and flowing.
The river is not real wide thru that area and there alot of recreational boaters traveling thru as well.
I really hope that an ID can be made soon. I am going away this weekend and will not have communication and this will be on my mind nonstop.
I am praying for the families of Stacy and Lisa and hope this holds an answer for them.

I don't know if you know this but the lady who worked on the Lacey Peterson case also posted about the Stacy Peterson case. I read most of what she said last year about Stacy and she did say that Stacy's body was in that Lockport area and that barges and freighters would eventually cause the barrel to move and go down/up (I don't know that area) stream. I'm sure someone here knows the lady I am talking about. I can not remember her name right now. She has all the files on her site. I'm going to have to see if I can locate it. This is very interesting turn of events.

I'm still reading that other site. They bring up some very good points. Brodsky claims Drew is "unconcerned" about these remains.

Well, shouldn't he at least be concerned that they may be his missing wife and his kids will hear about this and it could be their mom? Unless, he knows it's not her? Or is this more of his false Sociopathic nothing bothers me bravado?

he may well be unconcerned even if he knows it is Stacy if he feels there is no physical evidence to link him to the body. I think he is just an *advertiser censored* and this is his personality.

although it isn't THAT far from Dresden Locks (approx 10 to 15 miles from 55/Marina), Dresden is downstream (west and around a large bend in the river) of where the remains were found. It is highly unlikely these remains were at Dresden and then were pushed against the current and drug upstream & deposited on the shore.

Editing to add: Not to say this absolutely could not happen (if a large boat or barge were going East and caught onto the container and drug it upstream or something to that effect - its just not likely.)

also the miles above are a guesstimate only
Remember only the bottom half of body washed up--maybe more will show up downstream by locks? Just a thought.

I honestly hope its Stacey who is making sure that Drew's arrogant comments about getting off on the charges for his second wife's murder doesnt happen or that he pays the piper on her own murder..

I heard on the news a bit ago a female body was found in a Chicago lake. It was reported possibly Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic...I do not have a link. This is my FIRST THREAD... I hope I did it properly.

Hmmmmm........ I don't know what to say about that. I think I have to allow it to sink in a tad before I even know what I think about that.

Is it just me, or does that affect anyone else in a rather chilling/haunting/uncertain sorta way?

I'm still pretty iffy about her. She gets points for the right area. But she also predicted that Stacey would be found last year..... spring or June or sometime in there.

One thing that bothers me is will they be able to pull DNA from the remains after a year and a half or will the exposure to water, heat and cold have degraded the DNA too much? I guess the fact that what they have recovered is the lower torso, which means the hips. I know they are supposed to be more protected, though teeth are usually best after a long period of time.

I am fairly certain they can get it from the bones even if they have been in the water.

I honestly hope its Stacey who is making sure that Drew's arrogant comments about getting off on the charges for his second wife's murder doesnt happen or that he pays the piper on her own murder..

Actually, Kathleen Savio was Drew's THIRD wife. He didn't kill the first two, just made their lives a living hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita