Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

Click to enlarge attachment...
I noticed that too HotDogs, but then I looked in the background and I think that is a bed. It looks like a comforter and deduced this may be in the bedroom and not the living room. Not sure where a blanket would be in relationship to the door tile in the living room. KWIM? Unless they moved the couch right in front of the slider and put a blanket over it in some way. But that looks like a bed to me.

The question in the thread is whether or not this is actually a picture of Caylee. We are not really addressing the significance of such a picture beyond her ability to open the door to access the outside. Some feel that this picture was doctored or otherwise manipulated by the defense and that is the issue at hand.

Yes, I know what is being discussed, I have read the thread.

But I don't really see what the point of the defense manipulating the photo would be since it doesn't prove anything except that Caylee used doors to enter and exit rooms, and I believe everyone already took that for granted, whether she drowned or not. I see the photo as just decor, a way for JB to spend some time with Cindy insinuating things.

Si Caylee was right-handed? If she was, she wouldn't be trying to open or a close a door with her left hand, especially a door that required some struggle from a child.

Another thing that bothers me about the defense's logic is that we've heard Caylee loved to swim and asked to get in the pool often. She was put in a life vest often and I'm sure it was explained to her what it was for. She would have grown accustomed to it and looked for it before making the effort to climb into the pool because she's old enough to understand that. It's like crossing the street. Kids have it ingrained very early on to take their parents hand when they cross the street and it's explained to them why. They learn to be cautious. Caylee, from all accounts, was a bright child who listened to direction.

Thirdly, Cindy claims she saw the ladder up when she got home but she's certain it was taken down the last time the pool was used. In fact, it alarmed her because it was up and that's not usual. Who put it up? It's too heavy for Caylee.

There are just too many holes in this pool theory to me. Anyone with common sense would think the possibilities through and realize, if the mother and grandfather were home, if the ladder was up, if Caylee was a bright child, it would not happen unless there was some intent and malice involved. So the only way I'm believing Caylee drowned in that pool is if someone set it up for her to drown. I'm still not buying any kind of an accident.

Several years ago, I ran a near-drowning call (we resuscitated the child fortunately making it a "near") on a roughly 28 month old child. The entire family was home and it was fall and it was cooling down, and the family was no longer using the pool, so the back doors were locked. The child removed the cover from a small pet-door in the back door, and climbed through sideways, as that's the only way the child could fit. The clothes were left between the door and the pool, where after a 7yo in the house didn't see the sibling anywhere and the family started scrambling to find the child. They did, face down in the deep end on the bottom with no clothes on.

It can happen so fast that no one even knows they are missing, same happens with toddlers opening front doors and they are found in a busy roadway blocks from their home, and when they are returned, the parents are stunned that the child wasn't "playing in the room" where they last saw them.

Why then, if this was such an accident, wouldn't anyone not call 911?? Who knows yet... we may never know, and that might turn out to not even be what really happened. An accident can be logically and legally explained away, a cover-up cannot. If this is in fact a cover-up, it's imperative to "pin the tail" on the correct donkey/donkey's... otherwise, justice isn't served. JMOO

I noticed that too HotDogs, but then I looked in the background and I think that is a bed. It looks like a comforter and deduced this may be in the bedroom and not the living room. Not sure where a blanket would be in relationship to the door tile in the living room. KWIM? Unless they moved the couch right in front of the slider and put a blanket over it in some way. But that looks like a bed to me.

And that looks like the bottom corner of an opened hinged door right behind the dog.

Sorry folks but this photo is normal

The reason it looks out of proportion is because its quite close up and the whole length of the door isnt showing - If it had been taken at the far end of the room with the whole door length in the photo you would see what I mean. The shoes are bulky but you can see she is tip-toeing to stretch to reach up

I have photoshop and if you stretch a photo then you stretch the whole length of the canvas and besides, stretching the photo would do nothing as she is grabbing up at the door handle - it would be pointless!

