ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted on the fb page that they knew the family, on her fb she listed their names but Im not going to list them until LE lists them. It looks like they're from Portland. Not sure how long dad has lived in Waterville. I dont think that long, think he's got family there.

I wonder why they're not listing them too.

this is ridiculous

I'm so sick of 'parents' 'losing' their children (and worse!)

little Ayla is in danger because an adult did not keep her safe

it is our responsibility to ensure children in our care are safe from harm - that means locking doors to ensure they either don't get out on their own or are abducted and it is also our responsibility to check on our children more than once in an 11-hour period

if we can't do that, we shouldn't have children in our care JMO

(unless there turns out to be extenuating circumstances here ... which I fully doubt at this point)

OT: really dumb question but I need to ask. How is her first name pronounced? TIA (want to be able to pronounce it in my head when I read the articles).

Just watched the local news here...WGAN interviewed the grandfather who seemed.to have no idea what could have happened...even said he hoped she isn't dead. Weird....but really no solid info about the case.

On a side note, Very annoying, the station put up a phone number to call in any info, but wrote Waterford...instead of Waterville. Wow.

It's cold up here. Hope she is found safe and sound!

OT: really dumb question but I need to ask. How is her first name pronounced? TIA (want to be able to pronounce it in my head when I read the articles).

i pronounce it A-la

I feel sick....not again. There is no logic to this one, given what little info was provided to the media. This little doll was only 20 months old. How could she have opened a door and walked away from a safe warm house into ...? I would think her sense of balance would be off kilter a bit with one arm in a sling. This says nothing about her father finding a door open and then finding the toddler gone. I feel sorry for those who love and cherish her - I have a hunch that the "Missing Child Virus" has struck again, and we may have another unsolved mystery to add to all the others.

IMHO

They pronounced it like : A LA on the media here. Long A

How many others were in the home last night? Was the door locked?

this is ridiculous

I'm so sick of 'parents' 'losing' their children (and worse!)

little Ayla is in danger because an adult did not keep her safe

it is our responsibility to ensure children in our care are safe from harm - that means locking doors to ensure they either don't get out on their own or are abducted and it is also our responsibility to check on our children more than once in an 11-hour period

if we can't do that, we shouldn't have children in our care JMO

(unless there turns out to be extenuating circumstances here ... which I fully doubt at this point)

I sooooo agree with you.

How do you "lose" your children???? I am worried that this poor baby did get out some how, someone over slept or didnt lock the door something. I cant picture someone came in and took her from her bed especially when its snowing out. Someone is going to trek through the cold and snow to sneak in and take a 20 mth old????

And why is she living with the dad??? I wonder because I saw the moms ms and she doesnt look inept and was so excited about being pregnant with this baby. It doesnt make any sense.

I believe it is pronounced "eye-la" although the typical spelling of that name is ISLA, I have seen it spelled AYLA.

If you look at the homes behind the house (arial view) what are those circular looking structures in the backyards? At first I though pool but they look too big, gazebo's? Something I'm not thinking of? TIA!

If you look at the homes behind the house (arial view) what are those circular looking structures in the backyards? At first I though pool but they look too big, gazebo's? Something I'm not thinking of? TIA!

They look like above ground pools to me

Thanks sleuthster! I also saw an area in one yard that looked like it could possibly be an inground pool. (maybe/maybe not) I hope if it is they checked under the covering it would have on it at this time of the year.

My niece is named Ayla and they pronounce it like Kayla without the K, long A. The name came from Clan of the Cave Bears.

More baby missing.. Makes me so upset..

We found a bunch of little kids playing in our backyard and no parents to be found anywhere! good thing we are good people and sent them home. How scary! My area is not an area to let kids wander.. Any one of them could of been taken.. Why don't people get it? Sorry, had to rant!!

I hope they are searching that big space behind the house. It looks like a shopping center and woods or a big field.

Hi....I was curious also...went walking with the little gold man, and it looks like an apartment complex....hope this map will show the complex...

http://g.co/maps/wvtyg

Just to be sure that this is not confusing.....this was just to show it is not a shopping center....it has nothing to do with this case.

Hi....I was curious also...went walking with the little gold man, and it looks like an apartment complex....hope this map will show the complex...

http://g.co/maps/wvtyg

Yes, thanks I couldnt tell what that was, a school, apts, store. There appears to be a ball field too looking at the complex to the right of it.

Are u in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member