17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought may be they wrote that because GZ stated that Tray will going to kill him which would have been an illegal act unless you were GZ.
But then Tray was also legally standing his ground since he was in fear of his life too. Kind of winner takes all. What a mess Florida created with this very liberal "walking along with you" SYG.

I think it is not an offense to kill someone who is trying to kill you. That is justified--self-defense.

That would seem more to be a matter of self-defense, though, which is not the same thing.
If he used force that was disproportionate to the threat, that would be the statute he'd be charged under.

Since the 15-year-old girlfriend is being called to testify at the Grand Jury, that must mean the phone records matched up and she was telling the truth. I think that can be put to rest now? Right?

ETA: Telling the truth about being on the phone with Trayvon.

< mod snip >
Yes this will support what many here have said...that her word is credible. It says a lot when her testimony is found to be useful, should this go to any sort of GJ or charges.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Maybe with LE not knowing who TM was - the unlawful act was trespassing? IDK

JMHO

I still don't understand if Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy and Martin lived there how come they didn't know each other?

--someone had asked for the video interview on the previous tread..

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1543560623001/what-really-happened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/[/ame]

Exclusive: 'Geraldo at Large' talks to Trayvon's father's girlfriend and her son at the gated community where he was shot. 4:43

I still don't understand if Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy and Martin lived there how come they didn't know each other?

Because Trayvon and his father were only visiting. Trayvon's father's fiance lives in the complex.

~jmo~

Trayvon Martin didn't live there. He was only there with his father visiting father's girlfriend.

Because Tracy Martin & Trayvon lived in Miami. His GF, Brandy Green lived at teh complex.

That is why GZ didn't know who he was.

There are 260+ condo units in the Retreat at Twin Lakes complex. It would be impossible for GZ to know every owner/renter / family / friends etc, imo.

Holy camoley. By the time I got to the end of the other thread it was closed. LOL
Question: Has GZ ever shown any remorse?

Never seen this particular statute before. I should have cropped the entire line, but it reads: Statute #782.11, UCR 090C, Attempt/Commit - C

(BBM)

Here's the whole thing.

782.11&#8195;Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act.—Whoever shall unnecessarily kill another, either while resisting an attempt by such other person to commit any felony, or to do any other unlawful act, or after such attempt shall have failed, shall be deemed guilty of manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
History.—s. 13, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2388; GS 3213; RGS 5043; CGL 7145; s. 719, ch. 71-136.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.11.html

Also, I don't understand why either side wouldn't want an investigation. Wouldn't it clear GZ's name or bring clarity?

ITA
< mod snip >

*Sigh*
I remain disgusted at those whose choose to blame and criticize and trash TM's family. It's abhorrent heartless, ignorant, cruel behavior. IMO.

I personally know I'd give anything and everything I had to give to get my murdered child back. I suspect the Martin family feels the same.

I think a huge helping of COMPASSION is in order.

:hug: (((((((((((Flourish)))))))))))

Holy camoley. By the time I got to the end of the other thread it was closed. LOL
Question: Has GZ ever shown any remorse?

< mod snip >

The only thing I've heard is how that cried for days. But that was from either Oliver, Taafe or his brother. So you can take that for what it's worth.

I'd like to know if George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin had any previous encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member