WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the three were all drugged up at the cottage, and Amanda put him up to seeing if he could get lucky with Meredith. He fled the scene as soon as Meredith was fatally injured, distancing himself from the lovebirds. He also opted for the fast track trial option because he feared that the lovebirds would try to put it all on him.
This sounds like fantasy to me. It just doesn't ring true for me. Would you think it if Mignini had not proposed it?:waitasec:

Didn't look like it was too interesting or very crowded either :floorlaugh: .

It didn't appear to be a student crowd ... looked more like a few dozen old guys. Gotta wonder why a bunch of old guys want to hear about a woman that "had sex with 70 men in 60 days."

This sounds like fantasy to me. It just doesn't ring true for me. Would you think it if Mignini had not proposed it?:waitasec:

Knowing that Knox lied about Patrick and then left him to rot in jail for 2 weeks, yes, I believe Knox is capable of anything. She clearly has no empathy or consideration for others, and is not inclined to do the right thing regardless of the consequences to others.

Knowing that Knox lied about Patrick and then left him to rot in jail for 2 weeks, yes, I believe Knox is capable of anything. She clearly has no empathy or consideration for others, and is not inclined to do the right thing regardless of the consequences to others.
Ditto Mignini. If Knox's actions count, so do his. They told a trauma stricken girl that her nightmares were reality. Shame on them.

Go look at the poll thread. There are many people with questions about this case and the group seems split. You can pretend that the obvious answer is your own as much as you want, but that doesn't make it real for everyone else.

I like watching the discussion here; the arguments I've read and the form and intelligence with which they were presented helped to solidify my personal judgement in this case. I care much less for any name calling (either direct or implied) or general tactlessness that crops up.

Ditto Mignini. If Knox's actions count, so do his. They told a trauma stricken girl that her nightmares were reality. Shame on them.

One of the prosecutors illegally wire tapped police and media. I suppose we have to allow for the possibility that this same prosecutor could illegally wire tapped police and media again.

Amanda demonstrated that she does not care about how her actions impact others, and that she is quite comfortable with the knowledge that someone's life was destroyed because of her actions and statements. We know that when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions, she will not do anything to assist. It's quite likely that Amanda's moral compass is permanently skewed and that she acted this way on more occassions than the ones that have been widely publicized.

So ... we have the possibility that the prosecutor will illegally wiretap someone and the possibility that Amanda will continue to selfishly, and without moral conscience, harm others.

What's really disappointing about this, is that only one side was argued. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/119233129.html?tab=video

It would have been much more effective to have the other side say why the evidence is good.

Maybe they did that but in the interest of time, the News just showed the key points from the defense's side?

Salem

It was very definitely not a debate, but rather an opportunity for those that view Amanda as a victim to promote their propaganda.

One of the prosecutors illegally wire tapped police and media. I suppose we have to allow for the possibility that this same prosecutor could illegally wire tapped police and media again.

Amanda demonstrated that she does not care about how her actions impact others, and that she is quite comfortable with the knowledge that someone's life was destroyed because of her actions and statements. We know that when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions, she will not do anything to assist. It's quite likely that Amanda's moral compass is permanently skewed and that she acted this way on more occassions than the ones that have been widely publicized.

So ... we have the possibility that the prosecutor will illegally wiretap someone and the possibility that Amanda will continue to selfishly, and without moral conscience, harm others.
I just don't see where Knox did this: Patrick was suggested to her by them, under conditions of duress for her. Mignini was under no duress with his 20 indictments which were thrown out.

It was very definitely not a debate, but rather an opportunity for those that view Amanda as a victim to promote their propaganda.
I think they believed the prosecution's case has been set forth in news and reports, for all to see. This was not a debate, but a forum. It was to show their side publicly.

What's really disappointing about this, is that only one side was argued. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/119233129.html?tab=video

It would have been much more effective to have the other side say why the evidence is good.

Maybe they did that but in the interest of time, the News just showed the key points from the defense's side?

Salem
I think they wanted a public forum to air their views, as opposed to a debate. It was presupposed that the prosecution's side has been given ample coverage in reports and press articles.

I just don't see where Knox did this: Patrick was suggested to her by them, under conditions of duress for her. Mignini was under no duress with his 20 indictments which were thrown out.

What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

That is a particularly nasty thing to do.

I have a sister who fits this description, who has made my life hell for decades. It's called malignant narcissism. If I felt Amanda were like her, I would want them to lock her up and throw away the key. I just don't see Knox as this.

What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

IF I come to begin convinced of this version - as I have read numerous ones which show duress, guilt, being unable to retract - then perhaps I will begin to eye Amanda with less compassion. Also, she may have had reason to suspect PL, if they told her they had found a hair belonging to a black man, and if she was not there.

In her written statement, didn't AK herself admit that the visions of Patrick at the cottage seemed more like a dream? I think I recall something like this, which in my mind bolsters the argument that her statement was created by the questioner's suggestion.

Or am I getting my instances confused?

Also: The symposium was entitled, "The Case for Innocence", and in no way claimed to be a debate by both sides.

IF I come to begin convinced of this version - as I have read numerous ones which show duress, guilt, being unable to retract - then perhaps I will begin to eye Amanda with less compassion. Also, she may have had reason to suspect PL, if they told her they had found a hair belonging to a black man, and if she was not there.

It seems that some people are willing to overlook Amanda's horrendous lies, and her complete absence of empathy and compassion when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions. I would not want anyone like Amanda anywhere near me, my family, or anyone I cared about. I feel the very same way about Joran van der Sloot.

You've mention duress a couple of times. How was Amanda under duress when she, sitting alone, asked for paper and pen, and then wrote a statement confirming her accusations against Patrick? How was Amanda under duress a day, or 3 days, or even 14 days later such that she could not tell investigators that she told a big fat lie about Patrick?

In her written statement, didn't AK herself admit that the visions of Patrick at the cottage seemed more like a dream? I think I recall something like this, which in my mind bolsters the argument that her statement was created by the questioner's suggestion.

No, you are not confused. Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real."

It seems that some people are willing to overlook Amanda's horrendous lies, and her complete absence of empathy and compassion when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions. I would not want anyone like Amanda anywhere near me, my family, or anyone I cared about. I feel the very same way about Joran van der Sloot.

You've mention duress a couple of times. How was Amanda under duress when she, sitting alone, asked for paper and pen, and then wrote a statement confirming her accusations against Patrick? How was Amanda under duress a day, or 3 days, or even 14 days later such that she could not tell investigators that she told a big fat lie about Patrick?
As I said elsewhere:
Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real." I call this duress.

Amanda admitted that she was drugged up on the night of the murder, and she describes her memories as "flashbacks". Drugged up "flashbacks" are usually considered to be incomplete memories of actual events; incomplete because the drugs interfered with laying down a solid memory.

Still ... what prevented Amanda from speaking the truth about Patrick after she told her mother about her horrendous lies? Nothing, as far as I can see. She had 14 days to come forward, to show compassion for a life she was destroying, but she chose to remain silent. That, in my opinion, is completely unforgiveable, and it speaks to very poor moral character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine