British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the talking heads made it sound like on appeal she could have her sentence shortened significantly. I doubt they would overturn it, but it could be shortened. At this point, I think that is the best she and her family can hope to happen. I wonder how long appeals take in Italy? Their whole system seems flawed to me. I think it was on Fox that someone made the comment that in the US you are innocent until proven guilty....in Italy, if you are charged, you are considered guilty and it is your responsibility to prove innocence.

The CNN reporter said that it could possibly be next summer before the appeals could even start. That is sloooow.

Didn't Guede request a speedy trial?

Perfect statement on the cherry picking Steely D.

This is not over yet: There will be appeals. She has also been charged for accusing her boss Patrick, I don't know how this will proceed now though. I also heard her parents have been charged with defamation for statements they have made in the press but I'm not positive at the moment.

They have been charged with defamation yes.

As for Patrick he is suing her for compensation. I am not sure shes being charged with anything else in connection to him. The sad thing about that is his wife and little child saw him dragged out of bed cause of her lies.

That's a huge piece of evidence that makes me think she's guilty. JMO

There's the rub. It seems that a lot of belief in the verdict relies on what country your from. It seem that the Italians and Brits agree on the verdict and some Americans think it's a travesty of justice. IMO, that comes down to how the media cherry picks the evidence and the spin.

Its also been reported that she threatened a guy with a knife in Italy.

I agree there is a difference in where you come from on whether you believe the verdict or not. It seems to me..that Americans..or some would rather put all the blame on a black guy from the Ivory Coast rather than accept a American girl could have been involved in this. And then because she is..then its like well Amandas not guilty its just the Italians are corrupt blah blah blah.

The CNN reporter said that it could possibly be next summer before the appeals could even start. That is sloooow.

He did yes because he was worried that Knox was going to try and frame him apparently.

can someone link me to the prior kidnapping attempt & knife threat reports please & thank you?

In America it seems the appeals process takes a lot longer. They have to go through multiple judges reviewing the case. JMO

Ha, I know what you mean about the 90s!

-AK was a WITNESS before she accused Patrick L, from that point on she was at least a SUSPECT. AK demanded to speak to LE in the middle of the night and a couple of days later submitted a letter to them describing her 'thoughts' of what might have happened and what she was doing that night that she could remember. She also sent emails describing the day and night to family and friends. All of these statements are full of descrepancies and some outright lies imo. She was offered a translater and did not need one in her own opinion in the first interviews.

-The prosecution did not have to give a motive, mostly it was just speculation/theories/possible scenarios of what might have happened according to all the evidence and using logic.

-I don't think AK hated Meredith, maybe resentment/jealousy/dislike/indifference... probably some better descriptions anyway. I believe this may have started as a prank, as there has been some questions about AK doing this to another person in her past = pretending to kidnap a person or scare them while under disguise. I think it maybe started out that way to scare or intimidate Meredith... and escalated out of control.
I do believe Meredith was annoyed at AK's sanitary habits, activities with guys, and overall behavior... but not hate either.

-The evidence of clean-up and a staged break-in were large factors in case.
RG would not clean up other evidence and leave his all over the place. Why would a break-in be staged? How was this and the blood stains and Meredith's locked door not make AK suspicious when she first came home as she said? Why can RS and AK not remember exactly what they did that night except for proven lies? Why would they BOTH lie anyway, if innocent? There is AKs and Merediths DNA on a knife found at RS home... how could that happen if Meredith had eaten supper with RS as he claimed? Why would they both turn off their cell phones (unlike any other days) at the same time early that night? Where are the clothes and shoes she was wearing that night?
Much more stuff than you might imagine at first to consider imo.
I've followed the case from the beginning and think AK is guilty for all of the reasons you've given in your posts.

The reporting in the U.S. has been very slanted.

IMO

I'm American, I believe she's guilty and I agree with the verdict, and the race thing was never an issue for me.

Gotta be careful with stereotypes all around!

i agree..its just another forum i belong to..its like the black man this and the black man that..and how its all down to the Italian Courts being corrupt and that Amanda is this sweet and innocent thing...while i dont disagree that Guede is guilty...i dont believe he did it on his own and never did.

I just read that the Italian system allows for two appeals against the verdict.

According to AK's aunt, Italy doesn't even sequester the jury, so this jury was reading the papers, watching the news, talking about the case to others, listening to every piece of gossip, etc. That alone is unfair and isn't right!

Let's not forget that just because a media source reports something, it does not make it a fact. Especially in Italy, where do you think the term "Paparazzi" originated? News sources pay people money for stories, whether it's fact or not. Some people react to violence and grieve differently than others, some people become numb and don't react at all. Just because she wasn't always a pile of tears doesn't make her guilty, even if she never cried once. And I don't really care what some shop-owner claims AK was saying while shopping for unmentionables or what type of unmentionables she bought or what she planned on doing while wearing the unmentionables or what Tom told Dick or what Dick told Harry, blah blah blah...

