NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't want to think of the possibility of Zahra going through the wood chipper, I was wondering what else could have been chipped. Does anyone think the mattress or bedding or maybe the bedroom furniture could have gone through the wood chipper???

There is a definite reason for the jump to call this a homicide case. I'll never forget seeing the police chief giving the pc that day when he announced this was now a homicide case! Bless him, he was on the verge of tears honestly!
I don't know their reasons for doing so, but LE knows a whole lot more than they've released to the public. They know.

Indeed. IIRC, he actually did shed tears. By law they had something to reclassify the case from missing to homicide. They have not shared that info, it had to be more than a bogus ransom note, as those are a dime a dozen these days.

LE interviewed the neighbors, it would have been one of the first things they did. I don't know which Thursday she is referring to, but there is a reason that LE is not using that info. as part of their timeline. They have a lot more information and insight than we do, so I am going to trust that if they have discounted her information it is for good reason. Plus it would spoil so many people's theories about her never even living in that house. :)

Sarx, you think there is a possibility that Zahra never moved into that house?

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get caught up today but does anyone know if a shoe was found on the prosthetic and if the other shoe was found at the house?

What if LE jumped the gun and called it a homicide too soon? Cancelled the Amber Alert too soon? And now are really going over that house again to see if they can find proof she really is dead? Just thinking out loud.

I am just stuck on them naming this a homicide so quickly, and yet quite a while ago now, and yet no reason has been given, no sign of Zahra...

LE called this a homicide after K9 units picked up on decomp in EB/ABs vehicles

Hi there!
My initial thought was Thursday, October 7th, however, it could be Thursday Sept. 30th. It is all about how the "Thursday before she went missing" is interpreted.

And ironically it was a Thursday (Oct. 7) that AB said he last saw her. :waitasec: MOO

OK - I wasn't going to go in to this but seeing as we seem to be focusing on the wood chipper again:

I live on a farm. We kill our own meat. We cut it up for our own consumption.
This is not an easy thing. You have to know how to dismember a body. You need to know where the joints are. It makes one hell of a mess. It leaves evidence GALORE....even after cleaning up (and our clean up has to be sufficient for a health inspection).

We have also put frozen meat through a saw (in order to make the pieces of meat smaller). It sprays meat. Not a lot but enough to leave obvious evidence.

I truly think that you would have known by now if this was the method used for Zahra. The dogs would have gone crazy, all through the area, not just focused on the woodchipper.

That said it may have been used to dispose of evidence.

I have been reading this site for several days now and Zahra has captured my heart in the same way that Tori Stafford did. The waiting and not knowing what happened to this beautiful child is unbearable, perhaps because she is, as Tori was, the same age as my granddaughter and I can't imagine the pain of losing her much less in such a violent and tragic way.

The reason for my post is that I don't believe that LE is searching the property for human remains, at least outside the house. In two cases that I know of, when LE found the body or even searched a site where they thought the body might be found, the general public was kept far from their investigations. When Tori's body was found the utmost dignity and respect was shown and even photos from the air failed to reveal anything.

While I sincerely appreciate everthing PunKn', her hubby and Sherlocky are doing to keep us up to date on the investigation I really doubt that they would be allowed that close with cameras if LE is looking for remains. Evidence is on that property for sure or they wouldn't be there and perhaps crime scene evidence which was disposed of, thus the HRD dogs, but not little Zahra herself or there would be a lot more effort to conceal their work. That said, we don't know what's going on inside the house.

I'm still trying to figure out the dogs hitting on two vehicles but I'm sure there will be an explanation eventually.

All only my opinion of course

So if dogs hit on decomp on the vehicles it is safe to say she was transported in those vehicles or the minimum the fluids were on someone's clothes and drove both vehicles.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get caught up today but does anyone know if a shoe was found on the prosthetic and if the other shoe was found at the house?

Good question, Kamille. I'd imagine the shoe on the prosthesis wouldn't be removed as one would their own foot. As to what LE was looking for around where the prosthesis was found it could be anything from a shoe to the "socks" she'd have to wear with the prosthesis. That could be the fabric-looking material that was discussed here last night. MOO

I keep wondering if the "gooey" red glove is why. I know of at least one case where a tiny bit of brain matter was found, but because of the type of brain matter it was, it meant death.

Just a thought I had: MOO

The timeline fits that glove, too, I think.

Writer when I read your post. My stomach dropped down to my feet.

I had to pause for a moment because your idea gives me great pause.

I do wonder also.

It is not a rumor. One of our members PunKnLuV's hubby was on the scene last night and was told that BS told a neighbor she was with Zahra the Thursday BEFORE she went missing.

Anything that PunKnLuV shares that she is hearing directly from her hubby has been approved in advance by Tricia.

Hmmm. That is very thought provoking.:waitasec:

I take BS to mean the 7th since it was the closest Thursday to when Zahra went missing.

Honestly I only remember seeing anything about a glove with red goo from one media report (and one that had given mistaken information more than once) I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

LE were clear that the Wood chipper was no longer a good lead. For me that says she did not go in the chipper.

Yes they have still been searching other areas.

And hurray I finally got my shower. lol

Sarx, you think there is a possibility that Zahra never moved into that house?

LOL, no, sorry, not me, it's just been a long running theory on here.

I do think she lived there, for how long I am not sure. I think she was dead for quite some time before the 10/9 call. I would feel more comfortable if they had more than just the furniture store clerk as a witness for the timeline, but going off of that, my feeling is that she died sometime shortly thereafter near the first of the month. All just my feelings based on what little I have been able to piece together.

Hello Patty, this causes me to question the timeline and some events. I'm curious about verifying the date. The Thursday before was Oct. 7th. The Amber alert was issued on Oct. 9th.

So I'm curious to exactly which Thursday to date this last reported sighting, was it Thur. Oct. 7th or Thur. Sept. 30 the neighbor claims she was with Zahra?

I'm thinking October 7th because that is in fact, the Thursday BEFORE. I can't imagine she meant two weeks prior, but it just seems logical to say two weeks ago vs the Thursday before.

I think this is line with AB's statement that he last saw her on Thursday, the 7th and that is in my opinion why the police kept asking if anyone other than family had seen Z to come forth.

I am just looking at video interviews from the beginning of the case, and just skip right on over if you already know these 2 details.

I didn't know them, and thought there were others who may also not know.

-Zahra's hearing aids were recovered in the hall of her home

-According to Brittany B. and her mother Kim D., Zahra stayed over at their house often. They said that Zahra's routine never varied. About an hour before bed, Zahra would take off her prosthetic leg. Always.

CBS Interview:
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13308224#

A couple details I hadn't picked up on. Thanks much!! This case is moving so quickly here that I tend to skim over so many things and miss these important little facts.

Hello Patty, this causes me to question the timeline and some events. I'm curious about verifying the date. The Thursday before was Oct. 7th. The Amber alert was issued on Oct. 9th.

So I'm curious to exactly which Thursday to date this last reported sighting, was it Thur. Oct. 7th or Thur. Sept. 30 the neighbor claims she was with Zahra?

There was/is a comment made by BS about the last time she saw Zahra and what they did that day. I thought I had that comment saved but I do not. It may or may not have been made under the love 4 Zahra page. I'm unable to locate it anywhere. I thought it may have assisted with the time line but I'm sure the police know all the details of this if they are being told the truth.

So if dogs hit on decomp on the vehicles it is safe to say she was transported in those vehicles or the minimum the fluids were on someone's clothes and drove both vehicles.

Perhaps the mattress in one vehicle and ZH in the other...
(I believe that she died in her bed) JMO

Not really. Thats what his job was, making mulch with the chipper, and splitting wood. It's reported he worked from home at times, hence the chipper etc., and all the piles of mulch and split wood. All of that is very easily explained. It's way too convenient, and way too messy. Like I said before, has anyone seen a woodchipper in action? I have, many times when our trees are being trimmed, They are messy beyound words, sawdust and bits and chips are spit out all over the place, and this is wood mind you, not soft tissue! Don't see how an actual person could be put through there and not detected right away unless the crime happened a long time ago. Mind you, I may be wrong,(as your all probably thinking), but at this time don't see it, too much work and evidence, the perps, in my mind do not have the energy or forthought to have taken care of it. Too much work. Ofcourse, I maybe underestimating.

I agree with you...I don't believe that a body went through the woodchipper either..for the very same reasons that you mention. Times like today, it keeps creeping up in the back of my mind, but I can't imagine them being able to clean up 99% of ...you know..

I do think that it's possible that something contaminated w/decomp :( from Zahra could have gone through it just as sarx posted earlier OR that something happened to cause cross-contamination..

There is a definite reason for the jump to call this a homicide case. I'll never forget seeing the police chief giving the pc that day when he announced this was now a homicide case! Bless him, he was on the verge of tears honestly!
I don't know their reasons for doing so, but LE knows a whole lot more than they've released to the public. They know.

Watching him during that press release was heartbreaking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998