I bet that this is a series of photos though or maybe even a still from a video. As for the shoes...whats the big deal? I remember my daughter as a toddler insisting on wearing her wellington boots with her fairy costume!

I honestly dont think this is mysterious at all and yes I think its Caylee - sorry

:whiteflag:

bbm

You can stretch, skew, distort, etc. only one object in a photo by selecting that object and using the free transform tool. I'm not saying anyone did that with this photo but it is possible.

Anyone that doubts the capability of a 2 year old, especially if you are fixated on this case as we all seem to be, must watch this video. MOO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVlSch9I6Ik"]YouTube - ‪Four doors. One two-year-old. No contest!‬‏[/ame]

Several years ago, I ran a near-drowning call (we resuscitated the child fortunately making it a "near") on a roughly 28 month old child. The entire family was home and it was fall and it was cooling down, and the family was no longer using the pool, so the back doors were locked. The child removed the cover from a small pet-door in the back door, and climbed through sideways, as that's the only way the child could fit. The clothes were left between the door and the pool, where after a 7yo in the house didn't see the sibling anywhere and the family started scrambling to find the child. They did, face down in the deep end on the bottom with no clothes on.

It can happen so fast that no one even knows they are missing, same happens with toddlers opening front doors and they are found in a busy roadway blocks from their home, and when they are returned, the parents are stunned that the child wasn't "playing in the room" where they last saw them.

Why then, if this was such an accident, wouldn't anyone not call 911?? Who knows yet... we may never know, and that might turn out to not even be what really happened. An accident can be logically and legally explained away, a cover-up cannot. If this is in fact a cover-up, it's imperative to "pin the tail" on the correct donkey/donkey's... otherwise, justice isn't served. JMOO
My problem with this is that your experience makes sense. 911 was called. It sounds like you're talking about an in-ground pool that did not require the child to connect a heavy ladder to the pool. It sounds like there were no other red flags that indicated foul play. You're talking about a drowning incident that follows logic and fortunately it even had a happy ending. Caylee's so called "accidental" drowning does not follow any kind of logic or common sense.

I guess I just don't really see the point at all. So what if there is a photo of her going through a door. Millions of children go through many doors each day and they're not all dead.
How is this evidence that Caylee drowned accidentally?

My guess is it's supposed to depict that Caylee was able to unlock and open the sliding glass door on her own in order to get out to the pool. This, despite the prior testimony that the doors were child-proofed. :waitasec:

MOO

My problem with this is that your experience makes sense. 911 was called. It sounds like you're talking about an in-ground pool that did not require the child to connect a heavy ladder to the pool. It sounds like there were no other red flags that indicated foul play. You're talking about a drowning incident that follows logic and fortunately it even had a happy ending. Caylee's so called "accidental" drowning does not follow any kind of logic or common sense.

The only "flag" anyone questioned that day was the fact that there was a 4 foot chainlink fence around the pool area and the lock was secured in the hole with the gate latch "up" or in the open position, where you would have to unlock the lock to close the latch. Still an accident, but they happen... everyday, 24/7/365... otherwise you'd see very few ambulances anywhere. MOO

The only "flag" anyone questioned that day was the fact that there was a 4 foot chainlink fence around the pool area and the lock was secured in the hole with the gate latch "up" or in the open position, where you would have to unlock the lock to close the latch. Still an accident, but they happen... everyday, 24/7/365... otherwise you'd see very few ambulances anywhere. MOO
Accidents do happen everyday and 911 is called everyday in light of those accidents. There is nothing in the circumstances of Caylee's death that points towards one of those everyday run-of-the-mill accidents. Not even close.

No one takes an accidentally drowned child and puts them in their trunk for days while they think of how to to dispose of them. There is nothing normal or accidental about that and it's insulting we are being asked to consider it.

But then that's probably why the defense team refuses to acknowledge the trunk was ever part of their ludicrous theory.

My guess is it's supposed to depict that Caylee was able to unlock and open the sliding glass door on her own in order to get out to the pool. This, despite the prior testimony that the doors were child-proofed. :waitasec:

MOO

In addition to the photo we have this...

