TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too - didn't want to come off sounding like I'm the perfect mom. My 14 year old HAS to call me the minute he arrives at school. Just this year, I've allowed him to ride his bike to school with friends. While it's only a 10 minute jaunt, anything can happen. I say "the minute you don't call me, I'll be busting up your cell phone - then I'll come down to school and have them pull you out of class". Sleepovers the same. If he doesn't answer, then I'm on the phone to the parents house - or the cell of the friend.

He knows to call me if he's going to be 5 minutes late.

Maybe this behaviour isn't the norm - but it works for me. I wish BD had done the same. Those first 24 hours are so critical.

Mel

I gave my kids a lot of 'freedom' but in return they needed to call and check in OFTEN. My youngest is 18 and I still make her text me throughout her little adventures.
If she is sleeping at a friends she has to call me when they get back to the friend's house for the night. I always check in and ask WHO is there and how things are going. If I sense any drama or hinkiness I ask even more questions. LOL
However I do let them go to concerts and parties and go on snowboarding trips because I check in with them several times a night. They don't seem to mind. My 22 yr old even admitted that although it was annoying, it did make him feel that we cared.

BD doesn't want a lawyer right now because she wants to keep talking to LE and in the media. She does not want to clam up and CYA, as a lawyer would surely have her to do. LE was letting this case slide as a runaway until Billie started speaking out in the media on a national level. She is afraid that Hailey will never be found , and she is willing to endure all of the hatred and suspicion to keep Hailey in the news. This is what BD,s best friend Czgtz has been telling us from the start.

The last thing LE wants is for BD to retain counsel. As you know, once she does, her lips will be zipped. For now she continues to sit around the house making inconsistant statements to the media that may eventually lead LE one step closer to finding HD. As long as BD doesn't feel she's a POI, she won't retain counsel and I think LE wants her to keep feeling that way.

I would like to know more about when the brother of HD knocked on the door for 5 minutes and had to go through a window, if SA was in hallway with deer in headlight look.. what after that. I wonder if SA was the only one there, did he have a conversation with David? Was DB still at the police station? Had she been home before then?
Perhaps BD had the car and DD knocked on the door with no car there thinking HD was in the home to let him in? (even though the friend said she wasnt there maybe DD assumed she was at home and didnt know she was having a report filed as to missing)

I just have alot of questions about after DD got into the home through a window did he look around? Did he stay or leave right after? What did SA say to him.. I would think that a teen or someone living in the home would be like What the matter is with you that you didnt answer..

I believe SA is in this up to his nose.. DB I do not think so. I do think that she is highly suspectful of SA but doesnt want to say so on television due to IF he is still speaking to him at all perhaps it will shut down all communication with her and she wont be able to ask him any questions at all.

I would like to know also if she is speaking with him briefly what is she asking him. I am sure that it is just not a hi, how are you doing. She must be questioning him.

I was in a mentally abusive relationship and the person could tell me the most far fetched lies and I would know they were lies but after he insisted my mind would think well maybe he is telling the truth. If he was a controlling person and abusive physically or MENTALLY.. then I can see where she doesnt know what to believe, however if it was my child I would err on the side that HE does have somthing to do with it.. logic would kick in at that point.

I hope they find somthing and arrest him soon. I think another male friend of his may be involved also. I just get this feeling that he didnt act along, but not with BD

More questions than answers at this time.

It's noticable while on TV, BD becomes more emotional when asked about her relationship with SA than she does while speaking about HD.

BD doesn't want a lawyer right now because she wants to keep talking to LE and in the media. She does not want to clam up and CYA, as a lawyer would surely have her to do. LE was letting this case slide as a runaway until Billie started speaking out in the media on a national level. She is afraid that Hailey will never be found , and she is willing to endure all of the hatred and suspicion to keep Hailey in the news. This is what BD,s best friend Czgtz has been telling us from the start.

Hopefully somebody will explain to BD that an attorney won't be holding a gun to her head and forcing her to remain silent. If finding Hailey is her priority, she can have an attorney AND talk. Maybe an attorney is what she needs to start making some sense and to save her damaged credibility.

On the other hand, if she's primarily interested in hiding her involvement in Hailey's disappearance and/or her own reputation, she'll want to clam up soon with or without an attorney. Her doublespeak is having a negative effect on both counts.

yep, she went to work and said she called home at lunchtime to tell the son to text Hailey to come home. The son did that, found out that she never made it and called mom back...

and you answered my question I think! If that report was filed at 2PM then where was Billie at 4pm when DD was banging on the door and went in the window to find SA in deer headlight mode. If she can confirm that, then she was there!..and if she was there why in the hello didn't she open the door in hopes it was her missing daughter???...Oh, I'm really getting pizzed thinking about all this..It's time to step away for a while...Nite/Morning all!

