17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
He misunderstood what was happening, I don't think he did anything "wrong".

I was intrigued about the time Trayvon got caught in school with the jewelry, the teacher noticed Trayvon was "acting suspiciously" and investigated, and found the jewelry and screwdriver in his possession.

I'm bringing this up because I wonder what the teacher saw? What GZ saw? Both seem to characterize Trayvon's movements the same way.

If the case was that Trayvon was merely running in GZ's direction - as a pure coincidence to get out of the rain for example - and GZ mistakenly shot and killed him, that would be horrific and would make GZ feel remorse.

He was being punched in the head. I really don't know how much remorse I'd feel for shooting some guy who was on top of me pounding my head. I'd feel sad for his family, for sure. My mindset is it's likely one of us isn't going to live through this incident, and it's going to be you.

So basically what you are saying is that as long as YOU believe you are interpreting things in the right way all your behaviors should be justified. what if your thoughts and assumptions are wrong? you shouldnt have to be held acccountable?? im not sure thats how life works. And I really have no idea what gz feeling remorse and trayvons school record have to do with eachother. but....ok then??

Was TM hiding when he was thought suspicious by GZ?

That's a good question, and I don't have an answer for that.

I don't know what the behaviors were that GZ found suspicious, although I'm sure GZ was asked to state those behaviors in the police station that night.

I was intrigued about the time Trayvon got caught in school with the jewelry, the teacher noticed Trayvon was "acting suspiciously" and investigated, and found the jewelry and screwdriver in his possession.

I'm bringing this up because I wonder what the teacher saw? What GZ saw? Both seem to characterize Trayvon's movements the same way.

If the case was that Trayvon was merely running in GZ's direction - as a pure coincidence to get out of the rain for example - and GZ mistakenly shot and killed him, that would be horrific and would make GZ feel remorse.

He was being punched in the head. I really don't know how much remorse I'd feel for shooting some guy who was on top of me pounding my head. I'd feel sad for his family, for sure. My mindset is it's likely one of us isn't going to live through this incident, and it's going to be you.

BBM

I don't think that statement is true. Do you have a link to back that up?

Trayvon's backpack was not searched because he was hiding and looked suspicious. It clearly says why it was searched in the article. I posted the part that clearly says why it was searched.

As far as we know, from what we have heard, from what Zimmerman claimed, Trayvon was not doing anything other than walking down the road with his hoodie up in the rain while looking around him. There was no tagging any property. There was no weapon in his hand. He was in an area that he had every right and reason to be. He was not hiding in an unallowed area. There was no reason whatsoever for Trayvon to have been followed by an armed man that evening. SPD had been notified and where on the way. SPD would have found out that Trayvon was staying in the complex and he would have gone home without incident. Unfortunately Zimmerman was determined that Trayvon was one of "those" that always get away and made a deadly decision. That falls on Zimmerman, not Trayvon or anyone else.

MOO

So basically what you are saying is that as long as YOU believe you are interpreting things in the right way all your behaviors should be justified. what if your thoughts and assumptions are wrong? you shouldnt have to be held acccountable?? im not sure thats how life works. And I really have no idea what gz feeling remorse and trayvons school record have to do with eachother. but....ok then??

Whatever GZ thought about Trayvon, and what Trayvon was doing didn't cause Trayvon's death.

It was the physical altercation that caused his death. So, IMHO, GZ wasn't wrong about that part.

Up until the physical altercation GZ would be completely in the wrong for shooting, punching, grabbing, etc.

Since we don't know who started the physical altercation - there were no witnesses - it would be very hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't Trayvon.

Allegedly punched in the head. it is not fact.
we do not know if he truely was being attacked maliciously, if there was no altercation, or if any actions by Mr Martin were self defense as this stranger stalked then accosted him and Trevor was in a position of fighting for his life, a fight he lost.

While we don't know, prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it didn't happen.

Do you know if Trayvon died instantly?

If as the transcripts of the 911 calls (I think they are on the CNN website) show that the call with the screams and the shot began at 7:16, then Trayvon must have died instantly. The gunshot is 44 seconds into that call. The first officer arrived at 7:17 and TM was not moving or responsive when checked.

JMO, IMO, etc.

I think that everyone here would agree with that.

GZ sees himself as a knight in shining armor, a protector of the innocent, a guardian of the community, a brave avenger. A bit self-agrandizing.

<snipped>

So it's all just a matter of a simple misunderstanding and you don't he did anything wrong?! :waitasec:

Do you know if Trayvon died instantly?

We know that GZ straddled Trayvon with a hand on his back per at least one of the witnesses. We know that the police arrived within about a minute. We know at this point no witness has claimed Trayvon moved himself after the shooting. When the autopsy is released we'll know more about when he died. I have asked if the police rolled him over to do cpr and no one seemed to know. However it does not appear that even if he had been rolled over, the spot he was in before being rolled still wouldn't have been near the supposed concrete GZ (and/or his spokes people) have claimed he was having his head bashed in at.

if I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I don't) Mr Zimmerman had no problem turning his hose on children riding by his yard on bikes because a neighbor child was bullied at a different time. I get the sense that he may have considered himself a self appointed hero-wanna be. Anavenger of sorts.

the above is my personal opinion.

My impression from that article has always been that he was a child or teenager himself when he did that. Maybe I'm wrong. But, if standing up against bullies makes one a self-appointed hero-wanna be, it seems there are a fair amount of those around. All the way from Congress to the anti-bullying board here. Imo, not the best example of renegade behavior.

Whatever GZ thought about Trayvon, and what Trayvon was doing didn't cause Trayvon's death.

It was the physical altercation that caused his death. So, IMHO, GZ wasn't wrong about that part.

Up until the physical altercation GZ would be completely in the wrong for shooting, punching, grabbing, etc.

Since we don't know who started the physical altercation - there were no witnesses - it would be very hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't Trayvon.

A physical altercation that would never had happened had a responsible person acted in a reasonable way, and never approached such a suspicious individual. All imo

We know that GZ straddled Trayvon with a hand on his back per at least one of the witnesses. We know that the police arrived within about a minute. We know at this point no witness has claimed Trayvon moved himself after the shooting. When the autopsy is released we'll know more about when he died. I have asked if the police rolled him over to do cpr and no one seemed to know. However it does not appear that even if he had been rolled over, the spot he was in before being rolled still wouldn't have been near the supposed concrete GZ (and/or his spokes people) have claimed he was having his head bashed in at.

According to police report, I believe police did roll him over for CPR. Even if it doesn't say specifically he was rolled over, he had to be, since it would not be possible to do CPR on someone face down. The person needs to be flat on his/her back for CPR to be carried out. And police report definitely says they did CPR on him.

A physical altercation that would never had happened had a responsible person acted in a reasonable way, and never approached such a suspicious individual. All imo

IF that altercation took place to begin with. At this point we have no proof of it, only Zimmerman's word which IMO means nothing.

MOO

Well, we can disagree on that all we want, that's not how the law is written. It's not illegal to approach someone who you find suspicious and ask them what they're doing.

Just hope it was real bullies he hosed and not just some random kids he thought looked like bullies for no fathomable reason.

IF that altercation took place to begin with. At this point we have no proof of it, only Zimmerman's word which IMO means nothing.

MOO
No. It's not just Zimmerman's word. There were witnesses who saw the altercation.
I think all the 911 callers pretty much establish that physical altercation took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell