Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

HHJP better make good on his sanctions on JB! It seems like the kid who gave the bird and the mentally ill woman are the ONLY people that received punishment during this circus trial.

..and the potential juror , jonathon green, who spoke to the media to get out of jury duty.

..judgeP hit him with a contempt charge and a $450.00 fine.

Will HHJP hold true to dealing with Jose Baez's discovery violations after this verdict?

If so, could this mean the end of his career even though Casey has been found Not Guilty?

It will be a real test of HHJP to see whether he goes through with this even though:

(1) JB has become an acclaimed "winner/hero" in much of the media, and it's going to be much harder for HHJP to go against the tide by punishing success. OTH, if JB's client had been convicted, HHJP would have had that fact to further justify his condemnation of JB's misconduct.

(2) HHJP is between a rock and a hard place because he knows the jury is under public attack, and he undoubtedly knows by now that members of that misguided jury have been on television quoting JB's rhetoric verbatim, using that as their (totally faulty) basis for arriving at a not-guilty verdict.

If HHJP were now to make a formal complaint about JB's misconduct and ethics during the trial, then the jurists (who've unashamedly declared they liked JB and put their faith in what he told them) are going to look even more ridiculous and wrong-minded. This is a huge problem for HHJP, because he's made it clear that under our system of justice, a jury's decision is sacrosanct and jurists are not to be reproached.

Based on the above, I think HHJP will not follow through with his threats to JB.

But if he does follow through with them, he will be my all time hero. I will campaign for him to be appointed to the Supreme Court, or nominated for president. Or sainthood. :)

Let's not forget the words straight from His Honors mouth:
This court does not make threats.

I would assume since the promise of sanctions is in the court record, something must be done.

jmo

:rocker: From your fingers to God's ears.

Here is something I would love to see in the future, during one of the status hearing JPB warned JB that there were defence attorneys that worked for the JAC in reviewing how all of the money was spent on cases where the JAC was giving money in an effort to recoup any money that could have been misappropriated, I can only see one reason that JBP would give JB this warning and that is because JPB has looked over the receipts that were or were not being turned in on this case, Now that JA has retired for the SAO I would love to see the JAC employ JA and have him review any and all monies that were spent on this case, I can't think of a better Attorney to go after JB than JA, I also think that JA would take satisfaction in being able to take JB down....Thoughts?

In an interview JA said it would be a neutral SA who would decide if Perjury charges should be brought against Cindy Anthony. I think it would be the same with anything having to do with this case. It would have to be a neutral party looking into the money situation. JMO
I can't wait to see what JA does next! He's one of my heroes ,also! :woohoo:

Except when it comes to real criminals like bird boy and mentally ill woman! :maddening:

I think it's coming. HHJP is just letting things cool down and studying up on rulings. More Bar complaints may be coming ,also.

It will be a real test of HHJP to see whether he goes through with this even though:

(1) JB has become an acclaimed "winner/hero" in much of the media, and it's going to be much harder for HHJP to go against the tide by punishing success. OTH, if JB's client had been convicted, HHJP would have had that fact to further justify his condemnation of JB's misconduct.

(2) HHJP is between a rock and a hard place because he knows the jury is under public attack, and he undoubtedly knows by now that members of that misguided jury have been on television quoting JB's rhetoric verbatim, using that as their (totally faulty) basis for arriving at a not-guilty verdict.

If HHJP were now to make a formal complaint about JB's misconduct and ethics during the trial, then the jurists (who've unashamedly declared they liked JB and put their faith in what he told them) are going to look even more ridiculous and wrong-minded. This is a huge problem for HHJP, because he's made it clear that under our system of justice, a jury's decision is sacrosanct and jurists are not to be reproached.

Based on the above, I think HHJP will not follow through with his threats to JB.

But if he does follow through with them, he will be my all time hero. I will campaign for him to be appointed to the Supreme Court, or nominated for president. Or sainthood. :)
I think these are the very reasons HHJP needs to follow through with sanctions at the very least. The State was put at a disadvantage because of the DT's sneaky ploy that broke a court order. HH even questioned the experts ,under oath, about what they knew,when they knew it and who their contact was (JB). He has to make sure that JB is hit hard enough that he never tries this again (yeah,right) and that other attorneys get the message. He may have won ,but he did it by cheating. JB knew HH could not with hold the evidence .
If we don't hear something soon,I will just give up on our Justice System .

Jose will not be punished imo, if he is, Jeff Ashton will be too. Won't happen. JMO

Ooops I hit the alert button on Flossies post was trying to hit the thanks on the post above. My mouse went crazy dont know what im supposed to do?

Ooops I hit the alert button on Flossies post was trying to hit the thanks on the post above. My mouse went crazy dont know what im supposed to do?

LOL I have had that happen before too :Banane59:

Jose will not be punished imo, if he is, Jeff Ashton will be too. Won't happen. JMO

JA didn't break a court order that HHJP had 3 hearings about in order to get him to comply.Purposely not getting complete reports from the experts after he was told in the simplest terms exactly what he had to do,is a huge issue and put HH in a very nasty position.He told the DT NO TESTIMONY would come in if it wasn't in a report. JB ignored it. To deny the testimony would be grounds for appeal so,HH had to hold up the trial and hold up witnesses to allow the State to review the new info and depo the experts .This happened repeatedly and was a huge drain on the Court.
Way more serious than JA smiling during JB's lies,IMO.

I do not hate JB but I dislike his tactics and he sucks as a lawyer imo, I don't even hold him responsible for the opening statements since they are in all probability lies straight form ICA, he was just her mouthpiece and doing his job spouting her lies.
My hope is that HHJP does sanction him or that the FL bar gets involved, even if it's just a fine or reprimand it's better than letting it slide.

From the time I heard the OS I have pondered how much was from ICA and how much was JB. He seemed to hit the sympathy chord right away. His actions throughout this case have stunned me. I have felt that I sincerely hope I am never in need of a defense attorney. My personal integrity would cause me to get held in contempt for standing up and yelling at my atty for underhanded tactics.

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

When I heard the opening statements from Baez, my first reaction was that he was perpetrating a fraud upon the court because he was introducing a wingnut theory that had no foundation in the facts and which could not and would not be proven. Throughout the proceedings, her repeatedly disparaged his profession, which is a clear violation of the professional code of conuct. He should be held accountable for the stunts that he pulled if only to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

From the time I heard the OS I have pondered how much was from ICA and how much was JB. He seemed to hit the sympathy chord right away. His actions throughout this case have stunned me. I have felt that I sincerely hope I am never in need of a defense attorney. My personal integrity would cause me to get held in contempt for standing up and yelling at my atty for underhanded tactics.

That's the same reaction that I had ... his "story" struck me as not necessarily based on info from his client, but perhaps a concocted story that Baez thought he could use to twist the jury into complete confusion.

Ashton smiled in court when he shouldn't have, which was a violation of the Judge's rules. Baez violatd the professional code of conduct. I think there's a big difference. Ashton could get a small fine from the Judge, whereas Baez's actions should be reviewed for ethical violations and possible disbarment.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you but I guess there's always a first (respectfully of course).:seeya:

JBP is a judge and if he believes JB did something unethical or illegal he has to follow the law and make him pay the consequences. If he doesn't, he'll set a precedent for other attorneys to act just like JB.

IMO

I've been wondering about. Where will JB's clients come from. Will the tax payers of Forida pay again for these types of people. JB can do what he did in the middle of the trial when asked that FKC be considered indigent ? Or will his guilty clients come from only the rich?

He will get them from the same place he got Casey....the jailhouse. And most of them are probably "indigent" or will be declared so by the state. So, the state will pay for their cases. But, all of that still does not makes him a decent lawyer and he has already proven he cannot handle finances (remember how his house was in foreclosure last year).

BTW, a bit off topic, but you know one of the main things that drove me NUTS about JB? In court he kept addressing JBP as "Judge" and not "your honour". I thought was so disrespectful! Somebody must have gotten to him, because he started calling him Your Honour toward the end of trial.

I noticed that during the final reading of the sentence for lying, the Judge primarily addressed CM. Baez was instructed to do any paperwork that Ms Anthony may want to file regarding an appeal, but Mason seemed to be the lead lawyer at the end of the case. That suggests to me that the Judge is going to follow through on preparing some sort of complaint against Baez. It also seemed clear to me that the Judge was informing Baez that he would be dismissed from the State's payroll after filing any appeal papers and that if Ms Anthony chose to appeal, another lawyer may be assigned.

FLmom777, if you ever need a defense attorney, trust me - most are not like that. As long as you stay away from those who advertise on television, you'll be fine. The defense attorneys I work for were all unimpressed with a lot of JB's behavior, and I know from sitting in on various trials for classwork as well, that's not the usual behavior. Most attorneys, whether for the state or the defense, show proper respect for the court and play by the rules. We just happen to hear more via the media about those that don't.

HHJP = All bark, no bite. MOO

IF JP does NOT follow thru..I will beome very skeptical..JP knows the law and all those side bars he had to intruct JB on LAW yet JB continued to dismiss his intructions...This is only during the trial...Yikes..JP was trying to protect the record..however..JB's infractions were blantant and ignored "THE LAW"..so somehow, I feel JP wil hold JB accountable...folowing that..JB will lose his license to practice law..But I am sure he hopes to either back KC or think he had a Media TH career ahead of him....

JB is and was a bottom feeder and happen to find his ticket to ride..and it will be up to Caylee "Just Us for Caylee" to make sure whatever and whomever he wishes to contract with will avoid this masty, low blow attny to prosper due to his actions!! The "Jurors" were snow'd and brainwashed..and I balme the Death Penalty venue:banghead:

DP is something each and every prosecuting attny needs to undersatand just when to go for LWOP and lessors thus no need to DP qualify..

BTW I mis-typed qualify..but after watching JB,CM and especially AF..I tend to believe its a Quantify...and embed their (DT) "MERCY" thoughts...I was always worried that JP allowed this?..and somehow..DT programmed this jury NOT to look at evidence..only the Dysfunctions..GEEEEEESSGGGGHHHH!!

IMO..No Lawyer should be abe to ask a potential juror their thoughts on "Mercy"!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back