NC NC - William 'Billy' Hobbs, 58, Greensboro, 13 Sept 2008

evajon

Reaction score
On September 13, 2008, Deborah Moy was brutally beaten and burned alive. Her friend, with her at the time, was murdered. Three people were in her apartment that night and only one person walked out, Michael Slagle. Deborah spent over two years in and out of the hospital. She sustained fourth-degree burns over 70% of her body. Both of her legs were amputated, her jaw was broken, her ribs were cracked, and she slipped into a long, non-induced coma.

The police in the town of Greensboro, NC, neglected to call in the SBI. The District Attorney (DA) never contacted Deborah's family. On the contrary, when her sister finally was able to get the Assistant DA, Howard Neumann, on the phone, he said, "Even if I were to arrest Slagle, put him in jail for the rest of his life, it wouldn't bring Mr. Hobbs's life back and it won't bring your sister's legs back."

While Deborah was healing, her case went cold without her knowledge. A cold case detective finally arrested Slagle, who had absconded to Florida, and extradited him back to Greensboro, in May of 2011. In January 2012 , a Grand Jury indicted Slagle for the murder, attempted murder, and arson charges. Still after not being contacted, still after not being present for any of the times Slagle was in the courtroom, the Moy family met with the Assistant DA, Howard Neumann, who informed them that he was releasing Slagle in two days. WHY??? The DA offered no reason, except that there were inexcusable blunders on the part of the Police Department. In response to the fears expressed by the Moy family that the murderer could attack Deborah, Howard Neumann said, "If I had a nickel for every person who threatened to murder me, I would be a millionaire."

The Moy family has been forced to sue the City of Greensboro PD and the DA's office for the information. They want to know what went wrong and why.

Deborah is being treated as if the DA wishes she would just go away. She is far too stubborn for that.

Deborah began her first year at law school last August. Because of the gross miscarriage of justice she has experienced, she is determined to do her part to right the wrongs she has suffered. She has decided to work toward being an advocate for our military soldiers, be they burn victims or amputees, Deborah wants to help.

However, Deborah still deserves justice. Her friend, Billy "Ransom" Hobbs deserves justice.

Here is a link to the releasing of the murderer:

http://myfox8.com/2012/05/17/charges-dropped-against-man-held-in-murder-of-greensboro-musician/

Here is a link to Deborah’s interview, after Slagle’s release:

http://on.aol.com/video/woman-sues-the-city-of-greensboro-517781920

Here is a link to Deborah responding to the lawsuit, not found in her favor. She will have to appeal:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/deborah-moy-loses-court-battle-205424504.html

Wow. I live in Kernersville, but I'm in and out of Greensboro a lot and I don't even recall hearing about this case. It seems to me that LE is trying to cover their asses because of all the mistakes that were made. I also think that they don't want their mistakes known to the public, but that's no reason for them to softball this case, if you will. I'll have to ask and look around about this case. This case was totally unknown to me.

Wow. I live in Kernersville, but I'm in and out of Greensboro a lot and I don't even recall hearing about this case. It seems to me that LE is trying to cover their asses because of all the mistakes that were made. I also think that they don't want their mistakes known to the public, but that's no reason for them to softball this case, if you will. I'll have to ask and look around about this case. This case was totally unknown to me.

Yeah, check it out. I am a close friend of Deborah's and have seen the pain she's gone through. I have seen her fight for her life and relearn how to walk on her prosthetics. That man tried to cripple her & it didn't work. Now, the DA's office is trying to do the same thing. :banghead: It is easily one of the most horrific crimes that's ever happened, and nobody seems to care about solving the crime. They need to get that guy off of the street.

Amazing !! This is exactly what happened to me and was said to me by Newmann about the murder of my son. He was murdered 2/5/16. To this day the Greensboro PD will not tell me what happened. There has to be accountability by the GPD to someone, If you or someone you know has had this happen to them in NC, please contact me, as I am taking this to the NC Legislatures to try to get a new law on the books, giving the SBI the ability to investigate police depts. that have done this to people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back