Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing. What appears to be blood smears in both the car and the truck? :waitasec:

Search warrants said there were what look like 'blood smears' on the door in each car. CSI took samples for DNA analysis. I don't know who the blood belongs to.

Search warrants said there were what look like 'blood smears' on the door in each car. CSI took samples for DNA analysis. I don't know who the blood belongs to.
That's what I'm finding strange ~ both vehicles. MOO

Or maybe he's going to Michigan to be close to his family. That's where "home" is to him. His father only lives about seven driving miles from the McCombs.

I now think that it was VERY wise for the McCombs to put R and B in hiding. I would guess that one of Venus' brothers has the children... and the one I know the best about is an ace deer hunter. Surely Douglas won't be stupid enough to harass the family while he's in Michigan. That would be monumentally stupid.

My heart breaks for them too. You could see in the videos Grandpa adored those little girls :(

My heart breaks for them too. You could see in the videos Grandpa adored those little girls :(

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Douglas-Stewart-person-of-interest

But who is Douglas Stewart? And why is he in West Michigan?

Although troopers are not actively searching for him, they say he is in the area.

Maybe he is at his parent's house? They are not saying he is over by Detroit if they are saying he is in "West Michigan" or "the area".

Maybe he moved all his crap up here so his poor parents won't have to go down there and pack his stuff when he gets arrested?

I can't believe he has not been arrested yet! They must be waiting on the blood tests to come back. I would think they would have them back. Didn't they collect them on the 5th????
So it's been 6 days since they collected the samples and nothing yet?
You would think those tests would be rushed since Venus is still missing.

JMO

I can't believe he has not been arrested yet! They must be waiting on the blood tests to come back. I would think they would have them back. Didn't they collect them on the 5th????

JMO

I was thinking that too. Wasn't pretty much all the evidence gathered on the 5th? Including his DNA? They should have had the blood analyzed by now.

Also found this recent article...NOT GOOD

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/04/dna_caseload_backs_up_as_michi.html

and this...

http://www.forensicmag.com/News_Articles.asp?pid=883

No, that's not good at all.

We could all be gone at the hands of the Mayan calendar before they have DNA evidence back on this... unless they push it up to the front of the line...but it sounds like there are plenty of other unsolved homicides in their backlog.

Now that we know he was in the marines...does this make him more or less likely to "take himself out" once the kitchen gets too hot? Someone that is so brazen as to wifenap in broad daylight may be crazy enough to hole himself up somewhere and not be taken alive...IMO

We could all be gone at the hands of the Mayan calendar before they have DNA evidence back on this... unless they push it up to the front of the line...but it sounds like there are plenty of other unsolved homicides in their backlog.

Now that we know he was in the marines...does this make him more or less likely to "take himself out" once the kitchen gets too hot? Someone that is so brazen as to wifenap in broad daylight may be crazy enough to hole himself up somewhere and not be taken alive...IMO

This is going to sound cold as hell but frankly, if he's responsible for her abduction and murder and as long as he doesn't try to take anyone else out along with him, good riddance.

JMO

I'm trying to remember. LE got the buccal swab from Doug's mouth and swabs from the blood in the cars on the same day.
They will run a tests on his DNA, the blood smears, and Venus' DNA. If there is no match between the 3, guess LE will have to eliminate the blood smears or find out who they belong to. ? I'm sure forensics is short of people and money - what agency isn't nowadays? I can see the shortages everywhere, in the media and all facets of LE. Hope it gets better soon! m00

Well IF the husband did anything to her he already knows the DNA results doesn't he? If LE has his vehicles what is he driving? or riding in? do we know?

Well IF the husband did anything to her he already knows the DNA results doesn't he? If LE has his vehicles what is he driving? or riding in? do we know?

Good question! How is he getting around? This guy seems to defy all the odds and continue his harassing, arrogant, strut. Did someone lend him a car? moo

This is going to sound cold as hell but frankly, if he's responsible for her abduction and murder and as long as he doesn't try to take anyone else out along with him, good riddance.

Agreed, I just wouldn't want that to prevent VS being located.

Good question! How is he getting around? This guy seems to defy all the odds and continue his harassing, arrogant, strut. Did someone lend him a car? moo

For some reason I am thinking they collected the evidence from the location where the vehicles were found, but I'm too tired to hunt through all the articles to find that. If he was "moving back" I doubt he would leave all his stuff there. If the truck is in her name, I would think he won't be making any more payments on it after this. The car is older...

Maybe he got a rental car or a moving van? Who knows...

I can't see where he would have any incentive to confess and help police find Venus...IIRC Michigan is life without parole for first degree murder w/no other options...maybe someone knows for sure...

Thank you for saying what's been on my mind. That is a concern, I think.

For some reason I am thinking they collected the evidence from the location where the vehicles were found, but I'm too tired to hunt through all the articles to find that. If he was "moving back" I doubt he would leave all his stuff there. If the truck is in her name, I would think he won't be making any more payments on it after this. The car is older...

Maybe he got a rental car or a moving van? Who knows...

I thought the same as you - weren't the cars parked 2 blocks from his residence? I thought LE went there with warrants. I've been told the two vehicles were towed in and in LE custody. Guess I'm confused once again! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member