Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

His own grandmother revealed he had problems and psychological issues..IMO IF he had gone into counselling for drug abuse and anger management long before Haleigh's demise she might be alive today...And IMO he is nothing like Tim Miller... In the first place Tim Miller was not the one responsible for his daughter's death, he didn't lie to LE concerning what had happened to his daughter either....JMHO

ETA. Also I'm not seeing any of the despair you are speaking of concerning Ron C especially when I view those pictures from New York taken about a month after Haleigh was reported as being abducted or when I watch any of the tapes from his drug bust..JMHO

I hope you are wrong about all that you just wrote, Everyone has problems and a past, but let's hope we don't have to experience what this family has as I am not quite sure I could handle it all. to have some compassion and prayers for them would be good....

I just removed some posts that were name calling RC and bashing RC. Do we call the players names and bash them on WS? No, we don't.

Knock it off. Last warning.

I think alot of people in the community questioned rc along with fellow his employees. How many did PDM employ? A person working there has a small child come up missing and no one comes out and says anything favorable regarding rc. No one donates work hours to RC. Surely not everyone that works there is cold and uncaring. To me that says quite a bit. I hope we get to hear what is fellow coworkers have to say one day.

Someone who dulls his pain with alcohol or drugs is one thing, but trafficking drugs is another. no comparison. He should have been making an honest living, looking for his missing daughter, & taking care of his son. It is what it is, & for that, I hope this appeal is unsuccessful. MOO.

And let us not forget that Ron hired a CRIMINAL defense attorney and stopped talking to and cooperating with LE. Why would the father of a missing child stop cooperating with LE????

All JMO

Or, he's a lot like Tim Miller, who went into the depths of despair after his child disappeared and developed a serious drinking problem. Anyone who loses a child like this really needs professional counseling to get through their grief and anger. If someone has the means, they can afford help. If they can't afford help, then there is a real danger they will end up drinking or abusing drugs. I feel very sorry for someone who winds up like this after losing a child.

IIRC, there is a big difference between the two. Tim kept searching for his daughter and didn't get into trouble with alcohol until after they had found her body. Same cannot be said for RC on either point.

Tim Miller's actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of the "Thousand Points Of Light" award from a sitting President of The United States.

Ronald Cummings' actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of a fifteen year prison sentence from the State of Florida.

I see no similarities between their actions or despair.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think alot of people in the community questioned rc along with fellow his employees. How many did PDM employ? A person working there has a small child come up missing and no one comes out and says anything favorable regarding rc. No one donates work hours to RC. Surely not everyone that works there is cold and uncaring. To me that says quite a bit. I hope we get to hear what is fellow coworkers have to say one day.

feisty, I may be wrong, however, I thought it was mentioned way back when, that some of PDM employees donated their vacation time so Ron could have time to grieve and search for Haleigh. Anyone remember this?

feisty, I may be wrong, however, I thought it was mentioned way back when, that some of PDM employees donated their vacation time so Ron could have time to grieve and search for Haleigh. Anyone remember this?

I do, yes some employees did donate their (i think) vacation time for Ron.

I also recall it being stated that any employee that discusses HaLeigh's disappearence was going to be fired, per PDM.

I do, yes some employees did donate their (i think) vacation time for Ron.

I also recall it being stated that any employee that discusses HaLeigh's disappearence was going to be fired, per PDM.

Thanks, lil momma, I thought that's what I had heard. But don't you think it's strange that someone from PDM didn't tell his wife, sister, best friend, and they told someone, etc. Some tidbits should have been trickling out after this crime.

Thanks, lil momma, I thought that's what I had heard. But don't you think it's strange that someone from PDM didn't tell his wife, sister, best friend, and they told someone, etc. Some tidbits should have been trickling out after this crime.

Very strange indeed. for some reason "gossip" doesn't happen in PC.

It appears LE has a tight hold on the people in the county. Very small counties are in Florida. In these places maybe people gather together and do whatever LE says to do. It seems LE has told manufacturing, the school system, buisnessess and the social media that they didn't want them discussing the case. Apparently they listen because they all are mute.

This tactic doesn't work in big cities but seems to work in rural towns..it would be a good study in psychology to find the basis for this behavior.

It boggles my mind that ron felt comfortable and entitled to call LE after being called a name. In what kind of district would this sort of thinking occur? Certainly nowhere I know.

Very strange indeed. for some reason "gossip" doesn't happen in PC.
You noticed that also? hmmm.

Perhaps finding out the reason why most locals remain mute and are not outraged with what happened may be the key to solving the case :banghead:

I imagine we will see rc filing many many appeals throughout his incarceration. He feels entitled. He took a SWEET deal and then wants more. It is a shame he didn't put as much effort in taking care of Haleigh

Perhaps finding out the reason why most locals remain mute and are not outraged with what happened may be the key to solving the case :banghead:

Yes, and IMO, Keeping everything mum has not worked out in the past two years, so it is time, let it all out, and let the public be a little more involved and assist, if possible in solving the case.

