TX - Jasmine Hicks, 21 mos, dies of head trauma, Stafford, 3 Nov 2006

you know i think these sentences are ridiculous.

didnt the woman who shot her sons molester in court get life? the sicko probably would have gotten probation for molesting her kid........

the case i worked on the girl got 40 to a 100 for killing a drug dealer/rapist who she never even met. and this guy throws a baby up against the wall and gets way less.

ridiclous.

A child is 8 times more likely to be abused when there is a boyfriend or stepfather in the house. These mothers should be charged with something. When you have a young child to care for, the last thing you should be looking for is a boyfriend.

I am so sick of hearing this. Most of these severe abuse cases are always done by boyfriends.

I am going to sign up and train to be a child CASA advocate out here for cases that generally will involve some sort of abuse. You better believe that if there is a boyfriend in the house, I will take that into consideration when I do my reports.

Where is the fathers of these kids at?

OT and I know this was an old post, but I'd like to thank the poster for this message as it is a severe eye opener for me. I have a 3 year old daughter and I'm 7 months along with my 2nd daughter..my 3 year old's daddy passed away last year, but he had very good intentions of being a good dad - may he rest in peace.

When I was 5 months along, the father of my 2nd baby left me without another word..moved in with friends, got himself a new girlfriend with a felony record, got himself into his own trouble with the law, changed his number, and refuses to have anything to do with me or the baby. Most everyone I know has advised me to seek out child support and hold him responsible for what he's done. In recent weeks on one of his many drunken nights out with his criminal girlfriend, he's called me from a private number to berate me, make fun of me and my "*advertiser censored* children", tell me how I'm so awful and restraining (because i wouldn't allow him to drink, that made me a horrible g/f) that my first babydaddy killed himself (not true) and then passed the phone to his new girlfriend to brag about how she caught such a "prize" and to tell me she'd love to kick me in the stomach and give me a homemade abortion. I dismissed all these actions as being those of an alcoholic and someone who's obviously running scared at the responsibilities of becoming a father..because at first when he found out, instead of saying he didn't want a child - he proposed to me and bragged about becoming a dad. Now I'm looking at these actions in a much different light thanks to Websleuths and the content posted here by members such as you.

I will not be putting his name on the birth certificate. I will not seek child support. It isn't worth it to me to potentially risk someone who so obviously does not want and probably cannot be a dad hurting my child, or allowing his immature, criminal, and spiteful girlfriend to hurt my child either. Thank you for opening my eyes on the alarming fact that not everyone has the good intentions in their heart I like to think they do.

To add to that, I've been thinking during my pregnancy about how depressed I am that he could do this to me..and how I can't wait to get my body back so maybe hopefully I can find someone to take my mind off of him and distract me from my depression. Not anymore. Forget a boyfriend, forget moving on from him..I have two little girls who mean more to me than myself or anyone/anything else..and if something happened to them, I'd probably turn homicidal - just being honest. Simple pleasure like dates, attention, and sex are just that - SIMPLE pleasures. Not in the least comparable to the "highs" and the joys I feel knowing I've done a good job by my daughters and that despite not having fathers, they are loved immensely and will always be well taken care of so help me God as long as I'm alive.

So, thank you again. Amazing how eye-opening and therapeutic reading other people's thoughts can be. God bless our children.

you know i think these sentences are ridiculous.

didnt the woman who shot her sons molester in court get life? the sicko probably would have gotten probation for molesting her kid........

the case i worked on the girl got 40 to a 100 for killing a drug dealer/rapist who she never even met. and this guy throws a baby up against the wall and gets way less.

ridiclous.
Who will stand up and speak out for the most precious and innocent of victims, as it's obvious our judicial system will not?

Perhaps is there was more vigilante justice it'd send a message to the supreme court? :banghead::furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back