Cindy said: Caylee was able to and did open that door on her own.

Cindy did not say: Caylee was incapable of opening that door on her own.

The photo and testimony sets the stage for a possible accidental drowning while Caylee was unattended.

also remember that when little Caylees remains were found they had her measurements -Please think logically about this - do you not think that the DT team would jeopardize the whole trial by tampering with a photo? If they were so insistent all they would have had to say is that Caylee could open the door by standing on a stool/chair/or whatever!

The photo is not a bombshell to the DT !

The only thing about that photo that looks odd to me is how high the electrical outlet is. Most of the ones I've seen are closer to the floor but I've seen them higher in older houses.

Accidents do happen everyday and 911 is called everyday in light of those accidents. There is nothing in the circumstances of Caylee's death that points towards one of those everyday run-of-the-mill accidents. Not even close.

No one takes an accidentally drowned child and puts them in their trunk for days while they think of how to to dispose of them. There is nothing normal or accidental about that and it's insulting we are being asked to consider it.

But then that's probably why the defense team refuses to acknowledge the trunk was ever part of their ludicrous theory.

Very true, there is absolutely nothing accidental about a cover-up, but the charge in this case is 1st Degree Murder, and that is the element that must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. A cover-up following an accident, is not a murder, if that's what happened. JMOO

Have fun... the tone seems to be changing in here. See y'all tomorrow!

Anyone that doubts the capability of a 2 year old, especially if you are fixated on this case as we all seem to be, must watch this video. MOO

YouTube - ‪Four doors. One two-year-old. No contest!‬‏

That was an excellent comparison...even though they are 'opening doors' and I think the Anthonys had sliders which I have (the handle needs to be in a certain position to open...for life of me cant remember so I'll look later ...but my memory serves me correct that kids could open (with a bit of force when taller) I used to lock with a key

In addition to the photo we have this...

Cindy said: Caylee was able to and did open that door on her own.

Cindy did not say: Caylee was incapable of opening that door on her own.

The photo and testimony sets the stage for a possible accidental drowning while Caylee was unattended.

The question in my mind still remains: Was Caylee actually able to unlock and open that door on her own or is this testimony contrived for the purpose of setting the stage for an accidental drowning? I still find it somewhat ironic that a photo exists of her at the door.

MOO

Very true, there is absolutely nothing accidental about a cover-up, but the charge in this case is 1st Degree Murder, and that is the element that must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. A cover-up following an accident, is not a murder, if that's what happened. JMOO

Have fun... the tone seems to be changing in here. See y'all tomorrow!
An accidental pool drowning of a child in Florida does not require a cover-up. A cover up that consisted of being put into plastic bags, left decomposing in the trunk of a car still being driven, duct tape around the lower half of the face and finally left in the woods to rot. That's a pretty gruesome cover up for the "accidental" drowning of a two year old child. It defies all logic.

That was an excellent comparison...even though they are 'opening doors' and I think the Anthonys had sliders which I have (the handle needs to be in a certain position to open...for life of me cant remember so I'll look later ...but my memory serves me correct that kids could open (with a bit of force when taller) I used to lock with a key

I tell everyone I know that they should install a simple cheap sliding latch at "the top" of any door that leads to a dangerous area. It should be at the highest point allowable to keep the little ones from reaching it... it also is one of the few ways you can prevent some sleep walkers from exiting their homes.

For all you parents (I'm one too) don't take a chance! Go to the nearest hardware store and spend $50 and actually child proof your home... it may be the best $50 you ever spend and you may never even know if or when it saved your child's life. MOO :seeya:

The question in my mind still remains: Was Caylee actually able to unlock and open that door on her own or is this testimony contrived for the purpose of setting the stage for an accidental drowning? I still find it somewhat ironic that a photo exists of her at the door.

MOO

We also did not hear something like this on cross examination:

Is it not true that your sliding glass doors have childproof locks, Mrs. Anthony?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back