Whether or not she was involved, it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, IMO. In tabloids and other rags she absolutely was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but that doesn't make her actually guilty. And, according to the opinion of many others, including many on WS and in the media that are normally much harder on accused sexually aggressive "criminals", they feel the same as I do. She was NOT given a fair trial. Instead, she was given a scarlet letter.

JMO

i agree..its just another forum i belong to..its like the black man this and the black man that..and how its all down to the Italian Courts being corrupt and that Amanda is this sweet and innocent thing...while i dont disagree that Guede is guilty...i dont believe he did it on his own and never did.
Isabella, I've followed the case from the beginning and I 100% agree with you that Amanda is guilty. i could care less that Amanda smoked marijuana or about her sex life. The footprint under the body, the way the house was cleaned; the phones that were turned off at the same time; that Amanda says she came home and took a shower even though the front door was open and there was blood in the bathroom...Amanda said she thought it was Marilyn's menstrual blood; the hinky staged broken window; that Amanda told people where the body was when she hadn't been in the room; Amanada's and RS's amnesia about the night of the murder; the DNA evidence...there is plenty pointing to Amanda's involvement.

I've been appalled by the bias of the press in the U.S.

I am American and I am happy she is convicted...I think justice was served

I don't see why some Americans are so worried....she might have gotten the death penalty if she did this where I live

If you don't want to go to trial in a foreign country don't do crimes when you travel or study abroad

Italy may do somethings different from us, that is their right. It is not like being on trial in some country with Islamic laws...it is not North Korea.

if you don't want to go to prison here, don't do crimes...really simple

I do think that her family has been using good old American PR people and media to "sanitize" her reputation

from the start she looked smug and like she thought this was a joke..well now she knows it is not

According to AK's aunt, Italy doesn't even sequester the jury, so this jury was reading the papers, watching the news, talking about the case to others, listening to every piece of gossip, etc. That alone is unfair and isn't right!

Let's not forget that just because a media source reports something, it does not make it a fact. Especially in Italy, where do you think the term "Paparazzi" originated? News sources pay people money for stories, whether it's fact or not. Some people react to violence and grief differently than others, some people become numb and don't react at all. And I don't really care what some shop-owner claims AK was saying while shopping for unmentionables or what type of unmentionables she bought or what she planned on doing while wearing the unmentionables or what Tom told Dick or what Dick told Harry, blah blah blah...

Whether or not she was involved, it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, IMO. In tabloids and other rags she absolutely was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but that doesn't make her actually guilty. And, according to the opinion of many others, including many on WS and in the media that are normally much harder on accused sexually aggressive "criminals", they feel the same as I do. She was NOT given a fair trial. Instead, she was given a scarlet letter.

JMO

My honest opinion..any country that has shows like Nancy Grace and Greta shouldnt be complaining about others. By your reasoning how would Casey Anthony ever get a fair trial?

And again i think its where your from as someone posted on whether you believe she was given a fair trial. At the end of the day Amanda is a liar who changed her story various times and even tried to blame a innocent man for it. At some point she has to take responsibility for her actions.

Let's not forget that just because a media source reports something, it does not make it a fact. Especially in Italy, where do you think the term "Paparazzi" originated? News sources pay people money for stories, whether it's fact or not. Some people react to violence and grief differently than others, some people become numb and don't react at all. And I don't really care what some shop-owner claims AK was saying while shopping for unmentionables or what type of unmentionables she bought or what she planned on doing while wearing the unmentionables or what Tom told Dick or what Dick told Harry, blah blah blah...

JMO

There were 8 jurors, 6 normal and 2 judges that saw ALL the evidence. Do you think they were swayed by the evidence or the media?

Do you think the US media was biased in one way or another? Why just the Italian press?

The shop owner testimony was an itsy bitsy piece of the investigation, and I'm not even sure it was brought up at all at trial anyway. It couldn't be proven because of no receipts or videos... and the shop owner wasn't sure when exactly it was.

Would you mind listing your evidence of the trial being 'unfair'? I would like a chance to read it.

There were 8 jurors, 6 normal and 2 judges that saw ALL the evidence. Do you think they were swayed by the evidence or the media?

Do you think the US media was biased in one way or another? Why just the Italian press?

The shop owner testimony was an itsy bitsy piece of the investigation, and I'm not even sure it was brought up at all at trial anyway. It couldn't be proven because of no receipts or videos... and the shop owner wasn't sure when exactly it was.

Would you mind listing your evidence of the trial being 'unfair'? I would like a chance to read it.

So would I :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members