Then again, maybe there is risk of retaliation of witnesses, if they came forward, and maybe LE, having dealt with the Cummings/Sykes/Neves family for years, maybe they are aware of the risk of retaliation and that is the reason for keeping quiet. IDK :crazy:

It appears LE has a tight hold on the people in the county. Very small counties are in Florida. In these places maybe people gather together and do whatever LE says to do. It seems LE has told manufacturing, the school system, buisnessess and the social media that they didn't want them discussing the case. Apparently they listen because they all are mute.

This tactic doesn't work in big cities but seems to work in rural towns..it would be a good study in psychology to find the basis for this behavior.

It boggles my mind that ron felt comfortable and entitled to call LE after being called a name. In what kind of district would this sort of thinking occur? Certainly nowhere I know.
Police in my smallish town, told my family to have nothing else to do with my daughter's ex or his family, not to answer their calls etc...(he & my dd were involved in a family violence charge). They acted like us talking to them would void our rights or something. I was inclined to comply until I thought about it. That guy's mother was a source of information & that information is what kept my dd from having to go to court. Looking back, I still don't see the reasoning...but it was really hard to go against them. The 1st time I took a call from the exes mother, my husband had a fit, but I was like 'hey, I haven't committed a crime, I'm an adult, & I'll talk to whoever I danged well please'. The world didn't come to an end & I wasn't arrested, but my husband DID act like me going against police orders was some kind of crime. So I guess in small towns, people tend to follow police orders more, & a situation like a missing child would just magnify that. MOO. I guess a lot of this mentality comes from thinking...'police deal with crimes and legalities every day. We don't. They're the experts, so we had better listen'. MOO

I imagine we will see rc filing many many appeals throughout his incarceration. He feels entitled. He took a SWEET deal and then wants more. It is a shame he didn't put as much effort in taking care of Haleigh

I think that Ron has just realized that he is being treated like a common criminal. He's not being treated "special" anymore.:rocker:

Actually this is one of the reasons that led me to believe that the LE in that area are corrupt and have caused this case to be unsolved. I think plain old fear of retaliation (from the LE as well as from Cummings' family) could very well be the reason that we don't have anyone willing to come forth.

Actually this is one of the reasons that led me to believe that the LE in that area are corrupt and have caused this case to be unsolved. I think plain old fear of retaliation (from the LE as well as from Cummings' family) could very well be the reason that we don't have anyone willing to come forth.

I disagree with this. IMO, people have 'come forth'. IMO, they just might not be saying what some people want to hear.

I recall one guy going on about how Ron was at the bus stop that last day, paraphrasing, driving like a maniac and endangering the children waiting on the bus. Has he been retaliated against in any way? IMO, that is 'coming forth'.

There was a letter from Nay-Nay discussing some guy giving an affidavit claiming Misty was at a party with Haleigh and Haleigh ODed. The story that was put out IMO would have put Ron in the clear, yet it seems to me LE investigated and dismissed these claims. It also seems several people 'came forth' disputing this story.

IMO, people 'aren't willing to come forth' because they have nothing to say because they don't know anything.

As far as all of LE being corrupt, I don't believe it. LE came out publicly stating Ron is not a suspect. Privately, they may feel completely opposite, however, IMO, when they are faced with things like evidence Ron was at work, I don't know what they are supposed to do. There is no evidence we have showing Ron was not at work, and there is no evidence we have showing Ron did anything to Haleigh. There is a lot of evidence after the fact showing Ron doing things in direct conflict with what a good daddy would do, but those things, while IMO are disgusting and morally reprehensible, are not illegal, like marrying Misty, and running off to NYC for fun, and trying to bully restaurants into giving him free meals, and putting a sign on his pick-up saying "Only God can judge me", etc. etc. Misty, on the other hand, was the last known person to see Haleigh alive, and to my knowledge, there is not a lick of evidence to dispute that. Maybe LE hasn't charged Ron or Misty in Haleigh's disappearance, not because they are all corrupt, and/or in fear of Ron, and/or so intimidated that Ron's mother is/was a dispatcher, etc. etc., but because they do not have the evidence necessary to hold either of them or get a conviction. Since Ron and Misty are both in prison now, I would prefer LE to continue to work this case and hopefully find enough evidence to get a conviction, instead of making charges that won't stick and end up with double jeopardy.

Ron filed pro se.
The docket is now available.

Fifth District Court of Appeal Case Docket

Case Number: 5D11-813

Final Criminal 3.800 Notice from Putnam County

RONALD CUMMINGS vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 10-145-CF-52, 10-146-CF-52, 10-253-CF-52

Date Docketed Description Date Due Filed By Notes
03/11/2011 Notice of Appeal Filed Pro Se - Appellant
03/11/2011 REC-3.800 SUMM DENIAL

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search?pscourt=5

Does that 2nd line mean this one has been denied?

Or, he's a lot like Tim Miller, who went into the depths of despair after his child disappeared and developed a serious drinking problem. Anyone who loses a child like this really needs professional counseling to get through their grief and anger. If someone has the means, they can afford help. If they can't afford help, then there is a real danger they will end up drinking or abusing drugs. I feel very sorry for someone who winds up like this after losing a child.

Ronald was not convicted of using drugs. He was convicted of SELLING drugs. Is that a common sign of grief and anger? Becoming a drug pusher? You see any sign that Tim Miller sold?

Blaise

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back