Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

Unless it is normal for her to get obssessively single minded about things. Her thought process may just have been: *light bulb goes off*...daughter missing...got to do something about it....NOW....and off she goes, not really doing what an outside observer thinks is the rational or logical thing to do.

Unless it is normal for her to get obssessively single minded about things. Her thought process may just have been: *light bulb goes off*...daughter missing...got to do something about it....NOW....and off she goes, not really doing what an outside observer thinks is the rational or logical thing to do.

She seemed to do ok in those 911 calls back in Feb 2010 ... Even giving her the benefit of the doubt in a crisis situation (child missing), she gives rational and logical a new definition. I think we need to call this what it is ... Quacks, Waddles and has Webbed Feet ... It's a duck!

Funny too that he is rambling on about unemployment and 'getting back on his feet'..Obviously if he quit, he can't draw unemployment..but WTH does he mean about getting back on his feet? He hadn't even missed a paycheck at that time......
_________________[By Pondering.......]

Good Point. He goes in EARLY to quit his job, then rushes to a computer to look up regulations about unemployment? That makes zero sense to me. What's the hurry?

My nagging thought for the day comes back again to the impossibility of Billie "not even thinking" of calling Shawn in the four hours after discovering Hailey's absence. On this day, according to him, he was still lying to Billy that he was still employed, had gotten up on time and driven her to work as usual as if he was heading off to his job. So their alibi includes that he was lying to her at this point in time and he did not go to work after dropping her off -although she thought he did.

To perpetuate this story, that Billie had no knowledge that Shawn had been fired/quit/clocked in then walked off the job the day before (whichever) she COULDN'T call him that day or their story could have fallen apart. Now she's trapped between having to call him to make the disappearance story seem true, and not being able to call him because she would discover he wasn't where he said he was.

FAIL!

I don't see much evidence that would show that Billie had any single minded obsession with protecting Hailey. She was pretty lax concerning her whereabouts it seems. Nor did she seem too concerned with checking in with her or communicating with her too often. Shawn says that Hailey commonly spent the night away from home without calling. So I find her sense of panic kind of confusing. She didn't even check on the facts before going to the PD.

I think people's actions tell you about their thoughts and priorities, even when they try to hide them. This case is just like so many others, in my opinion.

You can step back and see that the number one thing on their mind was the 911 call. The sequence of events is not that of a sudden emergency, reaction, then 911 call. The notifying the police is so far in the forefront of the process that they aren't even aware there are major steps missing.

Zahra Baker's case screamed of this. They were so focused on the set up, the 911 call, and so disconnected from a child they knew was gone that it didn't occur to either of them that parents would check on their child after a fire, after a ransom note being found on their vehicle.

Your actions and your words will betray you.

I woke up today again thinking BD is guilty, guilty, guilty. Wish we could know the truth!

Prayers for those searching for Hailey that this will be the day they find her.

OK this thread got off topic. I have removed many posts. Let's get back to the OP. Why didn't Billie Dunn call Shawn.

I woke up today again thinking BD is guilty, guilty, guilty. Wish we could know the truth!

Prayers for those searching for Hailey that this will be the day they find her.

Ellebelle, I have thought that since BD's second appearance on NG. When she was quizzed by NG regarding Shawn's job or lack there of...busted to me!

She knew the very first night she was on NG that Shawn DID NOT 'come home from work' on Monday. Why lie about that?

As far as I'm concerned it's all a bunch of lies! Another case of 'if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullsheet.'

One thing they didn't do was make a 911 call to be publicly disected ala 'Cindy A' style and so many others Zarah's pop comes to mind...of course you know thanks to SA's charming 2 parter the other night, they enjoy watching Nancy. Ding,ding,ding...what to do about that pesky 911 call to report Hailey bug missing??? Hey! Let's get Clint to do it!

I thought it was one of BD's rare strokes of genius attempting to get CD to make that recorded emergency call. That was so freaking bizzare in it's self. Gah! Hey DD, take my phone on across yonder field to dad's and then let me talk to him from MY phone at MY desk so I can tell him to call 911.

WTH???:maddening:

JMO and all:twocents:

Maybe Billie didn't call Shawn, as soon as she heard from DD, that Hailey did not spent the night with MB and that she was not at her dad's and she got that info from Shawn as to where Hailey was going to be, because her sub conscience, was not letting her go there.
She thought Shawn was work, we think, I would assume, not far from her, he had her car. We would think that logically, she would call him, verify for sure, that's where Hailey told him she would be. Let Shawn know what was going on.
I would think Shawn's employer would have let him leave, to pick up Billie and take her to the PD, to file a missing person report.
If Billie truly thought Shawn was at work, I believe she would have called him, either her sub conscience told her not to, or she already knew he he was not at work.