The day DD was banging on door @4pm was Monday the day Hailey was last seen by SA. Tuesday was the day Billie left work early after DD told her Hailey never made it to MB's on Monday. hth...

yep, she went to work and said she called home at lunchtime to tell the son to text Hailey to come home. The son did that, found out that she never made it and called mom back...

and you answered my question I think! If that report was filed at 2PM then where was Billie at 4pm when DD was banging on the door and went in the window to find SA in deer headlight mode. If she can confirm that, then she was there!..and if she was there why in the hello didn't she open the door in hopes it was her missing daughter???...Oh, I'm really getting pizzed thinking about all this..It's time to step away for a while...Nite/Morning all!

those events happened on two separate days

27th - DD crawled through window
28th - report filed

Whisperer, Billie is an LPN but lost her license a while back..she says due to an NSF check that she had written for payment of the renewal..have no idea at this point if that's the real reason, but that's why she has been working at the desk instead of regular duties. Don't think it has to do with Hailey's disappearance, but it has been discussed quite a bit..

And just now finding out Billie has no DRIVERS license but was able to own the vehicle? :banghead:

I was just thinking about that threat to them and here's why...Billie and SA IIRC had been together for about 3-4 yrs..and while she first tried to duck and dodge the fact that SA even lived at the home..later admitted that he had been living there for about 4 months..I am having major problems believing that these 2 had been together for that long and just began living together..I just am. But IF that is true..why just several months after BF threatened to kill you and your daughter do you move him in? None of that makes a lick of sense to me...

~BBM~ You do remember correctly! I thought it was on the first NG show that Billie said SA was her b/f but did not live there. I am looking for the link or w/e it was to prove to another poster that was just another area of Billie's inconsistency. If you or anyone have a link to that portion I sure would appreciate it. TIA!

Article on Dunn Case Most Popular Story on CNN.com
Thursday, January 13 2011

Tens of thousands of people are now aware of Hailey Dunn's disappearance thanks to an article posted on CNN.com.

As of 6:30 a.m. Thursday, a story titled "Missing cheerleader's mom: No party at house after she disappeared" was the most popular story on the website.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331036

Here's the CNN article:

Missing cheerleader's mom: No party at house after she disappeared
January 13, 2011 -- Updated 0909 GMT (1709 HKT)

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/12/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

Adkins Among "Persons of Interest" in Dunn Disappearance
Thursday, January 13 2011

After saying there were several "persons of interest" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn during a Wednesday news conference, law enforcement in Colorado City has now revealed Shawn Adkins to be among them. Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331027

I have no idea why ANYONE would want to download the crimes of Ed Kemper. If that is true, that concerns me greatly. I'm hoping that was just gossip and not true when the media reported the interest one or both have in him.

Now see, I've gotta go google him so I know what we're talking about here..

Good Morning....yet again, you guys have been busy all nite, and I still gotta go back and catch up....but...

EVERYBODY, IMO, seems to be tryin to cover their own butts...or maybe trying to throw SA under the bus - remember, he IS the "outsider" in all of this. Not...not...NOT defending him, though. I KNOW he's involved in all of this and SHOULD be a POI, if not a main suspect, again, JMO.

If this is what LE has been getting from the start, then I can truly see why it looks like they're spinning around like a whirling dervish.

Phones....who REALLY has them...was there ONE or twelve...how's everybody pinging if BD says there was only the ONE phone she left home?? (Rhetorical question - not expecting answers or explainations...LOL)

BD stated Hailey had a "knockoff IPod", or whatever type of thing she supposedly had....BUT, BD stated on NG it had broke or quit working or something like that BEFORE all this started. There's no internet, yet everyones updating MySpace and FB....AND, supposedly, Hailey's device was found in her room...so how was BD gonna call her at MB's to say "Good nite" or whatever....how was DD supposed to have texted Hailey???
BD states Hailey watching TV at 10 pm...last time BD says she saw her...yet DD states she's playing games when he left around 9 pm....and would "probably" be playing till midnight....definitely speculation on his part, because she could have just called it quits. But, then, why didn't BD explain that DD and Hailey were playing games, etc.

I NEED to go back to the beginning reports, because IIRC, Hailey DID go over to her dads and talked to DD that day....please don't go off on any tangents or posts about that comment. I am truly NOT sure about that!! BUT, I know my mind started going to maybe DD had something to do with all of this. ALSO...I'm pretty positive in maybe the first NG interview, BD said Hailey had a 13 yo "boyfriend" (??)...she didn't elaborate...but seemed to just brush it off like it wasn't anything.

IMO...last nites interview with BD was STRICTLY self serving for BD, because even BD said herself that she basically was there to "supposedly" clear up "inconsistancies" and defend herself because she didn't want anyone believing what the docs LE released said about her and that they put her in a negative light....that she was a good mother, etc.
I'm basically paraphrasing the statements above. My questions are basically just "thoughts"...again, not expecting answers, etc.

Finally....I TRULY believe BD NEEDS to just keep quiet...NOT try to defend herself - since it seems she's sooo concerned with what people think of her. She didn't seem all that concerned with the fact that SA did a 180 and then said Hailey was promiscuous....she didn't come on the show to clear THAT comment up....AGAIN, only interested in HER reputation and NOT defending her daughters. She only answered that question about Hailey when NG fed it to her. IF, in fact, BD is under some sort of influence of narcotics...for whatever reason..."tooth", etc....she needs to stay off TV...stop the interviews she uses to defend herself, or SA, etc....because she's only getting herself AND LE/media more discombobulated....because MAYBE she doesn't/can't remember her comments from day to day???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member