Students' photos altered in yearbook

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051708dnmetyearbook.108e16bb1.html

The problem photos are obvious. One girl's arm is missing. Another girl is missing her clothing – and was left with a blurred chest.

Multiple students have the same body and clothes. Some shirt colors were changed, while patterns and wording on other shirts were wiped out.

At least 34 students had someone else's body.

Officials from Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., the Minnesota-based photography company, said someone at the company made the alterations in an attempt to comply with the school's photo guidelines. (uh, I don't think so)
(more at link)

Sounds like the person doing the alterations was drunk or on drugs! I can see why they'd do some alterations, but why mess with outfits and body parts??

That's kinda funny!

Hmm, I need to send them my picture and have them take off 30 pounds!

Sounds like the person doing the alterations was drunk or on drugs! I can see why they'd do some alterations, but why mess with outfits and body parts??

My first thought, Mr E.! :furious:

I don't find this funny at all. If my son came home with a yearbook which clearly had an altered picture of him in it I would be really really angry. No clothes and a blurred chest on a female because the editor thought they would be funny?!? No excuses and as the article said unethical.

The companies excuse isn't passing the smell test.
I checked and the same company does my daughter's yearbook. :0

We hate that high school. My son's football team beat the crap out of them last year!! We think this is hysterical!!! The families will get their yearbooks fixed!

OMG, this is a huge problem. I would sue if my daughters yearbook picture looked like she had no clothes. Look at the one in the article above, it looks like she has MAJOR cleavage!!!

Do you guys remember the article posted here about a year ago with the kindergardener who a lifetouch employee photoshopped in cleavage?
THESE PEOPLE ARE PERVERTS!!

That's a highly unethical practice. Touching up a photo to make adjustments is one thing, completely doctoring the photo is another. Any photo studio that big should know the difference.

I just hope the person that did this did not alter the originals. Hopefully those are still in their original form.

What a crock!! They would certainly stop that practice if the parents sued the shirts off them!

Nobody from that super company checked them Yearbooks before they went out? Obviously not. I mean they sure would have seen a girl's shirt removed and her chest blurred out.

Personally I think somebody was way screwing with that school.

Our school uses Lifetouch.

Last year they fired a photographer for exposing himself and playing with himslef in front of the girls. They were there for Sr portraits. He was a total perv.

My son is in Jr high and last year they didn't even have his picture under his name. Our last name is Santos and they put a hispanic kid under his name. My son is blond haired and green eyed! I know we have a spanish last name(my hubby is Portugese) but I was pissed to pay for a yearbook that didn't even have the correct picture in it!

Our school uses Lifetouch.

Last year they fired a photographer for exposing himself and playing with himslef in front of the girls. They were there for Sr portraits. He was a total perv.

My son is in Jr high and last year they didn't even have his picture under his name. Our last name is Santos and they put a hispanic kid under his name. My son is blond haired and green eyed! I know we have a spanish last name(my hubby is Portugese) but I was pissed to pay for a yearbook that didn't even have the correct picture in it!

Rosario, was the same kids name under your son's photograph? Man, I'd be super miffed myself.

Fired? They should have locked that freak up. That's a crime he commited that creep.

OMG, this is a huge problem. I would sue if my daughters yearbook picture looked like she had no clothes. Look at the one in the article above, it looks like she has MAJOR cleavage!!!

Do you guys remember the article posted here about a year ago with the kindergardener who a lifetouch employee photoshopped in cleavage?

I believe the pic with the cleavage is the original. The yellow background is her school ID card. They take that on picture day and that is your school picture. The student in question had her head superimposed onto a boys body (she think) and her hair is shorter in it.

Just for fun last year when my son had to take his school ID (from lifetouch) he put his hair in pigtails. Now, that is the picture that goes on his transcripts for college. Thankfully, or registrar can removethe pictures. His Sr portraits came out really good.

Rosario, was the same kids name under your son's photograph? Man, I'd be super miffed myself.

Fired? They should have locked that freak up. That's a crime he commited that creep.
My son's photo was no where to be found in the book. I'm thinking the other kid had his picture in twice. I'm also guessing they assumed since it was a hispanic sounding last name there wouldn't be a white kid's picture. I'm just guessing though...

I think there were charges pressed against that photographer. It was in our paper. He was young too. Not some dirty old man. There photographers were in their early to mid 20's.

Makes you wonder what kind of perverts are looking at your kid's school pic, doesn't it?

Mr. E, that's exactly what I was thinking. What else are they doing with our children's pictures?! :eek: They could be out on the internet for all we know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back