Social Media - General Discussion

For those of you who do not use Twitter and would like to, you could be like me and just sign up to follow. I never tweet, but I enjoy the heck out of following people.

DadessertLadie is one who is freaking hilarious. She might be a member here? I don’t know. But her main goal in life is TO GET TONY’S NUMBER. And her daily tweets make me fall out of my chair laughing.

I LOVE her. She is so freaking funny lol!

Yes - I was surprised to find "One Hot Chick" following me one day!!! They must glom on to newbies.

Levi Page followed me for a few days after I started following the twitwar people. Then he dropped me. I didn't tweet anything to them, and my regular daily tweets wouldn't be exciting to anyone but people who know me. And maybe not to them either.

You guys are killing me I am laughing so hard!!! If someone five years ago showed you the conversation you are having today - would you ever believe it?? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

And now I'm following you! sevensixwhisper is my name. And that didn't take long, I have a spammer following me (not you, lol). Things are fun so far, though, even if I don't understand everything!

I don't post much but like to read. Thanks everyone for the idea. And yes dadessertlady is a trip.

Twitter-wise, @MrsRupertPupkin is always funny; for the adventurous, there's @IamEnid Coleslaw. And don't forget @websleuths!

Example:

Clora Form @DaDessertLadie
I hope Casey Anthony makes up some better imaginary friends for this trial. The last ones were boring and unimaginative. #TwoThumbsDown

Now, I believe THIS kind of tweets is what we need here... something to :floorlaugh:

........... :silly: I saw your post about not following upthread and wondered how long you'd last...:great: and it wasn't nearly as long as I thought! :woot:

Are we taking bets on how long before you tweet?

:silly: I was thinking the same thing, logicalgirl!!

I will live vicariously through our fabulous member's updates, and this has become one of my favorite threads to visit at WS.

So far, I've been able to stave off this new addiction by refusing to take the 1st hit off of the twitter crack pipe. As our dearly departed Whitney Houston would say..."I wanna see the receipts".

Ditto here!! :seeya:

She sure is!! My day is not complete if I don't get to read what she writes!!!!!!! She needs to be on stage as she is that good!!:woohoo:

ETA: I love her other name " Clora Form." lol

I wonder if the Mods wouldn't mind if you posted us some of those tweets?? :waitasec: :please:

Okay guys, we're all learning together here, so chime in with the way you guys think this forum will work best.

Do you guys want to use this thread as a general discussion for all social media?

I was thinking maybe we should open a separate Twitter thread so those of us new to this can ask questions, we can make a master list of WSers twitter names so you guys can follow each other (obviously for those who want to participate). Also, we can use that thread to post interesting tweets and discuss there.

I rarely...RARELY...tweet (truth is, I don't know WTH I am doing on there! lol) but I do retweet and have an account where I follow others for breaking case news and a few just for laughs (dadessertladie). I added a few WSers today since I know who you are now. :D My twitter name is beachws. Since I rarely tweet I have very few followers, especially since I blocked the spammers. lol :sigh:

I have a twitter account as well...and have no clue how to use it :(

Same hat as I have here :D

Sent from my LG Esteem, using Tapatalk.

My twitter name is the same as here. I agree with the support of the desert lady. She is so funny.

Okay guys, we're all learning together here, so chime in with the way you guys think this forum will work best.

Do you guys want to use this thread as a general discussion for all social media?

I was thinking maybe we should open a separate Twitter thread so those of us new to this can ask questions, we can make a master list of WSers twitter names so you guys can follow each other (obviously for those who want to participate). Also, we can use that thread to post interesting tweets and discuss there.

I rarely...RARELY...tweet (truth is, I don't know WTH I am doing on there! lol) but I do retweet and have an account where I follow others for breaking case news and a few just for laughs (dadessertladie). I added a few WSers today since I know who you are now. :D My twitter name is beachws. Since I rarely tweet I have very few followers, especially since I blocked the spammers. lol :sigh:

I am loving it so far. But we don't have anything "hot" happening at the moment. I like the idea of a master list of WSTs (Websleuth Twitterererers). If people wanted to participate they could, if not, not.
Also, maybe a general "social media" thread would bring in more people, other than those interested in this boondoggle of a circus. You know, those like me who can't seem to look away from the train wreck. :what:

mine is @deb_loree. I like to follow strawberry and Momtective. My profile pic is in honor of FCA's lips.

mine is @deb_loree. I like to follow strawberry and Momtective. My profile pic is in honor of FCA's lips.

Mine is LisaNotJulie......and my profile pic more or less says "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still (in the end) Casey Anthony" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Please don't stop kids! I am definitely living vicariously by reading about all your hijinks - and whenever I have a minute I log into dadessertlady's account and have a laugh.:floorlaugh:

But I don't dare start tweeting for fun - since I am supposed to be working :what: while I while away on the hours on WS - if I start with the tweets, I'll end up pushing a cart up the street :please: so please, please - if you see me start - it means I've gone completely over the edge...:woohoo:.

So if you see me start....just give me a good :slap: and remind me :nono: because when we're talking about WS - I can't seem to do anything halfway - it's nothing or "all in".:biglaugh:

I don't know how to use it either - I shot a response off to Nancy Grace in response to something about Josh Powell....and it just said "good"

I'm sure she thought I was a nutjob!!!

This is a fun one to follow:

@Funny One Liners @funnyoneliners
Trouble brewing at Symphony Hall. It's the bottom of Beethoven's 9th, and the bassists are loaded. RT @SpacemanQ

Also - I think this is dadessertladie's blog....if not, it is someone she follows all the time. She HATES Adele and it is really, really funny. I love Adele....but I still laugh like crazy at this blog.
http://temporalbreak.wordpress.com/

OK - BEACH can we post stuff like this here? I am still confused. Should it only pertain to FCA or what?
Help

I like your ideas, especially the one about a thread to ask Twitter questions since I am mostly Twitter stupid, LOL. I like the Master List idea too. This can stay as a general discussion thread, kind of a like a Twitter sidebar, lol. It's quiet right now, so we may not be starting a whole bunch of new threads until things get interesting again. Casey's got to be getting bored about now, so I'm expecting something any day now, lol.

I did have a question, though. Are doing threads for individual Tweeters or threads for like ZG case tweets, or Casey Tweets? I guess we'll decide that as we go along. I got a tweet from Matt Morgan this morning, but I'm not sure where to post and talk about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back