This scenario is one of the things I can't get past when trying to convince myself these people might be innocent:
1. Why didn't she check with SA to confirm the message?
2. Why didn't she check the cellphone to see who HD had been talking to before she left?
3. Why did she tell CD to tell the police she's going down there?
4. Why did she never check with MB's mother especially if she was going to other unnamed "friends' houses"?

Answer? Because she already knew.

This scenario is one of the things I can't get past when trying to convince myself these people might be innocent:
2. Why didn't she check the cellphone to see who HD had been talking to before she left?
4. Why did she never check with MB's mother especially if she was going to other unnamed "friends' houses"?

1. IMO, she didn't want to draw him into any of this any further. He was supposed to 'lay low' and come into it after the police were already involved.

2. She has given various answers to this question. Originally, she said she went right to PD and never came home. People questioned WHY she never came and looked at the cell phone and called around first, and the next version of her story changed accordingly.

3. Because they wanted DD to be the one who 'discovered' she was missing, and Clint to be the one to call in the cops.

4. Good question.

ITA..and why didn't she just call 911 from her house since we eventually found out that she had gone by there? What if Hailey had shown up at home? Obviously if a child is missing LE is going to come to the home anyway..and since we know that an officer was sent out to the house..wonder what LE told her when she went in? Most likely imo..to go home and they would send an officer out...

Wonder where the SIL had to come from to pick her up? Did she work at the hospital as well?

I don't believe that it's coincidence that ...

Shawn was not contacted at all that day (until he just happened to call and DD told him what was going on...

That Billie asked CD to call LE to let them know about her pending arrival..

That Billie had DD text MB to see if Hailey was there..(and that strikes me as odd as well that BD would tell him to text and 'see if she was there'. IF you believed that your child spent the night somewhere..why would you say "text her friend, see if Hailey was there and tell her to come home"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yd9UYXvMCY[/ame]

ALL MOO

ITA..and why didn't she just call 911 from her house since we eventually found out that she had gone by there? What if Hailey had shown up at home? Obviously if a child is missing LE is going to come to the home anyway..and since we know that an officer was sent out to the house..wonder what LE told her when she went in? Most likely imo..to go home and they would send an officer out...

EXCELLENT post, Pondering! :clap:

So what if Hailey had come home while Billie was down at CCPD filing a missing person's report??

IMO, Billie knew that was not a possibility.

noneareworthy, your post reminded me of something that has been bugging me for quite some time about BD's story.

She has stated several times that she "checked with some friends, family" before going down to file a police report. I'd really like to know why Billie has never given a more elaborate account of the person or persons she contacted before heading to the police station. How many individuals did she attempt to contact and did she actually speak to anyone at each of these phone numbers or locations? Were these close friends? Girls from the cheerleading squad? Her grandmothers?

It all sounds so conveniently vague to me.

I don't see much evidence that would show that Billie had any single minded obsession with protecting Hailey. She was pretty lax concerning her whereabouts it seems. Nor did she seem too concerned with checking in with her or communicating with her too often. Shawn says that Hailey commonly spent the night away from home without calling. So I find her sense of panic kind of confusing. She didn't even check on the facts before going to the PD.

Which friends did she normally stay with? According to MB Mother HD never stayed at her house not that night or any night. So IMO BD should have known this and a red flag gone up when SA told her that.I can only believe this is why BD didn't / isn't talking to MB or her mother and that is why LE are Handling them.

this is from MB's Mothers interview on Big Country's Homepage

Cecilia Garcia says she was shocked when Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, claimed Hailey was going to a slumber party at her family home on the night she disappeared.

"Obviously he's not telling the truth about her spending the night at <MB's>," said Garcia.

Garcia says at her house, it's not like these parties would happen out of the blue.

"Hailey has never spent the night here,"
:banghead::cow:

noneareworthy, your post reminded me of something that has been bugging me for quite some time about BD's story.

She has stated several times that she "checked with some friends, family" before going down to file a police report. I'd really like to know why Billie has never given a more elaborate account of the person or persons she contacted before heading to the police station. How many individuals did she attempt to contact and did she actually speak to anyone at each of these phone numbers or locations? Were these close friends? Girls from the cheerleading squad? Her grandmothers?

We don't know who all she text that day..like you, I would like to know that as well. (although, I'm sure LE knows) By her own account she only went to 2 places..the best friends house and the best friends grandmothers house..Nobody was home at either..go figure, huh? However, she DID NOT go by MB's house..the place where Hailey was SUPPOSED to have been..Does that make any sense to you?..it sure doesn't to me..

OT.. .but where are BD, SA or CD for that matter? Is media just not reporting anything now or is everyone putting this *mess* behind them? Have I missed something in the last few days? TIA!

Exactly! And now I need to add the fact that she didn't have SA come pick her up...or if he couldn't leave or she didn't want to involve him, why not get a ride and go by his work to get her car to go look for HD? Instead, she has someone else cart her around...why? when she has her own car? SA could've gotten a ride home.

But of course, he wasn't at work. Did she already know that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back